2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th February 2016, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Air Force Physical Eligibility

I will help you here to tell you that physical eligibility criteria to apply for the Indian Air Force so that you can go through it easily.

Here is the physical Eligbility criteria

Height and Weight: Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length : Min -99 cms. Max – 120 cms.Thigh Length : Max – 64 cms. Sitting Height : Min – 81.5 cms. Max – 96 cms.

Vision:

(a) Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for hypermetropia.

(b) Manifest Myopia – Nil.

(c) LASIK Surgery for correction of vision is admissible in Transport and Helicopter streams of Short Service Commission (Flying Branch) if the following conditions are fulfilled at the time of Air Force medical examination:-

(i) LASIK Surgery should not have been carried out before the age of 20 years.

(ii) The axial length of the eye should not be more than 25.5 mm as measured by IOL master.

(iii) At least twelve months should have lapsed post uncomplicated stable LASIK. No history or evidence of any complication.

iv) The post LASIK corneal thickness as measured by a corneal pachymeter should not be less than 450 microns.

(v) Individuals with high refractive errors (>6D) prior to LASIK are to be excluded. Candidates must not suffer from colour or night blindness.

Education qualification
You should be 12th passed from recognized school/board.

You must passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry & Maths.

Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

You must have an Indian citizenship.

Only Unmarried male candidate can join Air Force through NDA.

Here I’m telling you tentative pay scale of IAF

Pay in Pay Band (same for flying, technical, ground duty): Rs. 15,600

Grade Pay: Rs. 5,400

Military Service Pay: Rs. 6,000

Dearness Allowance @ 107 percent: Rs. 28,890

Kit Maintenance Allowance: Rs. 500

Transport Allowance: Rs. 3,200 + DA ( in major cities) or Rs. 1,600 + DA ( in other cities)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in