2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th September 2015, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ISI University Kolkata

Indian Statistical Institute is an academic institute of national importance as recognised by a 1959 act of the Indian parliament. It grew out of the Statistical Laboratory set up by Prasanta Chandra Mahalanobis in Presidency College, Kolkata.

You didn’t mention you want to join Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in which subject so here I am telling you eligibility of JRF program for all subjects offered by this Institute

Statistics:
(i) A good academic record with M Stat, MA/M Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics or,
(ii) outstanding mathematical maturity with B Stat/B Math, BA/B Sc or equivalent degree with Statistics as the main subject

Mathematics:
(i) A good academic record with M Stat, M Math, MA/M Sc or equivalent degree in Mathematics or,
(ii) Outstanding mathematical maturity with B Stat/B Math, BA/ B Sc or equivalent degree with Mathematics as the main subject

Quantitative Economics:
(i) A good academic record with MS(QE), M Stat, MA/M Sc or equivalent degree in Statistics/Mathematics/Economics/Econometrics or,
(ii) outstanding mathematical maturity with BA/B Sc degree with Economics as the main subject.
If you are possessing a Master’s degree in any subject with Mathematics/Statistics as a full subject at the undergraduate level is also eligible

Computer Science:
A good academic record with ME/M Tech or equivalent degree in Electronics/ Telecommunication/ Radio Physics/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/ Microwave Communications/Information Technology/Bioinformatics/Biotechnology with Mathematics as a compulsory subject at the graduate level or a good academic record with M Stat/M Sc/ MCA/MA

Quality, Reliability and Operations Research:
A good academic record with M Tech/ME/MS/ M Phil or equivalent degree in Quality/Reliability/Operations Research or a good academic record with M Stat/M Sc/MA or equivalent degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Physics with Mathematics as a compulsory subject at the graduate level

Physics and Applied Mathematics:
A consistently good academic record with M Sc in Physics/Mathematics/ Statistics

Agriculture and Ecology:
A good academic record with M Sc in Applied Microbiology/ Biotechnology/Plant Genetics or M Sc in Entomology/Plant Pathology/Botany/Ecology/ Nematology/Zoology (desirable prior experience in plant nematological work) or M Sc in Microbiology/Botany (with specialization in Microbiology)/ Biochemistry

Biological Anthropology:
M Sc in Anthropology with first class and with specialization in Physical/Bological Anthropology

Psychology:
MA/ M Sc in Psychology / Applied Psychology

Geology:
A good academic record with M Sc in Geology or equivalent

Stipend given
₹ 18000/- per month ME/M Tech or equivalent applicant
₹ 16000/- per month to Others
A special fellowship of ₹ 20000/- per month is also available for outstanding candidates in each of the following subjects: (i) Statistics, (ii) Mathematics, (iii) Computer Science, (iv) Quantitative

For more info contact:
Indian Statistical Institute
No. 203, Barrackpore Trunk Road
Kolkata, West Bengal 700108
Telephone: 033 2575 2001

[MAP]Indian Statistical Institute[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in