2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th December 2014, 09:16 AM
Unregistered

IIT JEE exam

I completed 12th with more than 60%. So am I able to attend the IIT JEE exam?
9th December 2014, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIT JEE exam

Yes, you are eligible for IIT JEE exam if you appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2014 and cleared the improve metal exam in 2014. Those who appeared for the first time in their Class XII (or equivalent) examination in 2013 or earlier are NOT eligible.

Here, I am giving the eligibility criteria For IIT JEE 2015 Exam. please consider the following points.

Eligibility Criteria

Candidate appeared 12th in either 2014 or 2015.
Candidates who appeared 12th and wish to re appear in 2015 for improvement are also eligible
Candidates appeared 12th in 2013 or earlier are not eligible

Age limit.

Candidate born after oct 1, 1990 for Gen and OBC and after oct 1,1985 for SC, ST or PwD.

Number of attempts.
Candidate can attend JEE(Adv.) maximum two times

Important Dates
Online Registration Schedule :02 May
Schedule for downloading of admit card: 09 May - 10:00 to 12 May - 17:00 IST
JEE (Advanced) 2015 (Paper 1) :24 May - 09:00 to 12:00 IST
JEE (Advanced) 2015 (Paper 2) :24 May - 14:00 to 17:00 IST

For more details , please visit;
Address
JEE(Main) Unit
Central Board of Secondary Education
Plot No. 149, Block - H,
Sector - 63, Noida - 201309
Distt- Gautam Budh Nagar (U.P.)

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Plot+No.+149,+Block+-+H,+++Sector+-+63,+Noida+-+201309+++Distt-+Gautam+Budh+Nagar+(U.P.)&hl=en&sll=19.145168,76.7 28516&sspn=43.854481,83.671875&hq=Plot+No.+149,+Bl ock+-+H,+++Sector+-+63,+Noida+-+201309+++Distt-+Gautam+Budh+Nagar&t=m&z=4
[/MAP]
24th February 2016, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am Sunil. I am from Mumbai. Can you help me by providing me information regarding the IIT JEE exam and the exam which has replaced it and also give its exam pattern?
24th February 2016, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator

Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) was an annual engineering college entrance examination in India.
It was used as the only admission test by the 16 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines Dhanbad.

The examination was organised each year by one of the various IITs, using a round robin rotation pattern.

In 2013 it was replaced by the 2-phase Joint Entrance Examination
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is organized for admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over the country.

In 2012, CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) declared this common examination that replaced the AIEEE and IIT-JEE.
JEE is held in 2 parts,
JEE Mains
JEE Advanced
JEE-Advanced is for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), and Indian School of Mines Dhanbad, an institute that will be converted to IIT, while the JEE-Main exam is for admission to Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), centrally funded technical institutes (CFTIs) as well as for admission to the dual degree programme of IIEST Shibpur.

JEE-Main Exam has two papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2. Candidates may opt for either or both of them. Both papers contain multiple choice questions.

Paper-1 is for admission in B.E./B.Tech (online and offline)
Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning (offline only)

Students who qualify JEE-Mains can appear for JEE-Advanced examination
26th February 2016, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

IIT JEE exam

Hello sir, I am Aman Verma. I am from Jaunpur. I want you to help me by providing me some information about the IIT JEEE exam. Give me details about its exam pattern.
26th February 2016, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Indian Institutes of Technology Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) was an annual engineering college entrance examination in India. It was used as the sole admission test by the 16 Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and Indian School of Mines Dhanbad.

In 2013 it was replaced by the two-phase Joint Entrance Examination
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is an all India common engineering entrance examination which is conducted for admission in various engineering colleges and courses all over the country.

JEE consists of two parts, JEE Mains and JEE Advanced.
JEE-Advanced is for admission to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), and Indian School of Mines Dhanbad, while the JEE-Main exam is for admission to Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), centrally funded technical institutes

JEE Main exam has 2 papers, Paper-1 and Paper-2.
Paper 1 is for admission to B.E./B.Tech courses.
It is conducted both online and offline. Paper-2 is for admission in B.Arch and B.Planning courses.
It is conducted offline only.

JEE Main has a fixed exam structure.

The paper-1 is of 3 hours duration and consists of thirty multiple choice (single-correct) questions in each of the 3 subjects

Physics,
Chemistry
Maths

There is negative marking for incorrect answers.
4 marks are awarded for correct answers and 1 mark is deducted for incorrect answers.

Students who qualify JEE-Mains can appear for JEE-Advanced examination

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in