2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

15th April 2015, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

IIT Kharagpur Museum

Does Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur has any Museum if yes then please provide me information about it when that Museum came into influence please tell me the dates and with it please provide me some of the good photographs of that Museum which is the part of Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Similar Threads
Thread
Durham University Oriental Museum
Punjab University Museum
University of IOWA IMU Art Museum
Mysore University Museum
Rabindra Bharati University Museum
INDIAN Navy Museum
Gujarat Vidyapith Tribal Museum
Museum Of FRI Dehradun
ONGC Museum Dehradun
Doll Museum
Nehru Museum IIT Kharagpur
Children's Museum University of Utah
Nikkei Museum
Oriental Museum University of Durham
Indian Air Force Museum Palam
Treasures of the oriental museum durham university Durham university oriental museum
Tamil University Museum
Entrance Fee Vatican Museum
Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology
Museum courses in Mumbai
1st September 2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIT Kharagpur Museum

I recently took admission in Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur and from here doing engineering degree came to know about Museum. Will you provide basic details about IIT Kharagpur Museum and also provide me list of activities done in IIT Kharagpur Museum?
1st September 2018, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT Kharagpur Museum

The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951.

About IIT Kharagpur Museum

Nehru Museum of Science and Technology is located in the old building of IIT Kharagpur - a historic building - the infamous Hijli Detention Camp of the pre-Independence era.

In the 50th year of India's independence, on 16th September, 1997, it was renamed as "Hijli Shahid Bhavan" to commemorate the martyrdom of two freedom fighters at the Hijli Detention Camp in September 1931.

Activities in IIT Kharagpur Museum

Events : The museum regularly organizes some yearly events:

Hijli Martyrs Day on 16th of September
National science Day on 28th of February

Organizations of Science Exhibitions

Publication of books: The Nehru Museum of Science & Technology has over the years compiled or published books on science and history.

Printing of a thematic annual calendar each year.

Organisation of the Inter Hall Model making competition among the students of IIT Kharagpur, designing and development of multimedia CD presentation on the diverse field of science & technology for the school children are some of its other activities.

Creation of theme galleries and renovation, maintenance and uplipment of Hijli Detention camp premises.

Various other competitions are also organised amongst the school children on the occasion of Hijli Martyrs' Day observation.

The Museum has also taken up some special project, like labeling trees of the campus with their appropriate botanical names, etc.

Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur
Kharagpur, India - 721302
Phone: +91-3222-255221
FAX : +91-3222-255303

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in