2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2014, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

IMA after B.E

Hi I have completed B.E now how can I apply to join Indian Military Academy?
5th December 2014, 01:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IMA after B.E

To join Indian Military Academy after B.E you have to clear CDS exam. Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS) is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy.

CDS Exam eligibility-

For Indian Military Academy/Officers' Training Academy: Degree from a recognized university or equivalent

For Naval Academy: Bachelor of Engineering

For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or Bachelor of Engineering Bachelor of Technology

Age Limit-

Indian Military Academy 19-24 years
Air Force Academy 19-23 years
Naval Academy 19-22 years
Officers’ Training Academy 19-25 years

CDS Exam pattern

Written Exam:-

i. Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and time duration 2hrs and maximum marks is 100 for each subject.

ii. For the candidates who are appearing for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy written test comprising of English, General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprising of English and General Knowledge.

iii. Candidates who are declared successful in the written exam will be detailed for intelligence and personality test at the Service Selection Board based on their preference, by the respective service HQ.

(A) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
English 2 Hours 100
General Knowledge 2 Hours 100
Elementary Mathematics 2 Hours 100

(B) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:

Subject Duration Maximum Marks
English 2 Hours 100
General Knowledge 2 Hours 100

The maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be equal for each course. i.e the maximum marks allotted to the written examination and to the interviews will be 300, 300, 300 and 200 each for admission to the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy respectively.

The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only. The question papers of General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.

In the question papers, wherever necessary, questions involving the metric system of Weighs and Measures only will be set.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in