2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

IIT Madras Clubs

I want to become member of the Music Club in Indian Institute of Technology Madras? Can you please provide me the link of the Indian Institute of Technology Madras Music Club membership application form? So I cam apply for its membership?
Similar Threads
Thread
NMIMS Student Clubs
IIT Mumbai Clubs
Clubs at wharton MBA
List of CCSU clubs
IIT madras PHD
IITM Clubs
Amity University Clubs
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) MBA
Clubs In IIT Bombay
IIT Madras Clubs
Goizueta MBA Clubs
Clubs At Azusa Pacific University
OEC IIT madras
Clubs In IIT Mumbai
IIT Madras BBA
IIM Lucknow Clubs
MBA at IIT Madras
IIT Guwahati Clubs
IITD Clubs
Clubs In IIM Calcutta
9th May 2018, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Madras Clubs

I want to know the clubs in Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras so will you please tell me?
9th May 2018, 08:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Madras Clubs

Apart from the cultural activities and sporting events at Indian Institute of Technology IIT Madras that go on throughout the academic year, there are many other forms of recreation open to the students.

There are a number of clubs including the Music Club, Astronomy Club, Film Club, Hiking Club etc.

The Institute also has various Sabhas and Mandals which are informal gatherings of people having a similar linguistic background. The Hindi Mitra Mandal, the Kannada Sangha, the Telugu Samskritika Samiti etc. are a few of them.

IIT Madras Clubs

CFI

Centre for Innovation (CFI) is a Student Lab at IIT Madras.
It provides students the necessary platform for realizing their ideas. A great workspace, a comprehensive inventory, ample guidance from faculty & senior-students and the zeal and passion of the CFI team make CFI a gifted asset for IIT Madras students.

Music Club

The Music Club, IIT Madras was founded in October 1970, by a dedicated group of faculty, staff and students.
The aim was to promote listening to classical music amidst campus residents, students included.

Astronomy Club

The Astronomy club of IIT Madras is a group of campusites who are enthusiastic about hobby astronomy.

The club acts as a base for all amateur astronomy related activities and aims at popularising it in the institute. The exchange of information and spreading of general awareness about various astronomical events find a common platform in the club.

IIT Madras Film Society

With its silver jubilee just round the corner, the IITFS, from the time of its inception has dedicated itself to the cause of screening technically brilliant and thought provoking movies. A registered society, it is affiliated to the Federation of Film Societies of India (FFSI).
Movies are screened regularly at the Central Lecture Theater (CLT).

Film Club

The Film Club screens the weekly Saturday Night English movie at the Open Air Theater - popularly known as OAT. The Open Air Theatre is located opposite the Humanities and Sciences Block.

Speaking Club

The Speaking Club of IIT Madras is the longest running literary club in the institute. Since it's conception four years ago by a group of Senior students , the club through its activities has helped students in the campus improve their public speaking skills.

Hiking Club

In the campus,there is a Hiking Club being run by the students,which organizes hiking tours to the exciting destinations every year.

Amateur Radio Club

The Amateur Radio Club is an electronics enthusiasts delight. It has a powerful transceiver located at the basement of Brahmaputra hostel.

Photography Club

The Photography Club has facilities and cameras for hire. The club encourages amateur photographers and beginners interested in learning the techniques of photography.

Literary Club (or the Lit-Circle)

Passions run high as the twelve hostels battle it out for the Lit-Soc trophy which is awarded to the hostel securing maximum number of points in literary and arts activities conducted throughout the year.

Prakriti (Wildlife Club)

Prakriti, the Wildlife Club of IIT Madras, Was founded in April 2002 by a group of wildlife enthusiasts comprising of students, faculty, staff, residents and alumni of IIT Madras.

Contact-

IIT Madras
Sardar Patel Rd, Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036
044 2257 8101

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in