2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th April 2018, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Ropar M Tech Admission

I want to get admission in M.Tech in Indian Institute of Technology IIT Ropar so can you please provide me the details of admission?
14th April 2018, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Ropar M Tech Admission

The Indian Institute of Technology IIT Ropar invites application form for admission in various M.Tech programs.

M.Tech programs-

Computer Science
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Center for Biomedical engineering

Eligibility criteria-

Computer Science and Engineering Department

Specialization: CSE (Seats: 20)

GATE Paper Code: CSE

Eligibility: Candidates with B.Tech/ B.E/ M.Sc/ MCA in Computer Science and Engineering or related areas with valid GATE score in CS & IT. B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA, more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without valid GATE score.

Electrical Engineering Department

Power Engineering (Seats: 15)

GATE Paper Code: EE

Eligibility: Candidates with B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc. in the appropriate area with valid GATE score in Electrical Engineering (EE) paper.

Communication and Signal Processing (Seats: 10)

GATE Paper Code: EC

Eligibility: Candidates with B. Tech./B.E or M. Sc. in the appropriate area B.Tech. from IITs with CGPA more than 8.0 (SC/ST 7.5) are eligible to apply without valid GATE score.

Mechanical Engineering Department

Specialization: Thermal Engineering (TE), Me and Design (MD), Manufacturing Engineering (MF)

Seats: 35

GATE Paper Code: ME

Eligibility: Candidates with B.Tech./B.E in Mechanical Engineering or relevant area with valid GATE score in Mechanical Engineering.

Center for Biomedical Engineering Department

Biomedical Engineering (Seats:10)

GATE Paper Code: AG,BT,CH,CS,CY,EC,EE,IN,MA,ME,PH,XE,XL

Eligibility: A bachelors degree in engineering (BE / BTech), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. A minimum of 55 percent marks (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10) for SC/ST,

Or

A masters degree in science (MSc / MS), computer application (MCA), or equivalent, with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. A minimum of 55 percent marks (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10) for SC/ST,

Or

A bachelors degree in medicine/surgery (MBBS), pharmaceutical sciences (BPharm), veterinary science (BVSc), or dental surgery (BDS), with a minimum of 60 percent marks (6.5 grade points on a scale of 10) and a valid GATE score. A minimum of 55 percent marks (6.0 grade points on a scale of 10) for SC/ST

Selection Process

Admission of the applicants is purely based on their GATE performance.

The applicants are required to register in Common Offer and Acceptance Portal (COAP) 2018 which will open in the first week of April 2018 for the registration process.

The first round of offers will be sent to applicants by 15 May 2018.

Application Fees

Rs. 200/- for GEN/OBC,

Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PWD

Important date-

Last Date of Applying online is 19 May 2018.

Contact-

IIT Ropar, Permanent Campus
Birla seeds farms, Rupnagar, Punjab 140001

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in