2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th June 2018, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indiana University Bloomington MS in Biotechnology

I completed graduation and planning to do Master of Science degree in Biotechnology from Indiana University Bloomington. Will you provide me admission and course requirements of Master of Science degree in Biotechnology from Indiana University Bloomington so I apply?
29th June 2018, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indiana University Bloomington MS in Biotechnology

The Master of Science degree in Biotechnology is designed in consultation with scientists at Indiana University and in the biotech industry to prepare students for careers in the life sciences.

About MS in Biotechnology

Admission Requirements

Undergraduate major in one of the sciences and course work in the program in which a degree is sought

A degree in a related field (e.g. chemistry, mathematics, biology) may suffice if appropriate courses were included in the students degree program. Students seeking admission may apply to the Biotechnology Degree Program online.

Course Requirements

A total of 30 credit hours are required including a common core program consisting of the following courses:

T500 (8 cr.), T501 (2 cr.), T502 (2. cr.), T508 (3 cr.), T515 (3 cr.), T540 (3 cr.), T521 (2 cr.), and T680 (1-3 cr.)

The remaining credit hours can be selected from an approved list of courses in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biology, Business, Chemistry, Law, Public and Environmental Affairs, Statistics, or Medical Sciences.

Students who have completed T415 or T440 (or equivalent) as undergraduates will not be required to take T515 or T540.

Instead, they will replace the credits with elective courses from the approved list, subject to the approval of the Director of Graduate Studies for Biotechnology

Matthew L. Bochman
Assistant Professor, Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry

Affiliate, Biology

bochman@indiana.edu
(812) 856-2095
Simon Hall 405B

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in