2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

IITM View Grades

Hi I am the student of Indian Institute of Technology Madras and want to visit the Student Page of this Institute to view my grade points so can you please tell me the URL of the Student Page of Indian Institute of Technology Madras?
Similar Threads
Thread
RTU Grades
IITK Grades
Grades in SSC
CCSU Grades Due
LPU EDU Grades
Scientist Grades in ISRO
Citibank Grades
IIT Madras View Grades
CCSU Fall Grades
IITM Grades
AP SSC Board Grades
IITH Grades
NTPC Grades
Grades IITK
IITM Grade View
CT School Grades
Do Colleges Look At Your Semester Grades or Quarter Grades
IQ School Grades
SMU Grades Scale
SMU Grades Required
11th June 2018, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

Re: IITM View Grades

Can you tell me about the process to view Grades for IITM (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) as I and my friends want to check our Grades?
11th June 2018, 01:04 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IITM View Grades

The process to view Grades for IITM (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) is as follows:

Visit the below given link:
iitm.ac.in/grades

Click to View Grades

On the new page, fill in all the required details and submit

That page will look like this:

Grades, Semester and Cumulative Performance Index

One is awarded a letter grade in each course one is registered for, including ones overall performance in that course. There are nine letter grades: A, B, C, D, E, F, S, X and I. The correspondence between grades and points (on a 10-point scale) / rating is:-
A: 10, B: 8, C: 6, D: 4, E: 2, F: 0, S: Satisfactory, X: Unsatisfactory, I: Incomplete

If one does not complete all the requirements for a course for a genuine reason, the instructor may award grade I (Incomplete).

An I grade must be converted by the instructor to a regular letter grade by the last date for such conversion specified in the Academic Calendar, failing which it is automatically converted to an F grade.

One getting an E or F grade in a course must either repeat it or substitute it by another course as suggested by DPGC.

One getting a D grade in a course may be allowed to repeat it or substitute it by another course, provided:
Ones CPI is less than the prescribed minimum and one is allowed to continue in the programme as per provision in the Academic Performance Requirement, and one has completed all the courses as prescribed by the department
In case a course is repeated or substituted, the old grade will also appear on the transcript although it will not be taken into account while computing the CPI/SPI.
Seminars are graded as satisfactory (S) or unsatisfactory (X) and will carry zero units for credit.

The grade S or X will be awarded for D.IIT., M. Tech., Ph.D. project/thesis units as follows:
At the end of the semester, the project/thesis supervisor(s) will assess ones progress towards the project/thesis work during the semester and will award the grade S for each set of 4 units if the work is satisfactory and X for every unsatisfactory 4 units. Thus one registered for 16 units can get one of the following five combinations:
SSSS, SSSX, SXXX, XXXX.

If one is on leave for a part of the semester or submits thesis in the middle of a semester, the SPGC may reduce thesis/project units appropriately.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in