2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd September 2014, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IPS Entrance Entrance Exam Eligibility

Here I am providing the detailed information regarding the IPS entrance exam qualifications .

Eligibility Criteria

Aspiring Applicants must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not exceeds than 30 years of age
Aspiring Aspirants who are in the final year also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary exam

CSE consists of three phases
1) CSAT
2) Civil Services Mains
3) IPS Interview.

IPS Syllabus
UPSC Prelim Exam Syllabus
Part A

Paper I - (200 marks) Duration : Two hours

• Economic and Social Development-Sustainable • General Science.
• General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
• Current events of national and international importance
• History of India and Indian National Movement
• Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
• Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.

Paper II-(200 marks) Duration : Two hours
• Logical reasoning and analytical ability
• Decision making and problem solving
• General mental ability
• Comprehension
• English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level).
• Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level)
• Interpersonal skills including communication skills;

Part B

Paper III : English (200 marks / 3 hours duration) :

The pattern of questions would be broadly as follows (indicative only) :—
(i) Comprehension of given passages;
(ii) Usage and Vocabulary;
(iii) Precis Writing;
(iv) Paragraphs writing;

Paper IV :
Willing Aspirants will be required to write two Essays. One topic will pertain to Indian Society/politics/ Economy/Development, Growth and related aspects.
The other topic will pertain to security and related matters
23rd March 2015, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

I want to appear in the IPS Entrance Exam? So I am searching for the Eligibility required for the IPS Entrance Exam? Can you please tell me about its eligibility?
23rd March 2015, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

The Indian Police Service (IPS) is one of the most prestigious services in India, on par with or next only to the Indian Administrative Services (IAS).

Along with IAS and the Indian Forest Service (IFS), the IPS is also an All India Service (AIS). This means that the person selected for the IPS may be called serve in any part of the country.

You are asking for the Eligibility required for the IPS Entrance Exam. here I am provide you details about this:

IPS Exam Eligibility

The must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam form and not be older than 30 years of age (various relaxations are available for different categories).

Education:

The applicant must possess a graduate degree in any discipline of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of Central or State legislature in India

Candidates who are in the final semester or have taken their final degree exam but are awaiting the results can also appear for the IAS and IPS Preliminary examination

Indian Citizenship:

For these two services (IPS and IAS), a candidate must be a citizen of India. Whereas for other services, citizens of Nepal, Bhutan, a Tibetan

Physical Requirement:

Height:- Minimum height for men and women is fixed at 165 cm and 150 cm.
There is some relaxation of 5 cm for both men and women in case of them belonging to ST category.

Chest :- Men - 84 cm, Women - 79 cm. (expansion 5 cm for both)

Eye sight:- 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye . 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in