2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IP University B.Tech EEE syllabus

Here you are looking for B.Tech EEE syllabus of IP University, as you want here I am provide you.

Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Duration: 4 Years
Level: Post Graduation
Type: Degree

B.Tech. Electrical and Electronic Engineering Eligibility

Candidates must pass XII with PCM or equivalent with minimum 55% marks.

IP University B.Tech EEE syllabus

FIRST SEMESTER EXAMINATION

THEORY PAPERS
ETMA 101 Applied Mathematics – I
ETPH 103 Applied Physics – I
ETCH 105 Applied Chemistry – I
ETME 107 Manufacturing Process
ETCS 109 Introduction to Computers and Auto CAD
ETEL 111 Communication Skills – I
ETEL 113 Impact of Science & Technology on Society
PRACTICAL/VIVA VOCE
ETPH 151 Applied Physics Lab. – I
ETCH 153 Applied Chemistry Lab. – I
ETCS 155 Introduction to Auto CAD Office Automation and Web Design
ETME 157 Workshop Practice
ETME 159 Engineering Graphics Lab.

SECOND SEMESTER EXAMINATION

THEORY PAPERS
ETMA 102 Applied Mathematics – II
ETPH 104 Applied Physics – II
ETCH 106 Applied Chemistry – II
ETCS 108 Introduction to Programming
ETME 110 Engineering Mechanics
ETEC 112 Electrical Science
ETEL 114 Communication Skills – II
PRACTICAL/VIVA VOCE
ETPH 152 Applied Physics Lab. – II
ETCH 154 Applied Chemistry Lab. – II
ETCS 156 C Programming Lab.
ETME 158 Engineering Mechanics Lab.
ETEC 160 Electrical Science Lab.

THIRD SEMESTER EXAMINATION

THEORY PAPERS
ETMA 201 Applied Mathematics – III
ETEE 203 Analog Electronics-I
ETEC 205 Circuits & Systems

ETEE 207 Electrical Engineering Materials
ETEE 209 Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion – I
ETCS 211 Data Structures
PRACTICAL/VIVA VOCE
ETEE 251 Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion Lab
ETEC 253 Circuits & Systems lab
ETEE 255 Analog Electronics – I Lab.
ETCS 257 Data Structures Lab.

FOURTH SEMESTER EXAMINATION

THEORY PAPERS
ETEE 202 Electro - Mechanical Energy Conversion – II

ETEE 204 Analog Electronics – II
ETEE 206 Power System – I
ETEE 208 Control Engineering – I
ETEE 210 Electromagnetic Field Theory
ETEE 212 Power Station Practice
PRACTICAL/VIVA VOCE
ETEE 252 Electro Mechanical Energy Conversion Lab
ETEE 254 *Analog Electronics Lab
ETEE 256 Power System –I Lab
ETEE 258 Control Engineering Lab

UNIT - I
Water: Specifications for water, analysis of water – alkalinity, hardness and its determination (EDTA method only). Water for domestic use, Water softening processes – Lime – Soda process, Ion exchange method, boiler feed water, boiler problems-scale, sludge, priming and foaming, caustic embitterment and corrosion, their causes and prevention, removal of silica, removal of dissolved gases, carbonate and phosphate conditioning, colloidal conditioning, calgon treatment, Numerical problems on alkalinity, hardness, Lime-Soda process and Ion exchange method, EDTA method.

UNIT - II
Fuels: Classification, combustion and chemical principles involved in it, calorific value: gross and net calorific values and their determination by bomb calorimeter and Boy’s gas calorimeter.
Solid Fuels: Proximate and ultimate analysis of coal and their importance, High and low temperature carbonisation, Coke: Its manufacture by Otto Hoffman oven.
Liquid Fuels: Conversion of coal into liquid fuels (Bergius process and Fisher-Tropsch Process) and mechanism, Petroleum: its chemical composition and fractional distillation, cracking of heavy oil residues – thermal and catalytic cracking, knocking and chemical structure, octane number and cetane number and their significance, power alcohol, Analysis of flue gases by Orsat’s apparatus, Numerical on calorific value, combustion, proximate and ultimate analysis of coal, flue gas analysis.

UNIT - III
Environmental Pollution and Control: Air Pollution: Types of pollutants, source effects, sink and control of primary pollutants – CO, Nox, HC, Sox and particulates, effects of pollutants on man and environment – photochemical smog and acid rain.
Water Pollution: Classification of pollutants, their sources, waste water treatment – domestic and industrial.
Soil Pollution: Composition of soil, classification and effects of soil pollutants and their control.
Solid Waste Pollution: Classification, waste treatment & Disposal methods (Composting, sanitary landfilling, thermal processes, recycling and reuse).
Hazardous Wastes: Classification – radioactive, biomedical and chemical, treatment and disposal – physical, chemical and biological processes.
UNIT - IV
Solutions: Ideal and non-ideal solutions, Raoult’s Law, Distillation of binary solutions, Henry’s Law, Nernst distribution law, Arrhenius theory and special behaviour of strong electrolytes.
Corrosion: Types of corrosion (dry, wet, atmospheric and soil corrosion), theories of corrosion, protective measures against corrosion.

TEXT BOOKS:
1. Chemistry in Engineering & Technology (Vol I & II) (Latest ed.), By J.C. Kuriacose & J. Rajaram
2. Environmental Chemistry & Pollution Control (Latest ed.), By S.S. Dara
3. Applied Chemistry (Latest ed.), By H.D. Gesser

UNIT - I
Casting Processes:
Principles of metal casting: Pattern materials, types and allowance; Study of moulding, sand moulding, tools, moulding materials, classification of moulds, core, elements of gating system, casting defects, description and operation of cupola: special casting processes e.g. die-casting, permanent mould casting, centrifugal casting, investment casting.

UNIT - II
Smithy and Forging:
Basic operation e.g. upsetting, fullering, flattening, drawing, swaging: tools and appliances: drop forging, press forging.
Bench Work and Fitting
Fitting, sawing, chipping, thread cutting (die), tapping; Study of hand tools, Marking and marking tools.

UNIT - III
Metal joining:
Welding principles, classification of welding techniques; Oxyacetylene Gas welding, equipment and field of application, Arc-welding, metal arc, Carbon arc, submerged arc and atomic hydrogen welding, Electric resistance welding: spot, seam, butt, and percussion welding; Flux: composition, properties and function; Electrodes, Types of joints and edge preparation, Brazing and soldering.

UNIT – IV
Sheet Metal Work:
Common processes, tools and equipments; metals used for sheets, standard specification for sheets, spinning, bending, embossing and coining.
TEXT BOOKS:
1. Manufacturing Process by Raghuvanshi.
1. Manufacturing Technology by P.N.Rao (TMH publications)

REFERENCE BOOK:
1. Workshop Technology by Hazra-Chowdhary
2. Production Engineering by R.K.Jain
3. Workshop Technology by Chapman

UNIT - I
Introduction to Computer:
Overview of Computer organization and historical perspective computer applications in various fields of science and management.
Data representation: Number systems, character representation codes, Binary, hex, octal codes and their inter conversions.
Binary arithmetic, Floating-point arithmetic, signed and unsigned numbers.
UNIT - II
Introduction to OS and Office Automation
Concept of computing, Introduction to Operating Systems such as DOS, windows 2000/Xp, UNIX, Client Server Technology, etc. (only brief user level description).
Introduction to World Processing, Spread Sheet & Presentation software e.g. MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Power Point.

UNIT - III
Introduction to Auto CAD
Coordinate System, 2D drafting: lines, circles, arc, polygon, etc., Editing, 3D, Solid modeling, Rendering, Use of Auto CAD for engineering drawing practices.
UNIT - IV
Web Technologies
Introduction to World Wide Web, Search engines, e-mail, news, gopher, Audio & Video Conferencing, Internet Protocols: FTP, telnet, TCP/IP, SMTP, HTTP, Languages used for WEB Technology: HTML, practical examples using DHTML and Static HTM

To get full syllabus of IP University B.Tech EEE syllabus you can download this attachment it is free to download.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IP University B.Tech EEE syllabus.doc (687.0 KB, 193 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in