2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th March 2013, 09:07 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM eligibility requirements

Hello my friend, If you are very intelligent, then it is ok, but if you are an average student, then its not an easy task.

To get an IIM, you need to work very hard.
Here I have given the eligibility criteria for IIM Calcutta:

Criteria for short listing and final selection of PGDM and PGDCM candidates for 2013-2015 Batch

Stage: I

Candidates will be short-listed based on CAT score and academic performance provided they achieve the following minimum section-wise and overall CAT 2012 percentile scores as per Table 1 below:

(Table 1: Minimum Cut-off Percentile for short-listing the candidates for Personal Interview (PI) stage)

Stage: II

Method of allotting points for Class X and Class XII percentages of marks based on aggregate scores is given in Table 2 below:

(Table 2: Points for Class X and Class XII marks)

(Table 3: Components and corresponding weights assigned for generating category-wise short-lists for the PI stage)

PI Stage

Criteria for Final Selection for PGDM & PGDCM (Batch 2013-15)

The following table indicates the criteria and their weights to be used for final selection for PGDM and PGDCM for the batch 2013-15.

(Table 4: Criteria and weights for final selection for PGDM & PGDCM)

(Table 5: Points for work experience in completed months)

Reservation Policy

CATEGORY SEC 1 (QDI) SEC 2 (VLR) AGGREGATE
GEN MERIT 80 90 90
NC-OBC 70 80 80
SC 50 50 70
ST 50 50 70
DA 50 50 60

If you are pursuing engineering then I want to tell you that, in third year you need to join a center like TIME, PT education, or other institutions which offers preparation for the CAT Examination.

After this if get a good score, then you need to work hard for the GD & PI.

For getting good score in CAT, you need to give daily practice tests online, by this you are able to think, that how to give online examination, and you will get familiar with those 140 minutes, and types of questions asking in the CAT.

Hope this information will help you,

For more details about IIM Calcutta, contact to:

Address:
Diamond Harbour Road, Joka, Kolkata, West Bengal 700104
Phone: 033 2467 8300

Map:

[MAP] http://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=IIM+calcutta&hl=en&hq=IIM+calcutta&radius=1 5000&t=m&z=16
[/MAP]

Last edited by Pathak; 19th March 2013 at 09:10 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in