2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd June 2015, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

IIT Kharagpur Size

What is the total size of the campus of the IIT Kharagpur? I am a student of this University and I have been told to make a project on my campus and regarding that I want to have details about the size of the campus. So provide me with the needful
Similar Threads
Thread
IIT Bombay Size
Indian Air Force Size
IIT Bombay Size
HEC MBA Class Size
IIT Roorkee Size
Photo Size for SSC CGL
KEAM Photo Size
Size Of Top MBA Programs
MBA 13 Size
MBA Size
NDA Chest Size
JEE Thumb Impression Size
IIT Madras Size
IIFT Batch Size
IIT Kharagpur - Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur India
Photo Size For IBPS PO
Size of Photo for AFCAT
Andhra University Size
NDA signature size
CDS market size
8th June 2018, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Kharagpur Size

Hii sir, I Wants to know About the Area of Land Covered by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur ?
8th June 2018, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Kharagpur Size

The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur or IIT KGP) is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951.

It was the first of the IITs to be established, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the Government of India.

Campus Area :
he 8.5 square kilometres (2,100 acres) campus is residence to about 22,000 inhabitants
The campus has a total of 55 kilometres (34 miles) of roadways. The Institute plans to go Green by 2020.

IIT Kharagpur is located 120 kilometres (75 mi) west of Kolkata. The campus is located five kilometres away from Kharagpur's railway station.

Weather - Winter (October to February) is moderate and pleasant (10 to 25 C) in Kharagpur. Summer (March to June) is hot (25 to 40 C) and sometimes humid. Rains are normally confined to the months of June to September.

Facilities

Accomodation - The institute is fully residential. Students are accommodated in 20 Halls of Residence and the staff is provided with quarters. Accommodation for visitors is arranged in the Technology Guest House, CEC Guest House, Alumni Guest House or CTS Visitors Hall,

Food -
All the Halls of Residence and Guest houses have regular catering facilities.
Other eating places are Sahara, Dreamland, Vegies, Super-Duper, Tikka, Billoo's Restaurant etc.

Market -
For daily necessities and groceries, one can walk down to the Tech Market.

Banks - Three banks are located inside the Campus.
The State Bank of India is close to the Institute and provides foreign exchange facilities also.
The Syndicate Bank is situated on the first floor of the Institute main building. T
The Punjab National Bank is situated in the Tech Market where business transactions are carried out in the afternoon.

Hospital -
The B.C.Roy Technology Hospital is located at the center of the Campus.
It provides indoor and outdoor medical facilities for common ailments.

Gymkhana -
Technology Students' Gymkhana is the nerve center for sports, cultural and social activities.

Swimming Pool -
An Aquatic Club with swimming pools is centrally located right beside the Gymkhana at IIT-KGP.

Library - The Central Library offers about 300,000 volumes in an open shelf system on different fields of science and technology, humanities and social sciences.

Computer Network - The backbone of lIT Kharagpur network is based on gigabit fibre optic technology.

Contact Details :
lIT Kharagpur
Address: Kharagpur, West Bengal 721302

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in