2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th September 2014, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Infosys Placement Aptitude Questions

Here is the list of few Aptitude Questions of Infosys Placement exam which you are looking for .
1.There is a escalator and 2 persons move down it.A takes 50 steps and B takes 75 steps while the escalator is moving down. Given that the time taken by A to take 1 step is equal to time taken by B to take 3 steps. Find the no. of steps in the escalator while it is staionary.

If A takes 1 step in one second, then B takes 3 steps in one second. If A takes t1 seconds to take 50 steps, then B takes 150 steps in t1 seconds.For B, to take 150 steps he requires t1 seconds,
then to take 75 steps he requires t1/2 seconds.
So now, s1=50, t1 = t1 & s2=75, t2=t1/2

Ans= (s1*t2 ~ s2*t1) / (t1 ~ t2) which gives 100.
so 100 steps is the answer

2. If 5/2 artists make 5/2 paintings using 5/2 canvases in 5/2 days then how many artists r required to make 25 paintings using 25 canvases in 25 days?

3. If the digits of my present age are reversed then i get the age of my son.If 1 year ago my age was twice as that of my son.Find my present age.
Ans. father-73, son-37

4. There are 6561 balls out of them 1 is heavy.Find the min. no. of times the balls have to be weighed for finding out the haevy ball.
Ans. 8

5. If i walk with 30 miles/hr i reach 1 hour before and if i walk with 20 miles/hr i reach 1 hour late.Find the distance between 2 points and the exact time of reaching destination is 11 am then find the speed with which it walks.
Ans. 120miles and 24 miles/hr

6. There r four face cards (J,Q,K,A) all of different types(diamond,club,spade,heart) and some conditions r given.find the order of cards
Ans. king -> jack -> queen -> ace heart diamond spade club

7. If A,B,C,D,E r 5 members of a family.4 of them give true statements :
1. E is my mother in law
2. C is my son in law's brother
3. B is my father's brother
4. A is my brother's wife

Who made the stmt. and what r the realtions among them
Ans. E

|
AB?C
|
D
denotes husband-wife ? denotes brothers

8. The product of 5 different temperatures is 12.If all of then r integers then find all the temperatures
Ans. -2,-1,1,2,3

9.There r 9 cities numbered 1 to 9.From how many cities the flight can start so as to reach the city 8 either directly or indirectly such the path formed is divisible
by 3.
e.g. 1368-Flights goes through 1-3-6-8.

10. If i do this puzzle i find it to be hard than the last puzzle that i did before that after that????..very complex stmt. Is that puzzle difficult, easy, can't say or depends on the no. of puzzles

11. Replace each letter by a digit. Each letter must be represented by the same digit and no beginning letter of a word can be 0.
O N E
O N E
O N E
O N E
???
T E N
???
Ans: 0 =1, N = 8 ,E = 2, T = 7.

12. Ann, Boobie, Cathy and Dave are at their monthly business meeting. Their occupations are author, biologist, chemist and doctor, but not necessarily in that order. Dave just told the biologist that Cathy was on her way with doughnuts. Ann is sitting across from the doctor and next to the chemist. The doctor was thinking that Boobie was a goofy name for parent's to choose,but didn't say anything. What is each person's occupation?

Ans: Since Dave spoke to the biologist and Ann sat next to the chemist and across the doctor, Cathy must be the author and Ann the biologist. The doctor didn't speak, but David did, so Bobbie is the doctor and Dave the chemist.

13. Sometime after 10:00 PM a murder took place. A witness claimed that the clock must have stopped at the time of the shooting. It was later found that the postion of both the hands were the same but their positions had interchanged. Tell the time of the shooting (both actual and claimed).
Ans: Time of shooting = 11:54 PM Claimed Time = 10:59 PM.

14. Next number in the series is 1 , 2 , 4 , 13 , 31 , 112 , ?
Ans: 224.

No number has digits than 4. All of them are 1 , 2, 4, 8 , 16 , 32 , 64 converted to numbers in base 5.

15. Shahrukh speaks truth only in the morning and lies in the afternoon, whereas Salman speaks truth only in the afternoon. A says that B is Shahrukh. Is it morning or afternoon and who is A - Shahrukh or Salman?
Ans: Afternoon.A is Salman.

16. Two trains starting at same time, one from Bangalore to Mysore and other in opposite direction arrive at their destination 1 hr and 4 hours respectively after passing each other. How nuch faster is one train from other?
Ans: Twice.

17. There are 6 volumes of books on a rack kept in order ( ie vol.1, vol. 2 and so on ). Give the position after the following changes were noticed. All books have been changed Vol.5 was directly to the right of Vol.2 Vol.4 has Vol.6 to its left and both weren't at Vol.3's place.Vol.1 has Vol.3 on right and Vol.5 on left. An even numbered volume is at Vol.5's place Find the order in which the books are kept now.
Ans: 2, 5,1,3,6,4.

18. I bought a car with a peculiar 5 digit numbered licence plate which on reversing could still be read. On reversing value is increased by 78633.Whats the original number if all digits were different?
Ans: Only 0 1 6 8 and 9 can be read upside down. So on rearranging these digits, we get the answer as 10968.

19. The shape in the sketch below is that of a square attached to half of a similar square. Divide it into four equal pieces.
Ans: Hint : The figure can be divided into 12 equal triangles.

20) There are two balls touching each other circumferencically. The radius of the big ball is 4 times the diameter of the small all. The outer small ball rotates in anticlockwise direction circumferencically over the bigger one at the rate of 16 rev/sec. The bigger wheel also rotates anticlockwise at N rev/sec. What is 'N' for the horizontal line from the centre of small wheel always is horizontal.

21)

1 2 3 4
+ 3 4 5 5
???-
4 6 8 9
- 2 3 4 5
???-
2 3 4 4
+ 1 2 5 4
????
3 6 9 8
????

Q) Strike off any digit from each number in seven rows (need not be at same place) and combine the same operations with 3 digit numbers to get the same addition. After this strike off another digit from all and add all the No.s to get the same 2 digit No. perform the same process again with 1 digit No.s. Give the ' no.s in 7 rows at each stage.

22) There is a safe with a 5 digit No. The 4th digit is 4 greater thansecond digit, while 3rd digit is 3 less than 2nd digit. The 1st digit is thrice the last digit. There are 3 pairs whose sum is 11. Find the number.
Ans: 65292.

23) there are 2 guards Bal and Pal walking on the side of a wall of a wearhouse(12m X 11m) in opposite directions. They meet at a point and Bal says to Pal "See you again in the other side". After a few moments of walking Bal decides to go back for a smoke but he changes his direction again to his previous one after 10 minutes of walking in the other(opposite) direction remembering that Pal will be waiting for to meet. If Bal and Pal walk 8 and 11 feet respectively, how much distance they would have travelled before meeting again.

24. 13 kigs and 6 libs can produce 510 tors in 10 hrs, 8 kigs and 14 libs can produce 484 tors in 12 hrs. Find the rate of production of tors for kigs and libs. Express the answer in tors/hr.

Tags
placement

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in