2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th June 2018, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian air force for engineers

I completed engineering degree from Mumbai University and planning to join Indian Air Force searching for details about joining. Will you provide me list of Indian Air Force branches which I can join after doing engineering also tell which entrance exam I have to appear for joining?
27th June 2018, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian air force for engineers

Basically, in IAF, there are 3 Branches for which BE/B Tech students/graduates may apply for. They are-

1 Flying Branch
2 Ground Duty Branch
3 Technical Branch

When it comes to these branches, posts open for Engineers are that of Commissioned Officers. The nature of the Commission varies, depending on the entry scheme- Permanent Commission or SSC (Short Service Commission).

There are following entries you can apply after Engineering to join the Indian Air Force

CDS Entry for flying only
AFCAT for flying, technical and GDOC branch
NCC Special entry
Meteorological Branch Entry
Fast Track Selection

AFCAT Entry:

This is the biggest test conducted for inducting officer in IAF. This test inducts both men and women as officers in all the three branches of IAF, i.e. Flying, Technical and Ground Duty.

AFCTA is conducted twice every year by IAF, and includes an added test called EKT (Engineering Knowledge Test) for Technical branch aspirants. The eligibility and training differs according to each branch
13th July 2018, 03:22 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Air Force For Engineers

Hii sir, I Completed my Engineering And I Wants to Join the Indian Air Force Will you Please tell Me How I Join the Indian Air Force After the Engineering ?
13th July 2018, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Air Force For Engineers

Basically, in IAF, there are 3 Branches for which BE/B Tech students/graduates may apply for. They are-

#1 Flying Branch

#2 Ground Duty Branch

#3 Technical Branch

There are following entries you can apply after Engineering to join the Indian Air Force

CDS Entry for flying only
AFCAT for flying, technical and GDOC branch
NCC Special entry
Meteorological Branch Entry
Fast Track Selection

CDSE Entry: Again an exclusive entry for men, after graduation and meant only for flying branch. CDSE is an exam conducted by UPSC, twice every year.

Eligibility Criteria

Gender Men

Format
Three papers consisting of General awareness, English and Mathematics.

Educational Qualification
Graduate (Three Year Course) in any discipline from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) / BE / B Tech (Four Year Course). Final years eligible.

20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course)

Notification date
June and October (Approx.)

NCC Special Entry: Once again an exclusive entry for men aiming for the flying branch. Training procedure almost same as CDSE.

Education Qualification :

Final Year/semester students are also eligible to apply, provided they do not have any present backlogs at the time of SSB Testing and produce Degree certificate issued by the University as per the date stipulated in the advertisement

Age 20 to 24 years (at the time of commencement of course)

UES Entry:
University Entry Scheme is meant for engineering student of pre final year, for the technical branch of IAF.

Education Qualification :

The candidate must be currently studying in Pre-final year of BE / BTech degree course with choice of subject as mentioned in the advertisement. There must be No backlog / arrears of papers of previous semesters at the time of SSB Testing. On completion of degree, minimum 60% of marks in aggregate in all papers put together are mandatory.

Age 20 to 26 years (at the time of commencement of course)

AFCAT Entry:
This is the biggest test conducted for inducting officer in IAF. This test inducts both men and women as officers in all the three branches of IAF, i.e. Flying, Technical and Ground Duty.

Qualification :

AFCAT are spelt out in the advertisement published. Minimum qualification required is graduation

Fast Track Mode:
Generally the selection procedure is spread for a duration of six months, however via Fast Track Selection it is ensured that it is completed within ten days time

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in