2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th December 2014, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Forest Services Examination Preparation Tips

The tips for preparation of Indian Foreign Services as you have applied for the exam after M.Sc. in Biochemistry are as follows:

Plan your study properly to focus on weak areas

Refer the best books – use useful books which can help you prepare for the exam in less time

Managing your time is super important.

Keep a track on your time while solving previous question papers to check your speed

If your speed is not good, work on it by setting a fix time to answer a question or solve a question paper

Get your doubts clarified by experts

Stay positive, relax and stay motivated

Candidates can make use of text books to study in detail about each and every section of the syllabus.

The test taker can also learn by preparing model answers for the expected questions.

Journals, Magazines, Newspapers and general knowledge books are good sources for gaining knowledge relevant to various sections of the paper.

It is important to go through previous year question papers. This will help you in gaining insight about the type of questions that are asked in the main exam.

As English is the only medium of the examination, it is advisable that you work on perking up your proficiency in the language.

You should also prepare for the interview.

Apart from gaining thorough knowledge of the subject, you are also expected to be aware of the various issues, current status and policies related to forests.

Scheme of UPSC IFS Examination

Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)

Main Examination (Written Test and Interview)

IFS Main Exam Pattern

The IFS Main exam consists of six papers which are descriptive in nature.

Candidates need to answer the questions in English only.

Question paper too will be set only in English language.

The grand total marks for the IFS Written Exam is 1400 marks.

General English and General Knowledge papers will carry 300 marks each and Optional papers will carry 200 marks each.

An extra 30 minutes will be given to blind candidates. Paper I – General English Paper II – General Knowledge Paper III – Paper I Paper IV – Paper II

Paper V – Paper I

Paper VI – Paper II

Paper (III – VI) are Optional Papers300 Marks300 Marks200 Marks200 Marks

200 Marks

200 Marks

Total Marks: 1,700
21st March 2015, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I am doing the preparation for the Indian Forest Services Examination? Can you please provide me some tips for the Indian Forest Services Examination Preparation?
21st March 2015, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

The Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam is the Forestry service of India conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

You are asking for the Indian Forest Services Examination Preparation Tips. Here I am providing you some best tips that will helps you in the preparation of the Indian Forest Service (IFS) exam. These are as follows:

You should need to prepare yourself according to the Scheme of UPSC IFS Examination. Here I am provide you the Scheme of UPSC IFS Examination. This is as follows:

Scheme of UPSC IFS Examination

Preliminary Examination (Objective Type)

Main Examination (Written Test and Interview)

IFS Main Exam Pattern

The IFS Main exam consists of six papers which are descriptive in nature.
Question paper too will be set only in English language.

The grand total marks for the IFS Written Exam is 1400 marks.

General English and General Knowledge papers will carry 300 marks each and Optional papers will carry 200 marks each.

An extra 30 minutes will be given to blind candidates.Paper I – General EnglishPaper II – General KnowledgePaper III – Paper IPaper IV – Paper II

Paper V – Paper I

Paper VI – Paper II

Paper (III – VI) are Optional Papers300 Marks300 Marks200 Marks200 Marks

200 Marks

200 Marks

You should need to follow the syllabus and cover all the topics of the syllabus.
You should also need to solve last year paper.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in