2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th September 2014, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Infosys Solved Model Question paper

You need Infosys placement exam Solved Model Question paper, here I am giving:

1. At 6 o a clock ticks 6 times. The time between first and last ticks is 30 seconds. How long does it tick at 12 o clock.
Ans: 66 sec. (2 marks)

2. Three friends divided some bullets equally. After all of them shot 4 bullets the total number of bullets remaining is equal to the bullets each had after division. Find the original number divided.
Ans: 18 (2 marks)

Initially . x x x
Now x-4 x-4 x-4
Equation is 3x-12 = x

3. A ship went on a voyage.
After it had travelled 180 miles a plane statrted with 10 times the speed of the ship. Find the distance when they meet from starting point.
Ans: 200miles. (2 marks)

Distance travelled by plane = 1/10 distance travelled by ship + 180

4. Complete the Table given below:
Three football teams are there. Given below is the group table. Fill in the x s Played Won Lost Draw Goals For Goals Against
A 2 2 x x x 1
B 2 x x 1 2 4
C 2 x x x 3 7
Ans: The filled table is given below (4 marks)

Played Won Lost Draw Goals For Goals Against
A 2 2 0 0 7 1
B 2 0 1 1 2 4
C 2 0 1 1 3 7

5. There are 3 societies A, B, C.
A lent cars to B and C as many as they had already. After some time B gave as many tractors to A and C as many as they have. After sometime c did the same thing. At the end of this transaction each one of them had 24. Find the cars each orginally had.
Ans: A had 39 cars, B had 21 cars & C had 12 cars (4 marks)

6. There N stations on a railroad. After adding X stations on the rail route 46 additional tickets have to be printed.
Find N and X.
Ans. x=2 and N=11
Let initially, N(N-1) = t
After adding, (N+X)(N+X-1) = t+46
By trail and error method (4 marks)

7. Given that April 1 is tuesday.
A, B, C are 3 persons told that their farewell party was on
A - May 8, thursday
B - May 10,tuesday
C - June 5, friday
Out of A, B, C only one made a completetly true statement concerning date,day and month The other told two one told the day right and the other the date right.. What is correct date, month, day.
Ans: B - (May 10) SUNDAY
C - June 6 (Friday). (5 marks)

8. The Bulls, Pacers, Lakers and Jazz ran for a contest.
Anup, Sujit, John made the following statements regarding results.
Anup said either Bulls or Jazz will definitely win
Sujit said he is confident that Bulls will not win
John said he is confident that neither Jazz nor Lakers will win
When the result cameit was found that only one of the above three had made a correct statement.
Who has made the correct statement and who has won the contest.
Ans: Sujith; Lakers (5marks )

9. Five people A ,B ,C ,D ,E are related to each other. Four of them make one true statement each as follows.
(i) B is my father s brother.
(ii) E is my mother-in-law.
(iii)C is my son-in-law s brother
(iv)A is my brother s wife.
Ans: (i) D

(ii) B
(iii) E
(iv) C (10 marks)

10. Some statements are given below:
L says all of my other four friends have money
M says that P said that exactly one among them has money
N says that L said that precisely two among them have money
O says that M said that three of the others have money
P, L and N said that they have money
22nd March 2015, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Will you provide me the sample solved paper of the Infosys placement test , as I requires solved paper while doing preparation for test ?
22nd March 2015, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here providing you sample solved paper of the Infosys placement test.

Sample paper :
INFOSYS

Aptitude Questions
1. One guy has Rs. 100/- in hand. He has to buy 100 balls. One football costs Rs. 15/, One Cricket ball costs Re. 1/- and one table tennis ball costs Rs. 0.25 He spend the whole Rs. 100/- to buy the balls. How many of each balls he bought?
2. The distance between Station Atena and Station Barcena is 90 miles. A train starts from Atena towards Barcena. A bird starts at the same time from Barcena straight towards the moving train. On reaching the train, it instantaneously turns back and returns to Barcena. The bird makes these journeys from Barcena to the train and back to Barcena continuously till the train reaches Barcena. The bird finally returns to Barcena and rests. Calculate the total distance in miles the bird travels in the following two cases:
(a) The bird flies at 90 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 60 miles per hour.
(b) the bird flies at 60 miles per hour and the speed of the train is 90 miles per hour
3. A tennis championship is played on a knock-out basis, i.e., a player is out of the tournament when he loses a match.
(a) How many players participate in the tournament if 15 matches are totally played?
(b) How many matches are played in the tournament if 50 players totally participate?
4. When I add 4 times my age 4 years from now to 5 times my age 5 years from now, I get 10 times my current age. How old will I be 3 years from now?
5. A rich merchant had collected many gold coins. He did not want anybody to know about them. One day, his wife asked, "How many gold coins do we have?" After pausing a moment, he replied, "Well! If I divide the coins into two unequal numbers, then 37 times the difference between the two numbers equals the difference between the squares of the two numbers." The wife looked puzzled. Can you help the merchant's wife by finding out how many gold R
6. A set of football matches is to be organized in a "round-robin" fashion, i.e., every participating team plays a match against every other team once and only once. If 21 matches are totally played, how many teams participated?
7. Glenn and Jason each have a collection of cricket balls. Glenn said that if Jason would give him 2 of his balls they would have an equal number; but, if Glenn would give Jason 2 of his balls, Jason would have 2 times as many balls as Glenn. How many balls does Jason have?
8. Suppose 8 monkeys take 8 minutes to eat 8 bananas.
(a) How many minutes would it take 3 monkeys to eat 3 bananas?
(b) How many monkeys would it take to eat 48 bananas in 48 minutes
9. It was vacation time, and so I decided to visit my cousin's home. What a grand time we had! In the mornings, we both would go for a jog. The evenings were spent on the tennis court. Tiring as these activities were, we could manage only one per day, i.e., either we went for a jog or played tennis each day. There were days when we felt lazy and stayed home all day long. Now, there were 12 mornings when we did nothing, 18 evenings when we stayed at home, and a total of 14 days when we jogged or played tennis. For how many days did I stay at my cousin's place?
10. A 31" x 31" square metal plate needs to be fixed by a carpenter on to a wooden board. The carpenter uses nails all along the edges of the square such that there are 32 nails on each side of the square. Each nail is at the same distance from the neighboring nails. How many nails does the carpenter use?

Answer and Explanation.
1. F + C + T = 100-------------eq1
15F + C + 0.25T = 100-------------eq2
eq1=eq2 .solve to get F=3T/56 ;F=3,T=56,C=41
2. a) There is no need to consider their meeting pt at all. the train has been running for 90miles/(60miles/hr)=1.5hrs.bird flies till train reaches destination frm strting pt. so bird flies for1.5hrs at the vel given(90).so dist=1.5*90=135miles

b) time of train=1hr. so dist of bird=60*1=60miles
3. (a) u don't need to sum it up. since it's a knock out only 1 person emerges winner finally.so15+1=16is answer. becos after15 matches finally we shud've 15losers and 1winner.

(b) 49:its always one less than no of players as per the idea given above. so no need to check okay cos its always true. ans is 49.
4. Let x= current age
4(x+4)+5(x+5)=10x ;so x=R 41 years
5. 37(x-y)=x^2-y^2. u no tht x^2-y^2=(x-y)(x+y). so (x-y) cancels on both sides to give x+y=37. so sum of unequal halves=37 which is the req answer.
6. R ans:7 teams okay. for a match u need 2 teams. suppose there r totally 'n 'teams.
Now uve to choose 2 teams out of 'n' teams. so answer =no of such choices=no. of possible combinations. So we've ans = nC2(ncombination2)=21;solve to get n=7.
Sol: n(n-1)/2=21. so n=7.if u don't understand c the graph below
each team plays no. of matches=no of teams ahead of it. One bar '|' represents one team.
6 5 4 3 2 1 0 -----------21
last team is written as 0 matches becos this team has already played with all other teams-hence sum of matches =6+5+4+3+2+1=21 which is correct only if no of teams =7
7. R 14
1. G+2=j-2
2. 2(G-2)=J+2.
solve these 2 to get
J=14
8. a). Sol: each mky takes 8 min to eat a banana

b).ans:8m=48 m=6
9. Use sets and venn diagram to solve such questions. a, b, aub, anb etc.
12=tennis+leave
18=jog +leave
so jog-tennis=6
again jog+tennis=14.so solve and get jog=10,leave=8,tennis=4.so tot=22
10. Ans= 32*2 + 30*2=124

Aptitude Questions
1. A software engineer returns from America. As he is fat he decided to have evening walk.....he started at 3pm. he walks along the road at 4km/hr for some time then he climbs a upward slope area at 3km/hr then downwards at the rate of 6km/hr. then back to the home through the road at 4km/hr. what is the distance he covered in one way if he reaches back home at 9pm.
2. men and lodge related question
a)1 man related to 2lodges.
b)each lodge has 3 men.
c)only 1 man common b/w 2 lodges
3. A child questions his father, "What is your father's age", to which the father answers "He was aged X in year X^2 (X square) ". If the context is 20th Century, What is his Date of Birth?
4. A man rides cycle for two third of the distance to be covered. then his tyre got punctured. he walks the rest of the distance and found he took twice the time for walking compared to riding. How fast he can ride compared to walk.
5. 51 teams are there and they are to play basketball matches. A team is out of the tournament if that looses 2 games. what is the maximum number of games to be played to decide one winner.
6. who was the murderer(of smith) roger, o'neil, wait the waiter poisened smith with which friend. each of the friends tells 3 stmts 1 of which is false (1 stmt of each friend is false)
7. Nalanda, Rampur, Triloknagar, Maninagar etc some conditions are given....then u have to find which has the population below 5 lakhs. whic is not the capital 2 industrial towns,2 harbours, longitude relation, latitude relation......etc (four questions based on these)
8. Another one on A,B,C , D and E younger and older relation + occupation of each nutritionist, doctor, planner etc. find who is who ?
9. Two lamps sold for Rs.12 each profit of 25% on 1 and loss 0f 20% on other? did he gain or lose? by how much?
10. A,B,C are persons and thy r div into three groups: Sororrean [always truth] , Nororrean [always lie] and Midrorrean [alternate-but not in any order as they speak truth first of false first]--repaet from earlier papers.
Answers
1. Ans: 12 km (one way )( total distance:12* 2 = 24 km)
2. Ans: 6 men and 4lodges
3. Ans: 1892
4. Ans: V(riding)=4*V(walking)[4 times]
5. Ans:101 matches
6. Ans: Roger was the murderer.(not sure)
9. Ans: 60 paise loss
10. Ans: A: midrorean B: nororrean C: sororrean

Aptitude Questions
1. There r some bees in a garden.1/5th of them went to a particular flower,1/3rd went to another flower, 3 times the difference of the above two went to third flower. n one was remaining n it was roaming around. how many bees were there? (3 marks)
Ans:15
2. Jim n Harry have the same number of marbles when they start playing. n then afterwards...Jim gains 20 marbles and later he loses 2/3rds of what he had. now Harry has 4 times as many marbles as Jim has. What r the initial number of marbles that each of them had?
Ans:100 each
3. F, G, H, J, K are some juniors and P, Q, R, S are some seniors...and there are 3 communities Cultural, Recreation n Ethics. n each contained 3 members each. n each one was a member of only one committee.
i) F, Q are in Cultural committee.
ii) P is in recreation committee.
iii) J wont be in a committee where H or Q are there.
iv) G will be in recreation committee if S also works in recreation committee.
v) there will be atleast one senior in each committee.
vi) R wont be in a committee is S is there
In this 4 parts were there they gave some conditions and asked to choose from the options.
4. There was a community in which there were 1000 couples. In that 2/3rd of men who r taller r also heavier n 3/4th of the men who r heavier r also taller n there were 120 women who were both heavier n taller than men. So how many men r both taller n heavier than women? (3 marks)
5. A man drives with constant speed. n he after some time he sees a milestone with 2-digits. then he travels for an hr n sees the same 2 digits in reverse order. n then after an hr he sees that the milestone has the same 2 digits with a 0 between them. so whats the man speed?
Ans:45km/hr
6. There were 2 systems A n B. 14 degrees in A is equivalent to 36 in system B and 133 in A is equivalent to 87 in B. now what is the temperature where they both r equal?
Ans:51.25 (conversion A=(7/3)B-70)
7. X Y Z X Y Z
A B + A B -
------- ----- -------------
C D E F B G A
find X,Y,Z,G
8. A women buys some shoe strips n then 4 times of that she buys packet pins n then 8 times of shoe strips she buys hand kerchiefs. n she has a bill of Rs3.24. n she pays for each article as many paise as there r articles(of tht particular item).Now whats the number of handkerchiefs? Ans:16
9. Ms.Anitha got her salary n she spent half of it in shopping n gave 1RS to a beggar. After that 1/2 of the remaining money she spends in a hotel n she gives Rs.2/- as a tip to waiter. n then 1/2 of the remaining she spends again n she gives 3 RS as charity. n after that finally she is left with Rs 1/- when she comes out. Whats the actual money she had?
Rs 42/- (3 marks)
10. There r 2 children. one of them lies on Monday, wednesday n friday n tell truth on every other day. the other will lie on Tuesday, thursday n saturday n always tells truth on other days. n both of them tell the truth on sundays. then which of the following can be deduced?
i)If its a sunday both will say so
ii)if one of then says a correct day then other will lie everything.

Aptitude
1. One-third of the persons in front of me together with 3/4th of the persons behind me equals the total number of the persons in the merry go round. find the total number.
2. A bus has a maximum speed of 100 km/h. With 3 people, the bus moves at a speed of 88 km/h. With 6 people what would be the velocity if the bus' speed decreases proportionately with the number of people in the bus.
3. In an island, natives always lie and visitors always tell the truth. I met a salesman in a hotel in the island. I wanted to know whether the salesman was a native or a visitor. For that, instead of directly asking him, I asked him to ask a woman sitting in the nearby table whether she is a native or a visitor. The salesman asked the woman and said "she said she is a visitor". Is it possible to find whether the salesman was a visitor or a native? If so, what is he?
4. There are 3 teachers and 6 subjects. Some conditions like when the biology teacher was playing cards with the geography teacher, the history teacher was in class. Te1 and the geography teacher are neighbours ......
5. There are 4 persons Tom, Dick, Jack and Al who were fishing. Tom had more fishes than Jack. Tom and Jack together fished the same as Al and Dick. Tom and Al together had fished more than Dick and Jack. Give the list in descending order of number of fishes.(There was another condition that confirms that Dick ).
6. A 1 k.m. long wire is held by n poles. If one pole is removed, the length of the gap increases by 5/3 metres. What is the number of poles initially?
7. I left home early in the morning and returned back in the afternoon. The speciality that i noted was that when i returned, the minute hand was where the hour hand was in the morning and the hour hand was 2 minutes away from where the minute needle was in the morning. When did i return?
8. There was a problem from previous question papers, something like "There are 5 persons A,B,C,D,E and there are 5 languages, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, English and French. One person knows 5 languages, one knew 4, one knew 3, one knew 2 and one only one.A and B switch to Spanish when D comes because he doesn't know English. The most common language was spanish. Three knew spanish.
9. "There was a problem like this: A,B,C,D,E,F make one statement each.
A : .....
B : Today is a saturday
C : No, he lies. Today is not a saturday
D : Tomorrow is neither a saturday nor a friday
E : ......
F : Today is a Friday Only one statement among them was true. Then what is today???
10. A question like this: There is an island where a festival by name wishart is held. Given,the 1st of march 1972 is a wednesday, .....( I didn't have any time to completely read the problem)

Aptitude Questions
1. A shopkeeper arranges his fruits in such a way that putting say either 3, or 9,or 7 apples in a row each time one apple is left. but when he puts say 11 apples in a row no apple is left. find no. of apples.

ans: take l.c.m. of earlier three nos. add 1 if divided by 11 fine else multiply by 2 add 1 divide by 11 .if not divisible keep on repeating. i got ans. in 2 steps.

2. A problem of staircase: if i start going down, having gone down 4 steps i see x coming up. i meet x in way going down. when i had still 7 steps to go down x had gone up .find no. of steps in the staircase. condition: for each of my one step down x goes up 2 steps.
ans:22
solution:
say total no. of steps x
2(x-11)==x
x="
3. Problem of merry go round. tom on a merry go round finds that one third of people ahead of him and three fourth of people behind him is equal to the no. of people on the merry go round. find the no. of people on the merry go round.
ans:13
since merry gorund is circular so
3/4x+1/3x==x+1.
4. A problem of cards. four persons sitting on a table. infront of each one of them one card is lying not having same colors on both sides.2 blue,2 red,2 green faces. each one guesses the color of unseen face of card .(guesses i don’t remember) exactly 2 are lying.
the front faces of card are red, blue, green, red respectively. find the colors of unseen faces of card.
5. five persons in a conference. a & b can communicate in english. when d joins the only common language of communication is spanish. a ,b, e can talk to each other in french only. exactly 3 people know portugese. the number of languages known by different persons are 1,2,3,4,5. some other similar conditions. you have to find answers to four questions based n these facts.
6. say on a sacle of 100:
85 have phones,80 cars,75 married,70 have houses. how many minimum persons are married, have phone car and houses on a scale of 100.
7. some series given
3 10 20 27 54 61 _
ans .162
some other series
trick: find square root then add some number etc.
8. some conditions on x<y<==1,xy==z choose which option would be incorrect. options like:x<y, x>z etc.
9. afternoon temperatures of five days are recorded. each temperature is different. multiple is 12.

ans:-1,1,2,-2,3
Infosys Interview
1. Tell us something interesting about urself .
A: i talked about my education.
2. Now about ur extra-curricular activities .say about dancing?
A: Yes , I like dancing very much.
3. What r the things necessary 4 a good dancer?
A: Expression, movements, understanding the lyrics.
4. What attracts u to dancing?
A: Music, rhythm.
5. Now about Debates. What topics did u speak in debates?
A: I can't recall all. some were related to education, some were social topics.
6. What was the topic related to education?
A: Whether literacy is necessary for Politicians.
7. If u r made the Head of Education Council of India, What changes will u bring about so as to improve the quality and efficiency of future engineers?
A: I wud see that more importance is given to practical aspects. syllabus may be modified eg 4 comp sc students, instead of teaching out dated languages , those in demand in the industry shud be taught. and 4 that quality teachers shud b recruited.(I said little more elaborately on that but this was the jest)
8. Be more specific. What exactly can be changed about the study pattern to ensure the efficiency?

A: teachers shud try to develop reading habits in students. In India we students don't do much of reading. Most of us only go thru the syllabus. Instead of loading students with a burden of assignments, they shud be given a particular topic to study and read about in a fixed time, say in one day find out about this Xyz topic. they will then go to library or search thru net and in this way learn something outside the syllabus.
9. How will u ensure they r reading?
By holding tests on that topic.
10. Now about sports. What sports did u play?
11. Tell us about Arunachal Pradesh.(my college is there)
12. what r the industries that can b promoted there?
13. what r the problems u face there?
14. how will u arrange a trip 4 four days to AP?
15. Your final yr project in layman's language. did u test it?

KANBAY

Aptitude pattern.
This time the pattern was different there was no problem from time and work time and distance profit and loss simple interest .compound interest Trains boats and streams. pipes. my advice is to be prepared with all the topics from RS Agarwal. and also of icet pattern
Mathematics.
Trigonometry(4) quadratic equations(2) .progressions(1) areas (3) LCM(1) ..arithmatic reasoning was also given in maths section it had 3 r 4 bits .stocks shares(4) basic arithmatic ages .averages matrices.probability.permutations deductions .conclusions number and alphabet series .clocks ..calenders..etc etc
1. square root of 20.8849 Ans 4.57
2. roots of the equation are 4 and 11
3. If 3sin@+5cos@=5.then find the value of (3sin@-5Cos@)2

There are 6 people A B C D E F.each of them have 10 marbles with them.Then A and B take 4 marbles each from D and E.then C gives 3 marbles to F.then gives away the marbles to C back and two more statements 3 questions on this.
4. How many marbles E had
5. Who had one more marble than F
6. The average of scores of 40 innings of A is 50. The highest score is 178 more than the least score .If those two are removed then the average of the remaining 38 innings is 40 Then the value of the least score is .numbers r not same but the model is
7. The sum of the ages of sohan sunil and sanjay is 60 yrs .6 yrs before sohans age was two thirds of sunil and half of sanjay.find the age of sanjay
8. Some amount of money has to be shared between A B C .the amount is 1500(not sure).A share is two ninghts of that of B and C .B share is three elevenths that of A and c togheter find the shares of A B C Ans first option 280 330
9. There is a building of height 500m. The angles of depressionn of the top of the building with the top and bottom of the tower are 30 and 45..Find the height of the tower ans 200( don t remember)
10. There are two persons standing in front of tower of height 300m..the angles of elevation are 30 and 60 find the distance between the two people Ans 21.96
11. matrix was given
x+2 x+3 x+4
x+3 x+5 x+11
x+7 x+12 x+14 find the determinant of the matrix
12. A B C 6

* F E

B C D G

A F H H

_ _ _ _ 8 the letters are not exactly the same but the numbers 6 and 8 are correct 4 auestions based on this
13. What is the least number when subtraced frm 23 51 37 29 gives the result as 0
14. Some question was given on stocks and shares..it was very big.and then 4 questions based on this ..
15. One more on trignometry consiting of some tan@
16. One more on complex numbers consisting of some alpha4beta4+alpha beta ..find the complex root
17. If X4+3X3+X2+1=0 then find the value of x3+2x2-1 question not exactly same but model is same
18. Two points were given (1,0,0) and (1,1,0). Find the perpendicular distance
19. Find the length of the wire required to tie around a square 15 times whose area is 30 hectares
20. Find the amount of water that can be filled in a pipe of diameter 8 cm and length some value
21. There are 101 natural numbers find the ratio of the sum of even numbers to the sum of odd numbers ans (51:50)
22. There are 500 students out of which 320 eat fish and 250 eat eggs..and 150 eat both..find the number of students who neither eat fish nor eat eggs
23. There are 6 boys and 4 girls .A committee of 5 is to be formed ..find the no of ways in which it can be formed in such a way that it includes at least 2 girls
24. Series -------4, 9, 25,_,169, 361

a .49 b.81 c.121 d e none
The letters from A-Z are written cyclically in the reverse orderin such a way that A=Z, B=Y, C=X, , Z=A.
25. What is the code for MANAGEMENT.
26. What is the code for( some word is given) we need to find the answer be careful the answer here is not INTERNET ..the last letter is different
27. What is the code for ISRO
28. If P* Q denotes P is father of Q .If P=Q denotes P is the sister of Q and 3 more conditions like this and 4 questions on this
29. A person starts walking to his home..first he walks 5 m northeast an then turns right n walks 5 m south east and then turns right and walks 5 m southwest and then turns right and finally walks 5 km north west..how far is he from starting point.

Kanbay Campus Exam
Test consist of
1)Written Test
1) Mathematical
2) Logical
2)Group Discussion
3)Personal Interviews
1. Average of 5 innings is 20. If four innings are 32, 10, 40 and 12 find the 5th inning score.
2. Area of path around a square is 256 sq.m. Find the width of path if the side of square is 30m.
3. A company increases the bonus 3 times of its 50 employees. What is the % increase in bonus?
4. A man swims in a river 5 min upstream and 5 min downstream. Starting at A and ending at B. What is the speed of the man?
5. NESTIN is a jumbled word. What are the first and last letters of the correct word.
6. There is enough material to fence 30m linear. Also there is old fence on oneside of the plot. Find the length and breadth of the plot.
7. In a game of Snooker A gives B 18 points for 90, A gives C 10 points for 60. How many can C give B in a game of 70?
8. C is the daughter of B. h is the brother of C. F is the father of C. G is the son of F. D is the brother of F. What is the relationship between C and D?
9. A moves 25km North and then finds that she is movin the wrong way. She then takes a right turn and moves 2km. Then again she takes a right turn and moves 25km. How much distance does she have to travel to now reach the starting point?
10. Some cats are good. Some cats are black. conclusions to be chosen from the given multiple choices.
11. Gold is 19 times heavier than water. Copper is 9 times heavier than water. In what ratio should they be mixed so that the alloy is 15 times heavier than water?
12. A sphere of radius r is placed inside a cylinder of height 2r which just fits. What is the Volume of the empty space?
13. A is 3 times as old as B. B is 4 years older than C. If C is Z years old express A in terms of Z.
14. A is punctual. All punctual are on time.
15. Conclusion to be chosen from the given multiple choises. a_ _ _baccba_ _ _aa
16. Srikanth has borrowed Rs 3000 at 10% C.I.. He has to repay that after 3 years in 3 equal installments. How much does he have to pay as an installment?
17. Given a date and day, the question was to calculate the day of the date June 12, 1979.
18. The weight of a Bucket full of water is 17 kg, the weight of the same bucket with half full water is 13.5 kg. What is the weight of the Bucket?
19. In a party attended by boys and girls where the girls outnumbered the boys Rs 280 was distributed. Each boy was given Rs 10 and each girl Rs 20. How many boys are there?
20. 10% of an army died. 10% of the were ill. 12% of the rest met with an accident. What is the total number of the original army if 7 lakhs were finally left?
21. A started a business with Rs 1700 amount. B joined A after 3 months , C joined after 6 months. If the profit is Rs 1700 and they shared it in the Ratio of 2:3:5 how much did B and C invest?
22. A beats B by 24m. A beats C by 20m. C beats B by 1 sec. In how many seconds does A complete the race of distance 120m.
23. VIJAY is coded as YLMDB. STOP is coded as VWRS. A few questions were given based on this code.
24. 9 3 6
2 ? 1
4 7 8
25. 20 15 10
15 10 5
10 ? 10
26. Which is larger Rs 35 : Rs 1.40 or Rs 48 : Rs 1.44
27. A travels between two places while going with 4 km/hr and while returning at 16 km/hr. What is his average speed.
28. In a group of people 600 are Non-veg and 400 are Veg. Of these 150 are both Non-Veg and Veg. In the Non-Veg 300 eat Mutton and 400 eat Chicken.(i) Find the number of people who eat only Non-Veg Mutton.(ii) Who eat only Veg.
29. In a wall clock the smaller needle is between 8 and 9 and the larger makes a right angle with it. Find the exact time.
30. If the temperature increases uniformly from 9 am to 2 pm and it increases from 21 C to 36 C. What is the temperature at noon?
31. Place a word in the brackets such that it makes a meaningful suffix to the first part and a meaningful prefix to the second part.
TEM (_ _ _ _) ERS
32. A monkey climbs 3m of a greased pole in 1 minute and then slips 1m in the next. When will he reach the top of the pole of 12 m?
33. The Alphabet that is 3 from the right to the letter between K and S.
34. Length and Breadth of a Rectangle are 100 m and 6 m. Find the area of a road around the rectangle with a width of 5m.
35. Find the figure with the highest Area
i)Circle with r=2.
ii)Equilateral Triangle with Side = 4.
iii)Square of diagonal =2.
iv)Triangle with a=8, b=5 and c=4.
36. A boat moves 10 km upstream and returns to the same point in 45minutes. The speed of the stream is 3km/hr. The speed of the boat is ?
37. Given an Equilateral triangle of side 10m. A cow is tied to one end. The length of the rope is 7 m. The area covered by the cow is ?
38. A is 7th from the left, B is 9th from the right, if they exchange A is 11th from the left. The total number of persons is?
39. A person moves 5 km East, turns right moves 4 km and then turns right again and moves 5 km. What is the position of the person from the starting point?
40. If PLEASE is coded as RMIGKI, then SLEEP is coded as ______
41. If TRUCK = 25 and DERIVE = 36 , What is CAPTAIN ?
42. A rectangular field of length 30 m and breadth 18 m. A carpet of 20 cm width is to be used to cover the field. The carpet costs 0.50ps per metre. What is the total cost of carpeting?
43. A person travels 20km towards North, he takes left and travels for 15km, then he takes left and travels for 20km. In what direction is the travelling now?
44. A train goes from A to B at 50 km/hr and comes back at 40 km/hr and hence takes an hour more time to return. What is the distance between A and B?

Logical:30questions
Math:30questions
Mark/correct question:+1
Mark/wrong question:-0.5
Logical

1. What is implied in the following sentence, During war the two countries formed allied.
I) There was war
II) the two countries are companions
a) I only b) II only c) I & II both d) neither I or II

2. What is the conclusion from the following sentence
A group of people are rich
A group of people are educated
I) Rich are educated
II) A group of people are neither rich or educated
a) I only b) II only c) both I & II d) none of these

3. What is implied from the following .All fathers are sons. No father is educated
I) All sons are educated
II) All fathers are uneducated
a) I only b) II only c) I & II both d) neither I or II

4. All Donkey are Elephant .All Elephants are Cat
a) All Cats are elephant
b) All Elephants are donkey
c) All cats are Donkey
d) All Donkeys are cat
i) only a ii) only b & c iii) all the above iv) a ,b&c ( i'm not sure of the answer & option)

5. 4 set of words are given out of which one is odd man ,find it?
a) sigh b) cough c) talk d) sniff
ans:c

6 Two question in which 4 option of jumble words are given find the odd man out
a) llatfoob b) rictek c) llasm d) nisnet
(Except one all are representing games football,cricket & tennis)
ans)c.

7. ( don't remember)

8. ABCD are on the 4 corner of the square each has to pass the sides of a square once
they move in clockwise direction which one is true
ans... B is south-east of D

9. On seeing a portray a person says "he is the son of my father ,my father has only one daughter"
How many children does the person's father have
ans) cann't be determined

10. Average of three numbers A,B,C is 17 when A is replaced by D the average increases by 2
what is the value of D?
a)16 b)18 c)12 d) none of these
ans) d.

11. Mr.Mukherjee has two sons Ashok ,Sham.Mr & Mrs sharma have 2 children Rekha & Anand
If Rekha is married to sham & they have 2 children priya & Kamal then how is anand related to
priya
a)uncle b)maternal uncle c)brother d) none of these

12. Question from the same passage
Two cubes are kept together that it has two faces and 6 sides they are brushed with red paint
then it was cut into 25 pieces

13. How many side of the cube will have at least 2 side painted

14. How many side would not have only one side painted

15. If two days from tomorrow is Thursday then what will be 2 days before yesterday
a) Friday b) Saturday c) Sunday d) none of these

16. What is the day on 1978 Jan 12
a) Monday b) Tuesday c) Friday d) Wednesday

17.Find the number in the space
4 3 8
9 ? 1
2 7 6
a)4 b)5 c)2 d) none of these
In the below question the Facts are not Exactly the same but it's the same type a&b play hockey
and football .d&c play football & tennis . b&c play Cricket & tennis c&a play hockey and tennis.
based on these 2 question like

18 Who play all the four games

19. Who play hockey ,tennis and football (i am not sure with the question)
Here if a is true then answer is c.
if both a&b are true then answer is b.
if b is true then answer is d.
if both are wrong then answer is a.

20,21 & 22 are like this type

20. If the flight starts at Hong Kong at 1 am local time it reach London 7pm find the travel time?
a) it takes 7 hours to reach from Hong Kong to London
b) in Hong Kong it is 7am local time
(i am not sure with timing and the question exactly same)

23. If Kamal is coded as IVSVT then what is VIMAL

24. Series question like 1,5,11,......... (not sure)

25 _11_11_01_01_01
a)00000 b)01110 c)10001 d)11111 like this type of question

26 like the above type another question with alphabets

27) 28) 29) 30)
Math
1. An unbiased coin is tossed 8 times what is the probability of getting at least 6 heads.
2. There are 6red ,4 white,3black balls what is the probability of drawing 2 red balls.
ans:6c2/13c2.(calculate)
3. There are two pipes p,q which can empty a container at 24hr,32hr respectively.both the pipes are
opened simultaneously after what time should the first pipe be closed so that the container is
emptied in 16minutes.
4. A lady bought 7pineapples and 5 oranges for 38rupees.what is the cost of each pineapple.
ans:Rs.4
5. x+y=40,(1/x)+(1/y)=60.what is the value of x,y
6. n+m+p=0,n is positive,m>n.what is the value of p?
a)p<0 b)p>0 c) d)
ans<0 (not exactely the same.a model)
Total number of students appeared for the test 500
2 passed in maths
6 passed in english
48 passed in social science
4 failed in english
120 failed in maths
7. No of people failed totally
8.No of people attended the test

The selection took place in three rounds each of which was an elimination round.
1)Written Test
2)Group Discussion
3)Personal Interviews
Each section contained 30 questions.The cut-off was 12 marks in each section which was clearly announced before the exam started.1 Mark was awarded for each correct answer.1/4 Mark was deducted for each wrong answe
The questions given below were all that could be reproduced from all the 3 sets together.
1. Average of 5 innings is 20. If four innings are 32, 10, 40 and 12 find the 5th inning score.
2. Area of path around a square is 256 sq.m. Find the width of path if the side of square is 30m.
3. A company increases the bonus 3 times of its 50 employees. What is the % increase in bonus?
4. A man swims in a river 5 min upstream and 5 min downstream. Starting at A and ending at B. What is the speed of the man?
5. NESTIN is a jumbled word. What are the first and last letters of the correct word.
6. There is enough material to fence 30m linear. Also there is old fence on oneside of the plot. Find the length and breadth of the plot.
7. In a game of Snooker A gives B 18 points for 90, A gives C 10 points for 60. How many can C give B in a game of 70?
8. C is the daughter of B. h is the brother of C. F is the father of C. G is the son of F. D is the brother of F. What is the relationship between C and D?
9. A moves 25km North and then finds that she is movin the wrong way. She then takes a right turn and moves 2km. Then again she takes a right turn and moves 25km. How much distance does she have to travel to now reach the starting point?
10. Some cats are good. Some cats are black.
11. Gold is 19 times heavier than water. Copper is 9 times heavier than water. In what ratio should they be mixed so that the alloy is 15 times heavier than water?
12. A sphere of radius r is placed inside a cylinder of height 2r which just fits. What is the Volume of the empty space?
13. A is 3 times as old as B. B is 4 years older than C. If C is Z years old express A in terms of Z.
14. A is punctual. All punctual are on time.
Conclusion to be chosen from the given multiple choises.
15. a_ _ _baccba_ _ _aa
16. Srikanth has borrowed Rs 3000 at 10% C.I.. He has to repay that after 3 years in 3 equal installments. How much does he have to pay as an installment?
17. Given a date and day, the question was to calculate the day of the date June 12, 1979.
18. The weight of a Bucket full of water is 17 kg, the weight of the same bucket with half full water is 13.5 kg. What is the weight of the Bucket?
19. In a party attended by boys and girls where the girls outnumbered the boys Rs 280 was distributed. Each boy was given Rs 10 and each girl Rs 20. How many boys are there?
20. 10% of an army died. 10% of the were ill. 12% of the rest met with an accident. What is the total number of the original army if 7 lakhs were finally left?
21. A started a business with Rs 1700 amount. B joined A after 3 months , C joined after 6 months. If the profit is Rs 1700 and they shared it in the Ratio of 2:3:5 how much did B and C invest?
22. A beats B by 24m. A beats C by 20m. C beats B by 1 sec. In how many seconds does A complete the race of distance 120m.
23. VIJAY is coded as YLMDB. STOP is coded as VWRS.
A few questions were given based on this code.
24. 9 3 6
2 ? 1
4 7 8
25. 20 15 10
15 10 5
10 ? 10
26. Which is larger Rs 35 : Rs 1.40 or Rs 48 : Rs 1.44
27. A started a business with Rs 1700 amount. B joined A after 3 months , C joined after 6 months. If the profit is Rs 1700 and they shared it in the Ratio of 2:3:5 how much did B and C invest?
28. In a group of people 600 are Non-veg and 400 are Veg. Of these 150 are both Non-Veg and Veg. In the Non-Veg 300 eat Mutton and 400 eat Chicken.(i) Find the number of people who eat only Non-Veg Mutton.(ii) Who eat only Veg.
29. In a wall clock the smaller needle is between 8 and 9 and the larger makes a right angle with it. Find the exact time.
30. If the temperature increases uniformly from 9 am to 2 pm and it increases from 21 C to 36 C. What is the temperature at noon?
31. Place a word in the brackets such that it makes a meaningful suffix to the first part and a meaningful prefix to the second part.
TEM (_ _ _ _) ERS
32. A monkey climbs 3m of a greased pole in 1 minute and then slips 1m in the next. When will he reach the top of the pole of 12 m?
33. The Alphabet that is 3 from the right to the letter between K and S.
34. Length and Breadth of a Rectangle are 100 m and 6 m. Find the area of a road around the rectangle with a width of 5m.
35. Find the figure with the highest Area
i)Circle with r=2.
ii)Equilateral Triangle with Side = 4.
iii)Square of diagonal =2.
iv)Triangle with a=8, b=5 and c=4.
36. A boat moves 10 km upstream and returns to the same point in 45minutes. The speed of the stream is 3km/hr. The speed of the boat is ?
37. Given an Equilateral triangle of side 10m. A cow is tied to one end. The length of the rope is 7 m. The area covered by the cow is ?
38. A is 7th from the left, B is 9th from the right, if they exchange A is 11th from the left. The total number of persons is?
39. A person moves 5 km East, turns right moves 4 km and then turns right again and moves 5 km. What is the position of the person from the starting point?
40. If PLEASE is coded as RMIGKI, then SLEEP is coded as ______
41. If TRUCK = 25 and DERIVE = 36 , What is CAPTAIN ?
42. A rectangular field of length 30 m and breadth 18 m. A carpet of 20 cm width is to be used to cover the field. The carpet costs 0.50ps per metre. What is the total cost of carpeting?
43. A person travels 20km towards North, he takes left and travels for 15km, then he takes left and travels for 20km. In what direction is the travelling now?
44. A train goes from A to B at 50 km/hr and comes back at 40 km/hr and hence takes an hour more time to return. What is the distance between A and B?
Q45)D/23, 17/F, I/12, 8/M, R/

Quantitative Questions
1. Which is greater (1000)pow1001 and 1001pow999
2. One container contains milk and water in the ratio 3:7 and the other contains 8:11,in what ratio these two containers is to be mixed so that the ratio of milk and water is 4:5.
3. There are two simple problems on time and work
4. Four points will be given and you have to frame two st. line eq.s in such a way that their point of interesection lies in one of the four options
5. There are two to three problems on profit and loss which are little bit time taking ,so i didn't attempt.
a series of nos will be given where the ans can be found by observing the diff bet two consecutive nos
Logical Reasoning
6. air is cloud cloud is rain rain is water wateris sand so what is cloud? ans :sand
7. one quesion on relations
8. trafic: signal ans : river :dam
9. dsoighkl now if lk-(?)-sd , find letter in 4th place
10. some mammals are donkeys allbuffalos will have horns based on this 3 quesions r ther
11. cube is of size 5*5*5 .every side has been coloured. it is divided into 125 equal parts.
1) what is the no. of parts having only one side coloured - 54.
2) no. of parts having two sided coloured 36.
3) having no side coloured - 27
12. find the no. of occurrence of T which is immediately preceded y P and not immediately followed by S in some series for eg. (TPTSTRUST.......) ans - 3
13. .Four persons are there wearing different coloured shirts eg. A,B,C,D wearing blue ,green, red, yellowNow,
1. A cannot wear yellow.
2. B can wear blue or green.
3. C /D is wearing yellow.
You have to find who is wearing which coloured shirt
14. Find the root of 4a2+b2+c2+4ab-2bc-4ac Ans: 2a+b-c
15. Two pipes can fill a tank in 5 hrs and 8 hrs. while a hole can empty it in 40 hrs. What will be the time taken to fill if each operate at a time.Soln: 1\x == 1\5 + 1\8 - 1\40
16. A can beat B by 20 mts. While C can beat B by 40 mts. In a race of 100 mts. By how much can C beat A? Soln: 75 mts.
17. If u start your journey 30 minutes late , u have to increase your speed by250kms\hr. to cover up 1500 kms. In same time. What is your usual speed? Ans: 750kms\hr.
18. For a circle, radius is inc. by some % , find net change in area?
19. How is impedance matching done and why do we need it (basically can talk about ideal power supply needing a low internal resistance and high load to function properly. so one stage of transistor amplifier has to have low o/p resistance and high i/p resistance for next stage- do look up all basic electronics) ( also about sinking high currents without damage)
20. what is a smith chart used for
21. Name all flipflops u know and working esp. master slave.
22. progaming - program to find how many 1's are present in an integer variable using bitwise operators. something about dynamic allocation, static functions, macros
23. c++ virtual functions
24. what is an inode in unix?
25. small program in pascal to add a node to a linked list. (You have to tell what the program does)
26. C strcmp program (You have to tell what the program does)
27. Set of dos commands testing basic familiarity with dir, ren *.t?t, cd etc.
28. What is the order of binary search?
29. what is the order of strassens matrix multiplication?
30. you have to maintain the sorted order of integers and insert ntegers . which data structure would you use? (tree, list, queue,array?)
31. There are two lists of integers to be merged. Which method would you not use?
32. n an online database system when is data written to disk? (onpressing enter, when commit or update is encountered, at end of data,all of the above)
33. Small prolog function which prints 2345true. You need to tell output.
34. Lisp program given. what does it do? (GCD, LCM, Multiplies mxn?)
35. What is paging?
36. what is segmentation?

LG

Instructions:
1. Please ignore any case-sensitive errors and un-included libraries.
2. You may use the back of this question paper for any rough work.
1. main()
{
int i;
printf("%d", &i)+1;
scanf("%d", i)-1;
}

a. Runtime error.
b. Runtime error. Access violation.
c. Compile error. Illegal syntax
d. None of the above

2. main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
(main && argc) ? main(argc-1, NULL) : return 0;
}

a. Runtime error.
b. Compile error. Illegal syntax
c. Gets into Infinite loop
d. None of the above
3. main()
{
int i;
float *pf;
pf = (float *)&i;
*pf = 100.00;
printf("%d", i);
}

a. Runtime error.
b. 100
c. Some Integer not 100
d. None of the above
4. main()
{
int i = 0xff;
printf("%d", i<<2);
}

a. 4
b. 512
c. 1020
d. 1024
5. #define SQR(x) x * x
main()
{
printf("%d", 225/SQR(15));
}

a. 1
b. 225
c. 15
d. none of the above
6. union u
{
struct st
{
int i : 4;
int j : 4;
int k : 4;
int l;
}st;
int i;
}u;

main()
{
u.i = 100;
printf("%d, %d, %d",u.i, u.st.i, u.st.l);
}

a. 4, 4, 0
b. 0, 0, 0
c. 100, 4, 0
d. 40, 4, 0
7. union u
{
union u
{
int i;
int j;
}a[10];
int b[10];
}u;

main()
{
printf("%d", sizeof(u));
printf("%d", sizeof(u.a));
printf("%d", sizeof(u.a[0].i));
}
a. 4, 4, 0
b. 0, 0, 0
c. 100, 4, 0
d. 40, 4, 0
8. main()
{
int (*functable[2])(char *format, ...) ={printf, scanf};
int i = 100;

(*functable[0])("%d", i);
(*functable[1])("%d", i);
(*functable[1])("%d", i);
(*functable[0])("%d", &i);
}

a. 100, Runtime error.
b. 100, Random number, Random number, Random number.
c. Compile error
d. 100, Random number
9. main()
{
int i, j, *p;
i = 25;
j = 100;
p = &i; /* Address of i is assigned to pointer p */
printf("%f", i/(*p)); /* i is divided by pointer p */
}

a. Runtime error.
b. 1.00000
c. Compile error
d. 0.00000
10. main()
{
int i, j;
scanf("%d %d"+scanf("%d %d", &i, &j));
printf("%d %d", i, j);
}

a. Runtime error.
b. 0, 0
c. Compile error
d. the first two values entered by the user
11. main()
{
char *p = "hello world";
p[0] = 'H';
printf("%s", p);
}

a. Runtime error.
b. “Hello world” c. Compile error
d. “hello world”
12. main()
{

Here is the attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Infosys-Sample-Solved-paper.zip (193.5 KB, 23 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in