2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd May 2015, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

IIST Or IISER Which Is Best

I have done M.Tech from the IIT Mumbai Campus. Now I want to do Ph.D in Engineering. So I have appeared in the Entrance Exams of IIST and IISER and luckily I passed in both Entrance Exams. So pls provide me suggestions that which offer best Ph.d Program in engineering disciplines to me. Pls provide list of research areas of both Colleges to me.
Similar Threads
Thread
IISER Aptitude Test
IISER TVM Phd Admission
IISER TVM Integrated PhD
IISER TVM Internship
IISER Bhopal Campus
IISER Mohali
IISER Bhubaneswar
IISER TVM Physics
IISER Pune KVPY
Iist or iiser
Admission Form Of IISER
IISER Jobs
IISER Campus Mohali
IISER exam Syllabus
How to get admission in IISER
IISER Admission Procedure
IISER Admissions In
IISER College
IISER Jobs Kolkata
IISER Trivandrum PhD
27th February 2020, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIST Or IISER Which Is Best

Can you tell me which is better between Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)?
27th February 2020, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIST Or IISER Which Is Best

I find both Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) are among the top institutes of India.

IIST

Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) was established in 2007 and is a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. It functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Space, Government of India. It was set up by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) under the Department of Space, Government of India.

Its mission is to create a unique learning environment enriched by the challenges of the Space Programme; nurture the spirit of innovation and creativity; establish centres of excellence in niche areas; provide ethical and value based education; promote activities to address societal needs and network with national and international institutions of repute.

Ranking
Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology was ranked 30 by the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) engineering category in 2019.

Departments
Science
Department of Mathematics
Department of Physics
Department of Chemistry
Department of Earth and Space sciences

Technology
Department of Aerospace Engineering
Department of Avionics

Humanities
Department of Humanities

IISER

Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram is a public research institution established in 2008. It is one of the seven IISERs established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, to bridge the gap between research and basic sciences' education at the undergraduate level.

Its mission is to establish, build, and sustain an Institution of the highest caliber by the complete integration of teaching and state-of-the-art research; to make learning in science and other knowledge streams exciting through excellent integrative teaching strategies driven by curiosity and creativity.

Ranking

Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram was ranked 58 in India by the National Institutional Ranking Framework in overall ranking in 2018.

Nature Index ranked IISERs as a whole at 4th in the World's 'Top 30 academic institutions under 30' in high-quality research output. It also ranked IISERs at 37th in its overall list of World's Top 200 rising academic institutions.

Departments

Natural Sciences Stream
Biological Sciences
Chemistry
Earth and Environmental Sciences
Mathematics
Physics

Engineering Sciences Stream
Chemical Engineering
Data Science and Engineering
Electrical Engg. & Computer Science

Humanities and Social Sciences Stream