2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd August 2014, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Integrated MSC PHD Bose Institute

An Integrated M.Sc.- Ph.D. Programme on Life Sciences which duration is approximately 6 years, has been introduced at the Bose Institute, Kolkata, with the collaboration of the Calcutta University in 2011. It was designed to scientifically orient the students towards research immediately after graduation.

Admission:
Not more than twenty (20) students in Life Sciences and five (5) in Physical Science will get admission. Admission to this courses will be based on the good academic record as well as performance in the eligibility tests.

Areas of specialization
Life Sciences are:
(i) Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology,
(ii) Molecular & Cellular Biology,
(iii) Biophysical Chemistry,
(iv) Computational & Systems Biology.

Physical Science
: (i) Astroparticle Physics & Space Science,
(ii) Quantum Computational & Information,
(iii) Complex System,
(iv) Condensed Matter Physics.

Eligibility for application:
Candidates has to secure at least 65% marks each in Madhyamik and Higher Secondary (10+2) or their equivalent examinations of which 70% aggregate be in science subjects, and more than 60% marks in B.Sc. (Honours) in any branch of Science, or B.Tech/B.E /MBBS examinations from any recognized Board/ University/Institution etc. are eligible

Reservation of seats:
Reservation belonging to SC/ST and Other Backward Classes (OBC) would be in accordance with the reservation policy of the Government of India.

Application form:

Address:
Bose Institute and University of Calcutta
Centenary Building (Kankurgachi), Bose Institute,
P 1/12 CIT Scheme, VIIM, Kolkata 700054
Phone no.: 033 2569 3311

Bose Institute

93/1, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Rd, Raja Bazar, Machuabazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700009 ‎ 1.3 km NE
033 2350 2402 ‎

Map:

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Bose+Institute+and+University+of+Calcutta&h l=en&ll=22.585009,88.390675&spn=0.09383,0.163422&s ll=28.602157,77.277832&sspn=0.089222,0.163422&hq=B ose+Institute+and&hnear=University+Of+Calcutta,+87 +%2F1,+College+St,+Kolkata,+West+Bengal+700073&t=m &z=13&iwloc=A[/MAP]
31st March 2015, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Will you give me detail about the Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in Life Sciences & Physical Science offered by Bose Institute?
31st March 2015, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here providing you detail about the Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. Programmes in Life Sciences & Physical Science offered by Bose Institute.

Eligibility:

Candidates securing at least 65% marks each in Madhyamik and Higher Secondary (10+2) or their equivalent examinations .

Candidates securing more than 60% marks in B.Sc. (Honours) in any branch of Science, or B.Tech/B.E /MBBS examinations for Life Sciences Programme.

For Physical Science Candidates t must have passed B.Sc. Honours in Physics, B.E., B.Tech. or other equivalent examinations.

Areas of specialization of the course of Life Sciences:
(i) Plant Molecular Biology & Biotechnology,
(ii) Molecular & Cellular Biology,
(iii) Biophysical Chemistry, and
(iv) Computational & Systems Biology.

The areas of specialization of the course of Physical Science :
(i) Astroparticle Physics & Space Science,
(ii) Quantum Computational & Information,
(iii) Complex System,
(iv) Condensed Matter Physics.

Admission usually provided in month of July every year.

Address:
Bose Institute
93/3A/1, Acharya Prafulla Chandra Road,
Raja Bazar, Kolkata, West Bengal 700009 ‎
033 2303 1213 ‎

Map:

[MAP]Bose Institute, West Bengal[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in