2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th July 2018, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Re: Indian Administrative Service In Marathi

Hi, I am a Marathi speaking student; can you tell me if I can write the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam in Marathi language which is conducted by UPSC?
9th July 2018, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Indian Administrative Service In Marathi

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.

No, you cannot write the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) exam in Marathi language. One can only select between Hindi and English to write the Examination.

Preliminary Examination

The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks. The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi

UPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper I (200 marks)
Duration: Two hours (Counted for the merit rank in the Prelims)
Current events of national and international importance.
History of India and Indian National Movement.
Indian and World Geography Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
Indian Polity and Governance Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change that do not require subject specialization.
General Science.

UPSC Prelims Syllabus for Paper II- (200 marks)
Duration: Two hours (Not counted for the merit rank in Prelims but a qualifying Paper; just needs 33% marks)
Comprehension.
Interpersonal skills including communication skills.
Logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Decision-making and problem-solving.
General mental ability.
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. Class X level)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in