2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th July 2016, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIST Papers

Yes I will get the Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology entrance exam paper so that you can go through it easily.

Here is the exam paper
The central fringe in a Young’s double slit experiment with the He-Ne laser (λ = 632.8 nm) has intensity I0. If one of the slits is covered by a 5µm thick film of plastic (refractive index = 1.4), the intensity becomes I1. The ratio I1/I0 is close to
(A) 3/16
(B) 1/4
(C) 1/2
(D) 3/4

A polarizer is introduced in the path of a beam of unpolarized light incident on a block of transparent material (refractive index = p3). The polarizer can be placed such that its axis is parallel (P) or normal (N) to the plane of incidence. The incident beam makes an angle θ with the surface of the block. The light will be completely transmitted if
(A) θ = 30◦ and the polarizer is placed in P
(B) θ = 30◦ and the polarizer is placed in N
(C) θ = 60◦ and the polarizer is placed in P
(D) θ = 60◦ and the polarizer is placed in N

A submarine traveling at 10 ms−1 is chasing another one in front of it. It locates its position and speed by sending Sonar (ultrasonic sound) towards it and recording the time of its travel and return frequency. The frequency of the Sonar is 25000 Hz and the frequency of the reflected signal is 24900 Hz. If the speed of sound in water is 1500 ms−1, the speed of the submarine being chased is
(A) 16 ms−1
(B) 14 ms−1
(C) 13 ms−1
(D) 11 ms−1

A light sensor is fixed at one corner of the bottom of a rectangular tank of depth 10 m full of a liquid of refractive index 2/p3. The illuminated area through which the light can exit at the top of the tank is
(A) a quarter of a circle of radius > 10 m
(B) a quarter of a circle of radius < 10 m
(C) a quarter of a circle of radius = 10p3 m
(D) a quarter of a circle of radius > 10p3 m

For full paper please have a look on file

Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology exam paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in