2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th May 2015, 03:31 PM
Unregistered

IIT Madras Vs Anna University

According to my rank, I can get into the IIT Madras and Anna University for the engineering course. Which one is better for engineering among the IIT Madras and Anna University? Which will enhance my skills in term of the course? All help are appreciated.
Similar Threads
Thread
Anna University Vs IIT Madras
University OE Madras
University Of Madras For MCA
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) MBA
University of Madras
University Of Madras ML
University of Madras UAE
University Of Madras OUS
Anna University And Anna University Of Technology Chennai
University of Madras UGC Net
Madras University Law
SRM Madras University
Madras University MBA
Madras University madras university
Madras University MBA
TBI University of Madras
SSN University Madras
Madras University TN
NSS Madras University
IDE University of Madras
28th December 2019, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Madras Vs Anna University

Can you tell me which is better between IITM (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) and Anna University for pursuing B Tech (Bachelor of Technology) Program?
28th December 2019, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Madras Vs Anna University

I find both the Institutes - IITM (Indian Institute of Technology Madras) and Anna University – are good at their level for pursuing B Tech (Bachelor of Technology) Program.

For admission in IITM you need to clear JEE (Advance) Entrance Exam which is by itself considered as toughest exam in India while Anna University conducts its own Entrance exam for admission in B Tech Program.

Indian Institute of Technology Madras

Indian Institute of Technology Madras is a public engineering recognised as an Institute of National Importance. Founded in 1959 with technical and financial assistance from the former government of West Germany, it was the third IIT that was established by the Government of India.

Ranking

Internationally, IIT Madras was ranked 271 in the QS World University Rankings of 2020. The same rankings ranked it 48 in Asia and 17 among BRICS nations. It was ranked 601-800 in the world by the Times Higher Education World University Rankings of 2020, 120 in ASIA and 75 among Emerging Economies University Rankings in 2019.

IIT Madras also ranked first among engineering colleges by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2019 and first overall. It also bagged the top slot in the maiden edition of Atal Rankings of Institutions on Innovation Achievements (ARIIA), Govt. of India in the year 2019.

Anna University

Anna University is a state technical university established on 4 September 1978. The main campus houses the College of Engineering, Guindy; Alagappa College of Technology, School of Architecture and Planning, and three technical departments of the University of Madras. The Madras Institute of Technology campus is located in Chromepet.

Ranking
Internationally, Anna University was ranked 651-700 in the QS World University Rankings of 2018. The same rankings ranked it 301-350 in Asia and 85 among BRICS nations.

It was ranked tenth in India overall by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in 2018 along with nine other Indian institutes, fourth among universities, eighth in the engineering ranking and 28 in the management ranking.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in