2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th December 2015, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Re: IIM Ahmedabad Job Profiles

hii sir, I am in the final year of MBA will you please tell me what is the job profile of the student of IIM Ahemdabad ?
25th December 2015, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM Ahmedabad Job Profiles

As per my knowledge the companies that are for recruiting has the ration of both as following:
Consulting - 20-40% of the batch
2. Banking - 20-40% of the batch

Now the question how you define the two things mentioned above. A consultant in McK and one in IBM are technically both consultants. Some IIMs will however specify consulting as Management Consulting, and will indicate this in their placement report.

The Wipro consultant is thus likely to be classified under the IT section of the report.

1. Banking - Associate. You typically start of as an associate on a particular 'desk'. In many cases this translates into making PPTs and reports.

2. Consulting - Associate or Junior Consultant. Companies may have different names for this but the idea is more or less the same. Most of the time will be spent on gathering primary and secondary data and (you guessed it) making PPTs and reports.

3. Marketing - Assistant Brand Manager. Once again, the title may vary from one company to the other, but the overall role will be more or less the same. You will typically be involved in creating some sort of 'engagement' and working closely with a Brand Manager. This reply is more applicable for an FMCG like HUL or P&G but should be a general fit for other marketing roles as well. Once again, good amount of time will be spent on making PPTs and reports.

4. IT - l placements are preferred here (a hiring program designed specifically for people with 2 years or more of work experience). As you can imagine, this means that roles can be drastically different for two people selected by the same company from the same batch depending on their individual backgrounds and work experiences.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in