2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th July 2016, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

IIST Centres

Hi I would like to have details of the Advanced Propulsion & Laser Diagnostics Centre as well as other centres which are part of the IIST?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIST Or IISER Which Is Best
Iist pdf
IIST key
Can I Get IIST
Phd AT IIST
After IIST
Iist ncmst
Getting Into IIST
Iist mba
Iist clg
Which is Better IIST or NIT
M.Sc from IIST
M.sc in iist
IIST Map
Iist mn
IIST Vs IIT
IIST Trivandrum
Getting Into IIST
Iist clg
How Many Seats Are Available In IIST
16th July 2016, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIST Centres

Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST), arranged at Thiruvananthapuram is a Deemed to be University under Section 3 of the UGC Act 1956. IIST capacities as a self-governing body under the Department of Space, Government of India. The possibility of such a foundation was mooted remembering the requirement for top notch labor for the Indian Space Research Organization, one of world's driving investigative associations occupied with space research and space applications.

The Centres of Excellence which are part of IIST are:

• Advanced Propulsion & Laser Diagnostics

• Nanoscience & Technology Centre

• Virtual Reality

Advanced Propulsion & Laser Diagnostics:

To perform impetus research through cutting edge laser diagnostics and is conceived to serve as (i) place for leading scholarly research in IIST that would help ISRO exercises, (ii) national office for performing propelled research furthermore as an (iii) national mechanical improvement community for aviation associations.

Current Status

Foundation of Facilities:

The lab has the capacity to perform PIV and PLIF estimations, and is outfitted with:
(i) Double Pulsed Nd-YAG PIV Laser , (ii) Precision Dye Laser, (iii) Intensified CCD Camera, (iv) PIV CCD Camera (v) High Resolution Wavemeter, and (vi) Optical Components.

The essential propulsion facilities established as part of academic research projects of students are (i) Test Setup for Rocket Injector Spray Characterization from atmospheric to critical conditions, (ii) Single Element Coaxial Combustion Facility, and (iii) Supersonic Free Jet Facility

Research/Project work carried out
• CE-20 and PS4 Injector Spray cone angle, film length and droplet size distribution measurements at atmospheric conditions
• Absolute density measurements of a jet injected at supercritical conditions to simulate supercritical mixing of hydrogen jet inside combustion chamber
• Hydroxyl radical concentration measurements in LPG-Air Flame using non-intrusive Laser Induced Fluorescence (LIF) technique

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in