2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th July 2018, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Police Service Minimum Height

Can you tell me about the minimum height required to apply for IPS (Indian Police Service) Exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) as I want to check if I am eligible for it or not?
10th July 2018, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Police Service Minimum Height

IPS (Indian Police Service) is one of the prestigious posts in India and the IPS exam is part of the UPSC Civil Services Exam which is conducted every year. The exam consists of three stages: i) Civil Services Preliminary Exam ii) Civil Services Mains Exam iii) Interview/ Personality Test

Physical and other Requirements

The candidates appearing for the personality test on clearing the civil services mains exam have to meet certain physical requirements to be eligible for IPS.

Height:
A minimum height of 165 cm for men and 150 cm for women
The minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for men and women respectively in the case of candidates belonging to ST and to races such as Gorkhas, Garhwalias, Assamese, Kumaonis, Nagaland Tribals, etc.

Chest:
The minimum chest girth fully expanded: 84 cm for men and 79 cm for women.
Expansion of 5 cm for both men and women

Eyesight:
A distant vision of 6/2 or 6/ 9 for worse eye and 6/6 or 6/9 vision for good eye
Near vision of J2 for worse eye and J1 for good eye

The physical standards are essential for IPS, which includes weekly run for 10kms in 60 minutes, rope climbing, horse riding, PT obstacles etc.

Ladies should not be pregnant at the time of the medical test.

Nasal:
candidate should not stammer while speaking

Other Eligibility

Nationality:
One must be a citizen of India.

Education:
One must have a degree from recognized university in any discipline.
One who is writing their final degree exam can also apply for this exam.
One with professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees

Age: the candidates must be at least 21 years of age at the time of filling the Civil Services (Preliminary).
Age limit:
General-The maximum age for a candidate is 32 years.
OBC- The maximum age for a candidate is 35 years.
SC/ST- The maximum age for a candidate is 37 years.
Physically handicapped- The maximum age for a candidate is 42,45 and 47 years for general, OBC, SC/ST respectively.

Number of Attempts:
General- 6 attempts
OBC- 9 attempts
SC/ST- unlimited number of attempts
Physically handicapped- 9 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in