2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th June 2015, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Institute of Agricultural Sciences Banaras Hindu University Varanasi

Banaras Hindu University also known as BHU, Varanasi was recognized in 1916, it is an internationally alleged temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. Banaras Hindu University ranks among the first few in the country in the field of academic and research output.

Facilities in Banaras Hindu University -

Central Library
Health Services
Sports & Games
Co- Curricular Activity
Hostels
Alumni Cell
Canteen
Workshop
Museum
Library
Hospitals

As you want to do the M.Sc (Agri.) so here I am providing you the details below:

Academic year
The academic year shall be divided into 2 (Two) semesters of approximately 100 working days
each.

1.1 Fees : All the seats are under paid seat. The fees paid will be Rs. 10,000/- per semester per
student. Rest of the fees, student shall pay as prescribed by the Institute of Agricultural
Sciences from time to time.

Part I : Admission and course requirements of M.Sc. (Ag.) Agroforestry

Admission

2.1 Mode of admission

Admission to the M.Sc. (Ag.) Agroforestry shall be made on merit computed on the basis of
marks obtained by candidates in competitive examination called Post Graduate Entrance Test
for Agriculture, herein-after abbreviated "PET-Ag" to be conducted by the Controller of
Examinations, Banaras Hindu University, on a date and centres to be announced from time to
time.

2.2 Eligibility
The Entrance Examination shall be open to Indian citizens only. A candidate shall be eligible
to appear at the Entrance Examination if he / she is physically fit and has :
I Passed the Four Year B.Sc. (Ag.) / three year B.Sc / Environmental Science examination
of the University or an equivalent examination recognized by the University.
II Obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate under the traditional system or an OGPA of
2.5/4, 3.5/5, 4.0/6 and 6.5/10 under the course credit system.
III Applicants who have secured more than one (1) III division or equivalent OGPA in their
academic career shall not be eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
IV Candidates appearing at the respective qualifying examinations shall be eligible to the
entrance examination but shall have to provide the proof of their passing the said
examination as and when called for, prior to their admission.
M.Sc (Agri.) from BHU
Supernumerary Admission/ Weightages
ORDINANCES
These ordinances shall be called "Ordinances governing, M.Sc. (Ag.) : Agroforestry in the faculty of Agriculture, 2005-06.
1. Academic year
The academic year shall be divided into 2 (Two) semesters of approximately 100 working days each.
1.1 Fees : All the seats are under paid seat. The fees paid will be Rs. 10,000/- per semester per student. Rest of the fees, student shall pay as prescribed by the Institute of Agricultural Sciences from time to time.
Part I : Admission and course requirements of M.Sc. (Ag.) Agroforestry
2.0 Admission
2.1 Mode of admission
Admission to the M.Sc. (Ag.) Agroforestry shall be made on merit computed on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in competitive examination called Post Graduate Entrance Test for Agriculture, herein-after abbreviated "PET-Ag" to be conducted by the Controller of Examinations, Banaras Hindu University, on a date and centres to be announced from time to time.
2.2 Eligibility
The Entrance Examination shall be open to Indian citizens only. A candidate shall be eligible to appear at the Entrance Examination if he / she is physically fit and has :
I Passed the Four Year B.Sc. (Ag.) / three year B.Sc / Environmental Science examination of the University or an equivalent examination recognized by the University.
II Obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate under the traditional system or an OGPA of 2.5/4, 3.5/5, 4.0/6 and 6.5/10 under the course credit system.
III Applicants who have secured more than one (1) III division or equivalent OGPA in their academic career shall not be eligible to appear in the entrance examination.
IV Candidates appearing at the respective qualifying examinations shall be eligible to the entrance examination but shall have to provide the proof of their passing the said examination as and when called for, prior to their admission.
2.3 Number of Seats
On the basis of the entrance examination, admission shall be made to a maximum of twenty five (25) seats including those for SC (15%) and ST (7.5%).
2.4 Supernumerary Seats
2.4.1 A maximum of Two (2) supernumerary admissions may be made from among the candidates who have been awarded fellowship by ICAR/ National Organizations on the basis of written test/ interviews provided they fulfill the minimum eligibility conditions for admission. Such candidates shall not be required to appear at the Entrance Examination. Admission of such candidates shall be
( 1 )
made on their inter-se merit of Academic record prepared vice 2.4.2 (Table) of Inst. Agric Sciences syllabus.
2.4.2 A maximum of Two (2) supernumerary admissions may be made from among the foreign nationals holding fellowship / scholarship and sponsored by the Government of India. Such applicants shall not be required to appear at the Entrance Examination. Admission of such candidates shall be made on their inter-se merit of Academic Record rating provided they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission. The academic record rating shall be calculated according to the following table :
Examination Points/division or equivalent OGPA
I II III
High School or Equivalent 10 7 5
Intermediate or Equivalent 16 9 6
B.Sc. (Ag.) or Equivalent 24 11 7
2.4.3 Admission of B.H.U. Employees
A maximum of Two (2) supernumerary admission may be made from among the permanent employees of the Banaras Hindu University. Such candidates shall be full time students and shall have to fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission, appear at the entrance examination and obtain qualifying marks for admission. Admission under this category shall be made on their inter-se merit at the entrance examination. Applicants under this category shall apply through proper channel after obtaining a `No Objection Certificate' and Two (2) years study leave from the Registrar, B.H.U.
2.4.4 Ten per cent supernumerary seats at the Institute level shall be available to the sons/ daughters of the permanent in-service employees of Banaras Hindu University provided they appear and qualify in the entrance examination. Admission in this category shall be made on the inter-se merit of such candidates at the PET-Ag.
2.4.5 Twenty Five Per cent (25%) Supernumerary seats shall be available for admission of candidates nominated by the I.C.A.R. on the basis of combined admission test conducted by the ICAR for M.Sc. (Ag) admission.
2.5 Scheme of Entrance Examination (PET-Ag.)
The examination shall comprise of one paper of two hours duration consisting of objective type questions.
2.6 Syllabus for the Entrance Examination
The question paper shall be based on B.Sc.(Ag) courses generally taught at graduation level.
2.7 Merit List for Admission
2.7.1 Evaluation : Evaluation of answer scripts is based on negative marking system i.e. 50% marks allotted to a question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
( 2 )
2.7.2 Candidates shall be selected in order of merit on the basis of the aggregate marks secured at the PET-Ag provided that a candidate has obtained not less that 35% marks in the aggregate marks of PET-Ag. In case SC/ST candidates it shall be 30% in aggregate marks of PET-Ag.
2.7.3 In the case of equal marks at the PET-Ag the inter-se ranking of the candidates shall be decided in the following order:
I The aggregate marks / OGPA obtained by the candidates at the qualifying examination recognized for the purpose of appearing in the PET-Ag.
II If the marks at the above examination are equal the aggregate per cent of marks obtained at Intermediate or equivalent examination.
III If the marks at the above [Vice 2.7.(ii)]examination happen to be the same, the date of birth would be the basis, i.e. the candidate senior in the age would rank higher.
2.7.4 In all matters relating to M.Sc. (Ag.) admission decision of a Committee comprising the admission committee of the Institute and the admission committee of the respective department shall be final.
2.7.5 No scrutiny / revaluation of the answer books of the PET-Ag shall be allowed
2.7.6 The candidates selected for admission will be informed individually by registered post.
2.7.7 A candidate/ candidates selected for admission may be referred to a Medical Board for Medical Examination for fitness by the Admission Committee.
3.0 Cancellation of Admission
The admission of an M.Sc. (Ag.) student is liable to be cancelled on the occurrence of any of the following :
I If he /she fails to attend classes, and absents regularly for 15 days or more without permission.
II If he /she fails to register in any course / thesis credits in any of the semester(s) unless he/she has dropped that semester(s).
III If his/her attendance is less than 25% in any semester.
IV On an act of indiscipline as per university rules.
4.0 Residential requirement
Minimum residential requirement shall be four (4) semesters, extendable to a maximum of
Eight (8) semesters in total.
5.0 Credit and course requirement
5.1 In order to qualify for the M.Sc. (Ag.) degree a student shall offer not less than
60 credits. The distribution of the credits is given below :
I Major Discipline : Not less than 30 credits of 500 series courses of which at least 18 credits
shall be taken in the form of compulsory courses by all the students as prescribed.

Contact Details:
Banaras Hindu University
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh 221005
Phone: 0542 236 8558
For more details I am attaching a pdf which contains all the details related to the admission.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf M.Sc (Agri.) from BHU.pdf (68.9 KB, 136 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in