2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th November 2015, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Mumbai Msc Biotechnology

I would like to know the details of the Msc Biotechnology course offered at IIT, Mumbai as I would like to join it?
5th November 2015, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Mumbai Msc Biotechnology

IIT, Mumbai is one of the finest institutes in India and ranked among the top tier of institutes in India and offers varied courses.

M.Sc. Program

A four semester program to teach in-depth knowledge of molecular cell biology, computational biology and their applications. The curriculum the courses covers is in thermodynamics, spectroscopy, enzymology, metabolism, genetics, cell biology, analytical biochemistry and microbiology, molecular biology, genetic engineering, immunology, molecular biophysics and bioinformatics, together with relevant laboratory programs, and a research project leading to a dissertation.

Eligibility Requirement

A pass in Bachelor’s degree in any one of the following:

Biological/ Chemical sciences OR
Pharmaceutical/ Veterinary/ Medical/ Agricultural sciences OR
Engineering subjects/ Physical sciences with adequate exposure to Chemical/ Biological Sciences

Admissions Examination:
Joint Admission Test for M.Sc. (JAM) is an all-India assessment conducted in eight zones across the country jointly by IISc and seven IITs on behalf of Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD), Government of India. JAM is for admittance to M.Sc. (Two year), Joint M.Sc. -Ph.D, Dual Degree and other post-bachelor degree programes at IISc and IITs.

FACULTY ADVISOR for the Course:

M.Sc. I - Prof. S. Patankar
M.Sc. II - Prof. K.K. Rao

Course Cirriculam:

Course of M.Sc in Biotechnology at IIT, Mumbai

Contact Info:

Department of Bioscience & Bioengineering
Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, Powai, Mumbai-400076, INDIA
Telephone : +91-22-2576-7771 FAX: +91-22-25723480
E-Mail: office.bio@iitb.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in