2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd February 2016, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Overseas Bank PO Interview Experience

Congratulation for your selection , As you are now preparing for the PO Post Interview here I am giving you some questions about the PO Post Interview that are as follow:

Why do you want to join banking sector?
: What if you’re posted in remote area far away from your hometown? Are you ok with that? Will you be comfortable posted in rural or naxal areas? Who will look after your family?
What is guarantee that you’ll not leave banking sector? You seem too young and confused to handle the job pressure here. (Yes, they’ve asked this in past!)
If you’re a branch manager, how will you increase the profit of the branch? How will you attract more customers? (Hint: Branch manager is not a door to door salesman. his strategy has to be bigger.)
If bank introduces a new home loan product, how will you sell it? (Hint: Contact builders and real estate developers of the city, free publicity through social networking site, pamphlets etc.etc.)
A customer has made FD of 10 lakhs, but within 6 months, he comes back to break his FD for to purchase a car. How will you handle? (Hint: offer him car loan, show the comparative advantage of taking car loan vs breaking FD before maturity vs tax benefit etc.etc.)
What are three points that make you better banker than people sitting outside?
What is the most recent bank related advertisement you’ve seen. And what do you think about it? Was it attractive or was it poorly designed?
As a customer if you’ve to open a bank account, which bank will you chose? What factors will you consider before picking a bank?
In which bank do you have an account already? How you feel as a customer? If you were in working in the same bank, what initiatives will you take for more customer satisfaction?
Assume that you have been selected and after you probation period you are posted somewhere in India as a Branch Manager and Branch is in not a good position. What steps you will take to bring it on right path?

here I am sharing with you the Interview Experiences of the Selected Candidates in the Interview of the Indian Overseas bank

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Indian Overseas Bank (Hyderābād) in March 2014.

Interview

Very stress-free and cordial environment.Focus on knowledge and facts.Very knowledgeable and renowned panel.Interview was easy as I had prepared well.Mostly Current affairs,polity,Science.Its pretty easy to get through if you are studying.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in