2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd April 2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM CAT Success Stories

You want to see success stories of IIM CAT topper Harjot Singh Student of IIM Ahemadabad was got 99.83% in CAT 2010 and his interview was published in some of sites. I am giving you short summary of his interview:

Which all exams did you appear for MBA Admissions (Like CAT, SNAP NMAT, XAT?)

I appeared for CAT and FMS entrance test (which now accepts CAT scores)

Best Percentile /Scores

99.83 in CAT 2010

B school calls you received

IIM A, IIM L, IIM C, IIM I, FMS, SP Jain

Wow! How did you prepare for the written exam?

I joined a classroom program at Career Launcher in the third year of my college and appeared for its test series. The classroom program started in Nov and continued till April. Between April and the date of the examination, the various online test formats (topic-wise tests, section tests, and mock tests) helped a lot in revising the concepts.

In Quantitative Analysis and Data Interpretation sections, the concepts are not very hard to comprehend but require regular practice. In English section, get yourself comfortable with reading comprehensions. The other questions in this section are relativity easier to crack but again require practice for gaining confidence.

Did coaching play an important role? Should students take coaching for MBA Exam preparations?

As mentioned above, there is nothing conceptually very difficult in the CAT syllabus but requires you to practice so that you are exposed to a variety of questions. I believe a coaching institute is like a check which ensures that you study regularly, which is otherwise difficult to achieve on our own.

The study material and the online tests provided by the coaching institutes are of great help during preparation. If you have access to these, it will help you approach the exam in a structured way. Joining or not joining classroom program is a personal choice. If you can be regular with your studies then you can still do without classroom coaching.

Complete interview detail is given in word file which I am uploading for you and you can free download it.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IIM CAT Success Stories.doc (33.0 KB, 141 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in