2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th February 2013, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Interview for Audiologist Jobs

The Audiology jobs section is for audiology related for example:
Audiologists, audiological scientists, ENT / audiological physicians, hearing aid audiologists, hearing therapists, acousticians, auditory scientists, university lecturers in audiology and related areas, research audiologists (post-doctoral research fellows) etc.

The few questions asked in interviews are as below for Audiology
What would you hope to contribute to our staff and our program?
What assistive devices are you familiar with? To what extent?
Describe your experience with the following populations: autism,
hearing impairment, early childhood, multiple disabilities, TBI, etc.
What is your experience with/knowledge of curriculum?
What is your familiarity with IAT’s, MFE’s, IEP’s?
What is your area of expertise?
What personal accomplishments have given you the most pleasure?
Why?
Share a caseload triumph. Share a ‘war’ story.
What is a comfortable caseload size for you?
What would I see if I came to your therapy room?
How would you handle an irate parent/teacher/principal?
19th May 2015, 11:44 AM
Unregistered

I am going for the Audiologist job interview. Would you like to tell me about what are the interviews questions are asked in Audiologist job interview, so I can prepare them in advance?
19th May 2015, 11:44 AM
Super Moderator

Here, I am giving you list of the some interview questions asked in the Audiologist job interview, have a look.

Hear USA audiologists typical take one hour for their initial consultation .This includes a case history, impedance testing, a complete audiogram with bone and speech, and counseling on amplification if indicated. Generally how long does it take you for your initial exam?

Why is the employer asking this question?

HearUSA prides itself on consistently having a very low return rate company wide. Tell me about a time one of your patients wanted to return his/her hearing aids. How did you handle the situation, and how might it have been avoided?

Studies show that when indicated binaural amplification significantly improves communication ability in many different listening situations. If your patient was a candidate for binaural amplification but was adamant about wearing one aid, what approach would you take?

Part of our history taken includes a Hearing Health Profile, a Patient Self-Assessment of Communication (SAC), and a Significant Other Assessment of Communication (SOAC). Other than your Audiogram, how do you assess your patients' needs?

HearUSA provides our professionals with the necessary Continuing Education credits through a variety of different events and meetings throughout the year. What topics would you like to see discussed to enhance your education of our industry?

Our company recognizes that our front office staff is an integral part of managing successful clinics. The audiologists and office staff have adopted a "team concept" to their approach to excellent customer care. In your previous position, how did you try to accomplish this with your office and support staff?

Our approach to successful hearing aid fittings, involves consistent follow up. Once the hearing instruments are dispensed we regularly provide a 48 hr phone call to our patient, one week follow up, a two week follow up and they are enrollment in our Hearing Education and Listening Program (HELP). What form of Aural Rehabilitation do you use in your current position?

Part of HearUSA protocol is to perform verification on every hearing aid fitting as well as any significant changes in programming. We use Real Ear Measurement as our method of verification. What tools do you use to ensure the hearing instruments are appropriate for your patient?

HearUSA does a lot of print advertising as well as direct mail to our existing data base. This brings in unscheduled or "walk in" business. What would your approach be if a patient walked into your clinic without an appointment and you had no available time to see them?

HearUSA believes that our employees are our most important asset. What kind of environment do you find most challenging and fun?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in