2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

IITKGP M Tech MCP

What is process for admission in Joint M.Tech/MCP-PhD Programmes of IITKGP campus? I have recently completed B.Tech Degree in Electrical Engineering. So tell me what is best branch for me for Joint M.Tech/MCP-PhD Programmes? Please give admission criteria accepted by IITKGP.
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitkgp crr
Iitkgp cts
IITKGP Ac Jam 07
Sem crf iitkgp
Iitkgp jee
IITKGP Map
Iitkgp ise
Iitkgp ee
Iem iitkgp
MBA At IITKGP
Cc iitkgp
MBA in IITKGP
IITKGP Adv
Jam iitkgp
Ece iitkgp
Iitkgp hss
Cel iitkgp
Iitkgp cse pds
Cts iitkgp
Ssg iitkgp
8th June 2018, 09:42 AM
Unregistered

Re: IITKGP M Tech MCP

I want to know the eligibility criteria to apply for M.Tech / MCP in Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur so can you tell me?
8th June 2018, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IITKGP M Tech MCP

The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur offers Joint M.Tech / MCP - Ph.D Programme through GATE

Joint M.Tech / MCP - Ph.D Programme

Eligibility-

The programme is open to candidates of all categories with Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture/M.Sc or equivalent professional degrees (AMIE etc.) and having valid GATE score.

NET Qualified candidates with fellowship having M.A or M.Sc Degree in Economics, Sociology, or Geography and having studied mathematics/statistics at the higher secondary level or at the graduate level are eligible to apply

Eligibility criteria:

For institutes awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in all years of the qualifying degree:

(a) GE/OBC: Min. of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)

(b) SC/ST/PwD: Min. of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale)

For institutes awarding degree based on aggregate marks secured in the final two semesters or final year of the qualifying degree:

(a) GE/OBC: Min. of 60% marks (or a CGPA of 6.5 on a 10 point scale)

(b) SC/ST/PwD: Min. of 55% marks (or a CGPA of 6.0 on a 10 point scale).

The CGPA will not be converted into percentage marks if the degree awarding Institute provides marks in CGPA system.

Their admission will be based on the CGPA awarded in the transcript.

All selected candidates, graduating in 2018 have to produce the original certificates and mark sheets of the final qualifying degree by 31st October, 2018.

Seats are reserved for OBC/SC/ST candidates and persons with disability (PwD) as per Government of India rules.

B.Tech students graduating from any of the IITs in 2018 or graduated in 2017 having CGPA 8.0 or above may be admitted to the Post-Graduate programme without GATE score. However, they have to follow the formal process as indicated in the website.

Application fee-

a) The application fee is Rs. 500/- for GE/OBC Male/Transgender Candidates and

b) Rs. 250/- for all Female and PwD/SC/ST Candidates.

The Application fee is non-refundable.

Contact

Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur
India - 721302
+91-3222-255221
FAX : +91-3222-255303

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in