2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th April 2013, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ISAT Syllabus for Exam

As you are looking for the syllabus for the entrance examination of junior research fellowship in Library and Information Science of ISI kolkata so here I am giving you syllabus of it..

Library and Information Science JRF exam syllabus:

Area I : Foundations of information Science Information : Definition, kinds, nature, use Information models and theories. Economics of information. Information and National Development System.

Information System as a basic
Component of NDS : Primary Information Communication System, Theories of human communication; Information diffusion, Secondary Information Service System. Normative principles of information systems. Different information phenomena (activities), and corresponding applied and fundamental disciplines. Information professions and their specializations.

Information Science:
Definition; Scope; Educational Programmes in Library Science, Documentation, and “Information Science”. Relationship of “Information Science” with other disciplines.

Area II :

Information Sources, communication Media, Information Systems and Programmes. Identification, organization, utilization, limitations and other relevant characteristics of information sources.
1 Documentary sources
2. Human sources
3. Institutional sources

For more details I am attaching a PDF file with it so you can get it easily.

Tags
syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in