2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd December 2014, 09:32 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Air Force after 12th with PCM

Yeah you are eligible to join Indian Air Force after 12th with PCM with 60%. To join Indian Air Force you have to clear NDA exam. Here I am providing you the details regarding NDA exam.

NDA (National Defence Academy) is conducted by Union Public Service Commission-UPSC twice in a year to recruit the candidates in Army, Navy & Air Force wings of National Defence Academy.

Eligibility

(i)For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

(ii) For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy:
12th Class with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.

Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination.

Physical Standards:

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.

Only the Unmarried Male Candidates born not earlier than 2nd January,1996 and not later than 1st January ,1999 are eligible.

Sex: Only unmarried male candidates are eligible.

Nationality:

A candidate must be either be a
(i) a citizen of India , or
(ii). a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii). a subject of Nepal, or
(iv). a Tibetan refugee who came ovbet ot India before the 01 January , 1962 with the intention of spermanently settling in India, or
(v). a Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakisthan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countires of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawim Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently setting in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjetcs of Nepal.

NDA Exam Paper Pattern

The examination consists of two papers, Mathematics (300 marks) and General Ability Test (600 marks) with objective-type questions. The duration for each Paper is 2 ½ hours. Negative marking is applicable.

Syllabus

Paper I- Mathematics
Algebra, Matrices and Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of two and three dimensions, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus and Differential Equations, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability
Paper II- General Ability Test
Part A: English
Part B: Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Indian History, Freedom Movement in India, Civics, Geography, Current Events

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in