2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th December 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

IITK Vs IITB

Hii sir, I wants to do Engineering from IIT Will you Please tell me Which IIT is Good for Me IIT Kanpur Or IIT Bombay ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitb epm
Aps iitb
Cl 231 iitb
Iitb cse nvk
Sop iitb
Mm 207 iitb
SPI Lab IITB
IITB MBA Cut Off
Kvv iitb
Es 200 iitb
Gc iitb
WEL Lab EE IITB
Iitb mca
Cc iitb
Cl 603 IITB
Iitb cms
Jkv iitb
Tcs iitb
Iitb jrf
Cse iitb
20th December 2016, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IITK Vs IITB

According to Me Both IITs Are Good for Engineering But Suggest you Opt the Institute According to your Stream of Engineering And the Cutt offs As Per My Knowledge the Cutt Offs of IIT Bombay Goes High As Compare to IIT Kanpur But the Studies Is Good

Here I am giving you the Comparison of Both the Institute

IIT Bombay is well-connected to the rest of the country as well as the world as compared to IIT Kanpur which lies in a tier-II city of India.

And it is a known fact that living in a metropolitan has perks of its own.

Apart from this, the former engineering college also lies in the financial capital of the country which has benefits of its own.

Safety

Mumbai is definitely a safer city as compared to Kanpur and here we are not just talking about safety for women. A
nd due to this, students at IIT-B are known to have a better out-of-campus life as compared to other IITs.
Also, there are lesser restrictions on students at IIT Bombay.

Placements

Located in the financial hub of the country,

IIT-B is known to attract good firms for placements. However, IIT brand name sells and students from IIT Kanpur are also known to get placed well.

However, as shared by students IIT Bombay encourages its students to start their own entrepreneurial ventures by giving them an option of deferred placement which is not the case with IIT Kanpur.

Academic Load

Students also reveal that curriculum at IIT Bombay is much more relaxed and flexible when compared to the same offered at other IITs in India.

Apart from this, with the introduction of the ‘Honors’ and ‘Minors’ system, students at IITs can study as much or as little as they desire.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in