2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2015, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

IIM Bangalore FPM Interview Questions

I want to take admission in the Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore so I have to appear in the interview of it, can you please tell me which types of questions asked in the interview for admission in FPM course?
Similar Threads
Thread
IIM Bangalore EPGP Interview Questions
NDA Interview Questions
Interview Questions for MBA
CMC Ltd Interview Questions
QTP Interview Questions in HCL
HCL SQL Interview Questions
IT interview questions
SSC CGL Interview Questions
Interview Questions for MBA
Interview Questions IIM Bangalore
IIM Bangalore Interview Questions
ISI Bangalore Interview Questions
CGL Interview Questions
TCS HR Interview Questions
IIT interview questions
Interview Questions ITI
HAL MT Interview Questions
Interview questions that are asked in TNPSC Group II Interview
TCS interview questions
IIM Interview Questions MBA
27th February 2016, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

IIM Bangalore FPM Interview Questions

Hi I would like to have some of the interview question asked in the Fellow Program in Management at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore?
27th February 2016, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM Bangalore FPM Interview Questions

the interview question asked in the Fellow Program in Management at Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore are as follows:

1. Who is the most influential person during the 20th century? And why?
My answer: Albert Einstein. He represents the whole range of technical invention which has revolutionized the world. He also opposed Hitler and his tyrannical regime (which was another significant thing over the last century)

2. What are your career dreams and aspirations? How does a PGP in IIMB help you realize it.
My answer: I want to become a professor after 8 – 10 years of industrial experience. PGP in IIMB will help me build a strong business competence. It also gives me variety in terms of subjects (for phd, and hence teaching) and also gives me a number of career options for work.

Question set for Personal Interview :

CP: Welcome Sundar! Please take your seat.
Me: Thank you sir. Good afternoon sir! (to SP)

CP: So Sundar, What does it feel like to be working in one of the worlds leading company?
Me: Sir, Google is a great place to work. It has a open ..

SP stops me there.

SP: You are technically so good. You are working for Google. MBA is an utter waste of time. In the name of communication, they show some random slides. They talk rubbish without even understanding what it means? Dont come here. Just work in Google.
Me: Sir, I dont think so. People in management are very crucial for the success of a product. It is not just engineering that matters. MBA will help me a long way in …

CP stops me here.
CP: So What do you do at Google?
Me: Sir, I am software engineer there. I have been working there for the past 20 odd months. If I look at my past experience, I have worked on two major aspects. One is infrastructure. And the other is products. As a software engineer I have built both.

SP: You will become manager if you work at Google?
Me: Sure sir, I fully agree with you. But it will take me 5 years to become one.

SP: What are you talking man. What is 5 years compared to a life time. You will make more money there. You dont get so much money in B schools. All papers are simply bloating the salary.
Me: Sir, 5 years is nothing compared to life time. But a very big thing if i have to go for a phd 10 years down the line. I want to become a professor and I am not very concerned about money sir.

SP: What do you like so much about teaching?
Me: Sir, I am very passionate about teaching. I have thought a number of courses for juniors, taken seminars etc. I love it. I really like the “aha” Moment sir. It gives me tremendous satisfaction when people express that feeling when they learn things.

SP is also convinced! He mocks at me by telling.. we dont get “aha” moments. We get only “oooooooho” moments! Smiles every where.
CP is impressed! 😀

Me: (With a broad smile) It doesnt happen every day sir! But is well worth it whenever it happens. :-)

CP: What do you know about teaching? Do you have any idea about it.. Its actually a very boring life?
Me: Sir, I dont think so sir. Teaching is a great profession. I have interacted with a number of teachers, both directly and through my blog before taking this decision. I will get back to the blog in a second. I have made this decision only after talking to a lot of teachers.

Me: Coming to the blog, Sir, I write a blog called Coffee With Sundar :-D. I interview a lot of people from different walks of life over email and share the chat for readers. I have interviewed a number of people. From carnatic music singer, palmist, leading bloggers, students with admits, HR consultant and recently an astronaut! 😀

SP: An astronaut! who is he?
Me: Sir, his name is Edward Lu. He was working in NASA, he joined google recently. I asked a number of interesting questions.

CP: What did you say, Students with admits?
Me: Yes sir. So when I was in final year, I wanted to apply abroad for MS. But I didnt know what the whole process was? Where to start, how to select the interviews, recos etc?
Me: So, I have interviewed students from NIT Trichy about this. I interviewed this guy, who is my junior who has got admit from UIUC. I spoke about how to prepare for GRE, toefl, projects, selecting universities etc. As all this information is collected over informal chat, Coffee With Sundar is a very powerful resource where people can know about various career options etc.

CP: This is really interesting!
Me: Yes sir, some time back I interviewed an entreprenuer. After reading that interview, one of junior is contacted that person and has started a venture with that person. My blog is already making a difference, and I believe it has a long way to go.

CP: Very interesting! Can we also figure in your blog? :-)
Me: Sure sir, why not.
SP: Dont get into troubles by interviewing ppl in admissions committee.

CP: What else do you do? What are your other interests?
Me: Sir, apart from this, I am an amateur Mridangam player. I was learning under Thanjai V Srinivas master when I was in REC Trichy. He passed away. After that, I have been learning under their shishyas whenever I go to Trichy.

SP: So.. Who is your favourite artist?
Me: Sir, Vocal or instrumental?

SP: What do you like about his singing?
Me: I dont have sufficient technical knowledge of his music to judge his singing as I have not learnt music.

SP: What do you mean? You are a Mridangist! If you dont know, who else will?
Me: Ofcourse sir. I really likes the way he brings in bhava into all the songs. All songs have to adhere to some mathematical calculations. If you just focus on the song, the beauty of the song is lost.. But T M Krishna is one of the artists who sings from his heart.. Whenever, I listen to him, I really appreciate the song much more.. But I dont know all the technical details like swaras, etc. It is a great to hear..

SP: Whats your favourite raga?
Me: Sir, I love Varali sir. I just enjoy listening to it. I dont knw sir, whenever I listen to varali, I have a great feeling, which I cant express in words. They are so many great songs in varali. Kanakanaruchira is there.. There is a very beautiful song called Kaa Vaa Vaa.. All these are great songs sir .. Also one of my friend is a carnatic singer.. He keeps sharing new songs in varali… I love this raga sir..

SP: Why do you want to work? Why not Phd directly?
Me: Sir, working is very important sir. Industry is the place where theory meets practise.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in