2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th July 2014, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: INFOSYS previous year placementnquestion papers

As you want to get the INFOSYS previous year placementnquestion papers so here it is for you:

1) APTITUDE TEST:
Questions = 70; time limit = 75 minutes. Sectional cut-off in each section it’s around 60% in Logical Reasoning part and 50% in Verbal Ability. No negative marking Offline (paper & pen) test

Analytical & Logical reasoning 30 questions: 40 minutes)
English section: (40 questions: 35 minutes)

1. There are 6561 balls out of them 1 is heavy. Find the min. no. of times the balls have to be weighed for finding out the heavy ball.
Ans. 8

2. If I walk with 30 miles/hr i reach 1 hour before and if i walk with 20 miles/hr i reach 1 hour late. Find the distance between 2 points and the exact time of reaching destination is 11 am then find the speed with which it walks.
Ans. 120miles and 24 miles/hr

3. When you reverse the digits of age of father u will get the age of son. One year ago the age of father was twice that of son's age. What are the current ages of father and son?
Ans: 73 & 37
4. In a class there are less than 500 students. When it is divided by 3 it gives a whole number. Similarly when it is divided by 4, 5 or 7 gives a whole number. Find the no. of students in the class

Ans: 420

5. A coffee seller has two types of coffee Brand A costing 5 bits per pound and Brand B costing 3 bits per pound. He mixes two brands to get a 40 pound mixture. He sold this at 6 bits per pound. The seller gets a profit of 33 1/2 percent. How much he has used Brand A in the mixture?

Ans: 30 pounds

6) Which figure completes the series?

Ans: A

7) Which figure completes the series?

Ans: C

8) Which figure completes the series?

9) Which figure completes the series?

Ans: D

10) Which figure completes the series?

Ans: B

Directions 11-15: In each question below are given three Statements followed by three Conclusions numbered I, II and III. You have to take the given Statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read all the conclusions and then decide which of the given Conclusions logically follows from the given Statements disregarding commonly known facts.

11. Statements:

Some cycles are busses. All cars are buses. Some buses are trains. Conclusions:

I. All cares are cycles.

II. Some trains are buses.

III. Some trains are cars.

(1) None follows (2) Only I and II follow (3) Only land III follow (4) Only II and III follow
(5) None of these

Ans: 4

12. Statements: All pencils are sticks. Some sticks are notes. All diaries are notes. Conclusions:
I. Some notes are diaries.

II. Some sticks are pencils.

III. Some diaries are sticks.

(1) All follow

(2) Only I follow

(3) Only I and II follow

(4) Only II follows

(5) None of these

Ans: 5

13. Statements: Some buds are leaves. No leaf is fruit. Some fruits are buds.
Conclusions:

I. Some fruits are leaves.

II. All buds are fruits.

III. Some leaves are buds.

(1) Only I or II follows

(2) Only III follows

(3) Only II follows

(4) None follows

(5) None of these

Ans: 2

14. Statements: Some birds are animals. All animals are rivers. Some rivers are lions. Conclusions:

I. Some lions are animals

II. Some rivers are birds

III. No animal is lion

(1) Only II follows

(2) Only either I or III follows

(3) I and II follows

(4) Only either II or III follow

(5) None of these

Ans: 3

15. Statements: All boxes are pans Some boxes are jugs .Some jugs are glasses.Conclusions:

I. Some glasses are boxes

II. No glass is box

III. Some jugs are pans

IV. No jug is pan

(1) Only I and II follows (2) Either I or II and III follows (3) Only III follows (4) Either I or II , and either III or IV follow (5) None of these

Directions 16-20 Use the following answer choices for the questions below.
A. Statement 1 alone is sufficient but statement 2 alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
B. Statement 2 alone is sufficient but statement 1 alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
C. Both statements 1 and 2 together are sufficient to answer the question but neither statement is sufficient alone.
D. Each statement alone is sufficient to answer the question.
E. Statements 1 and 2 are not sufficient to answer the question asked and additional data is needed to answer the statements.
16) If the average size of 3 accounts is $1 million, is the smallest account less than $500,000?
1. The largest account is $1.3 million.
2. One of the accounts is $0.7 million.

17) Is the product of x and y greater than 60?
1. The sum of x and y is greater than 60.
2. Each of the variables is greater than 2.

18) What is the value of y?
1. y - 3 = 2
2. y2 = 25

19) What was the percent increase of Company A's stock between June 1 and June 30, 2000?
1. The stock gained $5 in value during June 2000.
2. The stock rose 12% during the first half of the month.
Ans: E

20) Which company reported the larger dollar increase in earnings?
1. Company A reported that its earnings increased by 5%.
2. Company B reported that its earnings increased by 7%.

21. Ramesh starting from a fixed point goes 15 km towards North and then after turning to his right he goes 15 km. then he goes 10, 15 and 15 metres after turning to his left each time. How far is he from his starting point?

(A) 5 metres

(B) 10 metres

(C) 20 metres

(D) 15 metres

(E) Can not be determined

Ans: (B)

22. Sonalika goes 12 km towards North from a fixed point and then she goes 8 km towards South from there. In the end she goes 3 km towards east. How far and in what direction is she from her starting point?

(A) 7 km East

(B) 5 km West(C) 7 km West

(D) 5 km North-East

(E) None of these

Ans: (D)

23. Sunita goes 30 km towards North from a fixed point, then after turning to her right she goes 15 km. After this she goes 30 km after turning to her right. How far and in what direction is she from her starting point?

(A) 45 km, East

(B) 15 km, East

(C) 45 km, West

(D) 45 Km, North

(E) None of these

24. Kanchan goes 5 m towards east from a fixed point N and then 35 km after turning to her left. Again she goes 10 metres after turning to her right. After this she goes 35 m after turning to her right. How far is she from N?

(A) 40 m

(B) At N(C) 10 m

(D) 15 m

(E) None of these

Ans: (D)

25. Shri Prakash walked 40 metres facing towards North. From there he walked 50 metres after turning to his left. After this he walked 40 metres after turning to his left. How far and in what direction is he now from his starting point?

(A) 40 m, North

(B) 50 m, West

(C) 10 m, East

(D) 10 m, West

(E) None of these

I. Directions (Question 26 to 30): Read the following information carefully and answer the questions given it.

There are six persons A B C D E and F in a school. Each of the teachers teaches two subjects, one compulsory subject and the other optional subject. D's optional subject was History while there others have it as compulsory subject. E and F have Physics as one of their subjects. F's compulsory subject is Mathematics which is an optional subject of both C and E. History and English are A's subjects but in terms of compulsory and optional subjects, they are just reverse of those of D's. Chemistry is an optional subject of only one of them. The only female teacher in the school has English as her compulsory subject.

26. What is C's compulsory subject?

A) History B) Physics C) Chemistry D) English E) Mathematics

27. Who is a female member in the group?

A) A B) B C) C D) D E) E

28. Which of the following has some compulsory and optional subjects as those of F's ?

A) D B) B C) A D) C E) None of these

29. Disregarding which is the compulsory and which is the optional subject, who has the same two subject combination as F?

A) A B) B C) E D) D E) None of these

30. Which of the following groups has History as the compulsory subject?

A) A,C,D B) B,C,D C) C,D D) A,B,C E) A,D

Verbal Ability Test (40 Questions in 35 minutes)

Directions for Questions 1-5: Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.

It all started at the beginning of fifth grade. At first, Carmen wasn’t really sure what was happening. In class, she had to squint to see the blackboard clearly. She had to do the same thing when she read street signs, or when she watched a movie. As the fuzziness got worse, she became more and more worried. It was important for her to see the notes and homework assignments the teacher put on the board.

It wasn’t long before Carmen found herself squinting all the time, but she didn’t want anyone to know that she was having a problem seeing. In class, she asked for a desk that was closer to the blackboard. One day, her teacher said, "Carmen, are you all right? I’ve noticed you squinting a lot. Are you having trouble seeing the board?"

Carmen shook her head. "I’m fine, Mrs. Cruz," she said, but she knew she couldn’t pretend much longer.

At home, she had to sit closer and closer to the television in order to see the picture. Her mother noticed her squinting as she watched her favorite shows, and she began to get suspicious.

"Tomorrow I’m calling the eye doctor to set up an appointment for you," she said firmly. Carmen protested, but her mother’s mind was made up.

Three days later, Carmen had new glasses and instructions from her doctor to wear them all the time. Carmen frowned in the car the whole way home. "All of the kids at school will think I’m a nerd," she said. Her mother smiled and shook her head. "You look just as beautiful with those glasses on as you do without them," she said. But Carmen didn’t believe her. The next day, Carmen kept the glasses in her pocket as she walked into the schoolyard. She avoided her friends and stood alone, feeling miserable. Suddenly, she heard her friend Theresa shout. Carmen ran over to the other girls. "What’s wrong?" she asked. "My silver ring is gone!" Theresa cried. "My sister sent it to me from California. It’s very special and I can’t lose it!"
Carmen could tell that Theresa was very upset. They all looked for the ring in the grassy area of the playground.

Carmen realized that she could search better if she could see better. She took the glasses out of her pocket and put them on. The objects and people around her came into sharp focus. She caught her breath. Everything looked so different! So clear! She looked down at the ground and a glimmer of silver caught her eye. It was the ring. "Here it is," she shouted. "I’ve found it!" She handed it to Theresa, and Theresa slipped the ring back on her finger.

"Thanks Carmen," she said. "I never thought we'd find it." She paused. "Hey, I didn’t know you wore glasses. They look great!" Carmen had forgotten that she was wearing the new glasses. "Thanks," she replied shyly. As they walked back toward the school building, two more girls from her class complimented her glasses. Carmen smiled. "Maybe wearing glasses won’t be so bad after all," she thought.

1. BEFORE Carmen got glasses she
A. Thought having glasses wouldn’t be so bad.
B. Wasn’t able to see the blackboard clearly.
C. Found Theresa’s missing ring.
D. sat far away from the television

2. Based on the end of the story, what do you think Carmen will do next?
A. She won’t tell her friends that she needs to wear glasses.
B. She will keep her glasses in her pocket where no one can see them.
C. She will wear her glasses all the time.
D. She will wear her glasses only when she is with her family.

3. Read this sentence from the story 'Her mother noticed her squinting as she watched her favorite shows, and she began to get suspicious'.

What is an antonym for the word suspicious?
A. doubtful
B. guilty
C. innocent
D. trusting

4. Which statement BEST describes Carmen?

A. She is willing to overcome her fears in order to help her friends.
B. She doesn’t care how well she does in school.
C. She cares more about herself than her friends.
D. She doesn’t worry about what other people think of her.

5. Read this sentence from the story. 'In class, she had to squint to see the blackboard clearly'.

What does squint mean?

A. to look with eyes partly closed
B. to move closer
C. to try hard
D. to concentrate

Directions for Questions 6-10: Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.

Primitive man was probably more concerned with fire as a source of warmth and as a means of cooking food than as a source of light. Before he discovered less laborious ways of making fire, he had to preserve it, and whenever he went on a journey he carried a firebrand with him. His discovery that the firebrand, from which the torch may very well have developed, could be used for illumination was probably incidental to the primary purpose of preserving a flame.

Lamps, too, probably developed by accident. Early man may have had his first conception of a lamp while watching a twig or fibre burning in the molten fat dropped from a roasting carcass. All he had to do was to fashion a vessel to contain fat and float a lighted reed in it. Such lamps, which are made of hollowed stones or sea shells, have persisted in identical from up to quite recent times.

6. Primitive man's most important use for five was

A) To provide warmth B) to cook food C) to provide light D) Both A and B.

7. The firebrand was used to

A) Prevent accidents B) provide light C) scare animals D) save labour

8. By 'primary' the author means

A) Primitive B) fundamental C) elemental D) essential

9. Lamps probably developed through mere

A) Hazard B) fate C) chance D) planning

10. Early lamps were made by

A) Using a reed as a wick in the fat B) letting a reed soak the fat

C) putting the fat in a shell and lighting it D) floating a reed in the sea-shell

Directions11-18: Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete.

11. These essays are intellectually ............... and represent various levels of complexity

A) Revealing B) Modern C) persistent D) demanding E) persistent

12. It was almost impossible for him to put out of his mind the ............... words which he heard from his clever father-in-law

A) Inspiring B) witty C) sarcastic D) soothing E) exhortative

13Integrity of character, honesty, dependability and discipline............... with a genuine interest in your work will go a long way in the achievement of success in your professional life.

A) Coupled B) adjoined C) fixed D) attached E) joined

14. The soldiers were instructed to.........................restraint and handle the situation peacefully.

A) Exercise B) control C) prevent D) enforce E) remain

15. Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar was one of the chief............... of women's rights

A) Promoters B) facilitators C) instigators D) organizers E) protagonists

Ans; E

16. Her parents will never give their .........to such an unsuitable match.

A. willingness B. agreement C. consent d. acquiescence

17. He is ......... dancer

A. a skilled B. an adept C. an adapt d. an adopt

18. The degrees were awarded in the annual.........................

A. conference B. convention C. Convolution D. convocation

Direction Questions 19-26 in each question below is given a passage followed by several inferences. You have to examine each inference separately in the context of the passage and decide upon its degree of truth or falsity.

Mark your answer as:

A. if the inference is ' definitely true' i.e., it directly follows from the facts given in the passage

B. if the inference is ' probably true' though not definitely true in the light of the facts given

C. if you think the data are in adequate i.e., from the facts given you cannot say whether the inference is likely to be true or false

D. if you think the inference is ' probably false' though not definitely false in the light of the facts given; and

E. if you think inference is ' definitely false' i.e, it contradicts the given facts.

Passage I

A recent survey shows that India has the lowest death rate for blood cancer. China, Thailand and Myanmar (countries that have taste for spices) also have low rates. Higher rates are found in .S.A where spices are not used. The typical American food remains chicken rolls, butter and beef.

19. Americans are unorthodox in their food habits.

20. Americans dislike spices

21. Spices prevent blood cancer

22. Spices promote forms of cancer other than blood cancer

23. Chicken rolls, butter and beef promote cancer.

Passage II

The water resources of our country are very much underutilized . The main reason of this underutilization is the lack of capital and technology. A large portion of our water resources is wasted due to floods and unwise use of water for irrigation as well as domestic purposes. we can make full use of our water resources by building dams on rivers and by adopting policy of awareness among people not to waste water.

24. Occurrence of floods adds to the water resources.

25. Some people do not use water resources in a judicious way.

26. The country does not have enough funds to develop water resources

Direction 27-32: In each of the following questions, find out which part of the sentence has an error. If there is no mistake the answer is 'no error'

27. My father is / in bad mood / today. / No error

A B C D

34. Both the civilians/ and armymen / joined the First World War / today. / No error

A B C D

28. The school is / with in hundred yards / from my house / no error

A B C D

29. As soon as the teacher entered / everyone fell /in a silence / no error

A B C

30. He took to / reading Times / for better knowledge / of the facts./ no error

A B C D E

31. I will put on / a note in this regard / for your consideration / and necessary decision./ no error

A B C D E

32. He has been working on /the problem from a long time /but is still not / able to solve it./ no error

A B C D E

Directions 33-40: In each question, a part of sentence is printed in italics. Below each sentence, some phrases are given which can substitute the italicized part of the sentence. If the sentence is correct as it is, the answer is 'No correction required'

33. He did many mischiefs

A. made many a mischiefs B. made much mischief

C. Committed many mischiefs D. No Correction required

34. Rohit is as fast as or perhaps faster than Manish.

A. Equally fast B. almost as fast C. as fast D. No Correction required

35. All his family members are in Kanpur.

A. All of his family members

B. All the family members if his

C. All the members of his family

D. No Correction required

36. I often see him dancing the top

A. rotating

B. encircling

C. dodging

D. No Correction required

37. What is the time in your watch?

A. on B. by C. from D. No Correction required

38. Columbus invented America

A. searched B. traced C. discovered D. No Correction required

39. Wise men catch time by the forelock.

A. Hold B. seize C. take D. No Correction required

40. A bird in hand is worth two in bush

A. two in the bush b. two at a bush c. two on bush D. No Correction required

Tags
previous papers

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in