2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th May 2015, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

IITM M.Sc

I have completed my B.Sc degree and want to take admission in the M.Sc degree at IIT Madras Department of Mathematics. Please tell me the fee structure for the M.Sc course at this IIT Madras department? Or tell me is there any entrance exam I have to give for taking admission in this?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitm ece
Oe iitm
Iitm tts
Clt iitm
IITM Dom
BCA in IITM
Map of IITM
Phd iitm
Cfi iitm
Iitm ms ee
Hsr iitm
MSC in IITM
IITM Hyd
Iitm ee
Iitm oed
Iitm ce
IITM EE Stores IITM EE
Ccd iitm
Iitm cc
IITM Zip
19th February 2016, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

Re: IITM M.Sc

Hi I am interested in knowing the eligibility criteria for the M.Sc courses offered in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics at Indian Institute of Technology Madras?
19th February 2016, 06:40 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IITM M.Sc

IIT Madras offers the following programme in M.Sc. (4 Semesters) in the following departments:
Chemistry Department
Mathematics Department
Physics Department

Minimum educational qualification (MEQ) and eligibility requirement (ER) to take admission in the M.Sc. Programmes at IIT Madras are the following:

M.Sc. Chemistry:
MEQ:
Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry as a subject for three years/ six semesters & Mathematics as a subject at (10+2) level

ER: At least 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) in the qualifying degree for General and OBC category candidates

At least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST and PwD category candidates

M.Sc. Mathematics:
MEQ:
Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics as a subject for at least two years/four semesters

ER: At least 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) in the qualifying degree for General and OBC category candidates
At least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off (taking into account all subjects, including languages and subsidiaries, all years combined) in the qualifying degree for SC/ST and PwD category candidates

M.Sc. Physics:
MEQ:
Bachelor’s degree with Physics as a subject for at least two years/ four semesters & Mathematics as a subject for at least one year/two semesters

Contact Details:

The Head, Department of Mathematics,
IIT Madras,
Chennai - 600036,
India
Phone: +91 44 22574600
Fax: +91 44 22574602
Email: maoffice@iitm.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in