2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th April 2015, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

IITK History

When will Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur established, give year of establishment & also give ranking of IITK, & list of courses offered at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur & faculty members also, can any one please provide here???
Similar Threads
Thread
Dc++ IITK IP
New SAC IITK
Ce iitk
Me 251 iitk
Kvs iitk
Iitk iwd
Phi 141 IITK
Ime iitk
Iitk mse
Gh1 iitk
Pvf iitk
Oa iitk
Iitk spo
MK Das IITK
History Of IITK
Ai iitk
Me 301 iitk
phy 103 iitk
Online MBA History MBA Online History Internet
MMU History Economic History
10th May 2018, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Re: IITK History

I want to get the information about the History of Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur so can you provide me?
10th May 2018, 02:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IITK History

The Indian Institute of Technology IIT Kanpur was founded in 1959 at the Harcourt Butler Technological Institute in Kanpur.

The institute was created with the assistance of a consortium of nine US research universities as part of the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP).

It was declared to be an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India under the Institutes of Technology Act.

In 1963, the institute moved to its present location, on the Grand Trunk Road near the locality of Kalyanpur in Kanpur district.

One of the founding departments of the Institute, the department of Mechanical Engineering came into existence within a year of establishment of IIT Kanpur.

During the first ten years of its existence, a consortium of nine US universities (namely M.I.T, University of California, Berkeley, California Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Carnegie Institute of Technology, University of Michigan, Ohio State University, Case Institute of Technology and Purdue University) helped set up IIT Kanpur's research laboratories and academic programmes under the Kanpur Indo-American Programme (KIAP)

The first Director of the Institute was P. K. Kelkar

Contact-

Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kalyanpur, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh 208016
0512 259 0151

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in