2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th May 2020, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Police Service Paper

Can you provide me previous year question paper for - General Studies Paper-I – for preparation of IPS (Indian Police Service) Exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)?
25th May 2020, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Police Service Paper

The previous year question paper for - General Studies Paper-I – for preparation of IPS (Indian Police Service) Exam conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) is as follows:

General Studies Paper-I

The UPSC is entrusted with the task to conduct the Civil Services Examination to recruit the IPS officers among others. The Civil Services Examination consists of three stages:

1. Preliminary Examination: it is a qualifying examination and is objective type.
2. Main Examination: it is a conventional written examination.
3. Interview

The first stage is the preliminary exam. This exam consists of 2 papers. Paper I is General Studies and Paper II is an Optional Subject. Subjects for the Paper II are: Statistics, Zoology, Public Administration, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Philosophy, Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Medical Science, Law, Mathematics, Geology, Indian History, Electrical Engineering, Geography, Commerce, Economics, Botany, Chemistry, Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Agriculture, Civil Engineering.

The main exam consists of the following papers:
• Paper I - One Indian language. Marks-300
• Paper II – English. Marks-300
• Paper III – Essay. Marks-200
• Paper IV&V - General Studies. Marks-300 each
• Paper VI-IX - Any two subjects (optional papers to be selected by the candidate). There are two papers. Marks-300 each

Interview
One who clears the mains is selected for the interview. After the interview there is a medical test for IPS.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf General Studies Paper-I.pdf (1.14 MB, 25 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in