2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th November 2017, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IRDA Specified Person Exam

On behalf of Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India Insurance Institute of India conducts Pre Recruitment Test for insurance advisors.

To facilitate insurance companies to deploy more agents and also to offer choice to the candidates who are tech savvy it conducts the exam in electronic mode.

Eligibility for examinations

Regulation 4 of the regulations (i.e. IRDA (licensing of Insurance Agents) /Regulations, 2000) requires that a person desiring to obtain or renew a license to act as an insurance agent or a composite insurance agent must possess the minimum qualification of a pass in 12th standard or equivalent exam conducted by any recognized Board/Institution, where one resides in a place with a population of 5000 or more as per the last census, and a pass in 10th standard or equivalent exam from a recognized Board/Institution if one resides in any other place.

According to the Regulation 5 of the regulations (i.e. IRDA (licensing of Insurance Agents) /Regulations, 2000), one desiring to obtain or renew a license to act as an agent is required to:

Complete from an approved institution 50 hrs of training (i.e. one seeking agency license for the first time) and 25 hrs of training (i.e. one seeking renewal of license), one seeking license for the first time to act as composite (i.e. Life/General) insurance agent has to complete 75 hrs of training.

Guidelines (Candidates) for Online Exams

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in