2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

6th June 2015, 12:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Institute Of Management Kolkata Placements

Indian Institute of Management Calcutta was established in the year 1961. It is located at Kolkata, West Bengal, India .

Highlights :

Total Number of Students 454

Students opt out of Placements 5

Number of students continuing the placement process

Total Number of students securing placement offers

IIM-C attracted many Finance major companies for its Summer internships.

Banking sector brands namely, Goldman Sachs, Credit Suisse, Citibank, Royal Bank of Scotland, HSBC, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Nomura and Standard Chartered recruited students

Macquarie Group, India Alternative Fund , Multiples Equity, Monsoon Capital, and Clearwater Capital in the summer placement offered niche financial roles to the interns.

Management Consulting firms like, McKinsey & Co., BCG, Bain & Co., A.T. Kearney and Accenture were major recruiters in the Consulting sector.

The major players in Sales and Marketing sectors like Telecom and Healthcare , FMCG, Media saw internship offers from companies like P&G, Hindustan Unilever, J&J Consumer, Pepsi Co, Coca-Cola India, Reckitt Benckiser, Mondelez International, Nestle, Dabur, Asian Paints, L’Oreal and Kellogg’s.

Renowned media houses like Times Group, HT Media and Star India recruited students for their Sales & Marketing divisions.

General Management offers from companies like Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), Mahindra and Mahindra , Tata Administrative Services (TAS), Aditya Birla Group (ABG) and Cairn Energy among others were offered to students of IIM Calcutta.

Amazon visited the campus to hire interns for four roles - Product Manager, Operations Manager, Category Manager (Sourcing) and Category Manager (Inventory Planning).
18th November 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I want to join the IIM Calcutta and I want to know about the placement details of the institute.
18th November 2015, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Hello, here I am providing you the details of the IIM Calcutta placements of year 2015 as under:

Placement details of 2015:
A total of 501 offers were made – 134 PPOs, 143 Lateral Offers, 224 Offers in Finals
Finance field made more then 100 offers, including 22 front-end Investment Banking, Markets, PE and VC roles – the highest across all IIMs.
Consulting sector saw a 23% rise past placements offers. 34 offers were made by the Big Four Consulting Firms.
Accenture Strategy was the largest recruiter with 18 offers.
60 offers from reputed as well as upcoming e-commerce firms, internet companies, start-ups and ventures in digital space (web based firms).
Total number of international offers – 33
2% students opted for deferred placements so they could take up their on ventures

Top recruiters:
Ameriprise Financial
Anand Rathi Securities
Andrew Yule & Co. Ltd.
ANZ
Apollo Tyres
Arcelor Mittal
Arqaam Capital
Arthur D Little
Asian Paints
Hewlett Packard
Hinduja Group
Hindustan Unilever Limited
HSBC Group
HSBC India
HT Media
HTC Software
I
i2 Technologies
Rabo Bank
Ramco Systems
Ranbaxy Laboratories
Raymonds
Realization
Red Bus
Reebok
Reliance Industries
Riverbridge Investment Bank

Indian Institute Of Management Kolkata Placements

Contact details:
Indian Institute Of Management Kolkata
Prof. Peeyush Mehta, Chairperson Admissions
Phone : +91-33-2467-8300 (Ext. 738)
Email : pgpadmissions@iimcal.ac.in

Here I am providing you the IIM placements details in the file as under:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Indian Institute Of Management Kolkata Placements.pdf (275.4 KB, 91 views)

Tags
placements

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in