2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th September 2014, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IIM A Admission

As you want I am here giving the detail of Admission criteria for the PGPX Application.

Eligibility Criteria for the PGPX Application:

1. Candidate should have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in any discipline.
2. Minimum Age : 27 years as on 31st March of the year in which the PGPX Programme commences.

3. GMAT score obtained in the last four years of start of programme.

Admission Process 2015-16 Batch important dates:
Start of application season
30th April 2014

Application closure
11th August 2014 6:00 pm Indian Standard Time (GMT + 5:30)

Announcement of interview shortlist
16th September 2014

Interviews
September-October 2014

Intimation of offers
By 31st October 2014

Acceptances with commitment fee
1st Commitment Fee by November end 2014
2nd Commitment Fee by mid-January 2015
Balance fee payments by March end 2015

Contact detail:
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
Andhanjan Mandal Cross Road, IIM Rd, I I M, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad, Gujarat 380009 ‎
079 6632 3456

Map:

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=iim+ahmedabad&hl=en&ll=23.03286,72.534034&s pn=0.009755,0.017831&sll=28.528508,77.249207&sspn= 0.009313,0.017831&oq=iim+Ah&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]
8th December 2014, 10:08 AM
Unregistered

IIM A Admission

What should I do to get into IIM (Indian Institute of Management) Ahmedabad as I want to take admission in it only?
8th December 2014, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

IIM (Indian Institute of Management) Ahmedabad calculates application rating depending on the marks obtained by the candidate in class X, class XII and Graduation for admission in MBA.

The good thing about the rating system is that it doesn’t provide any extra points for being a non-engineer or for being a female. It provides a level playing field to all irrespective of graduation background and gender, at least in the initial phase where shortlist for WA/PI process is done.

So, a General Engineer Male/Female and Non-Engineer Male/Female need to get same CAT score (assuming they have similar marks in Class X, class XII and Graduation).

Common Admission Test(CAT ) is conducted by Indian Institute of Managements (IIMs) for admission to Post Graduate Programmes and Fellow Programmes with Sectoral programmes on Agricultural and Rural Development, Energy and Power, Human Settlements and Environment, Population and Health, Transportation and Education Management at IIM Ahmedabad, Calcutta, Bangalore, Lucknow, Indore , Kozhikode and Shillong

CAT Eligibility

The candidate must have a Bachelor Degree, with at least 50% marks or equivalent CGPA [45% in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/ Scheduled tribe (ST) or Persons with Disability (PWD) category], of any of the Universities incorporated by an act of the central or state legislature in India or other educational institutions.

Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor degree / equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirement and are awaiting results can also apply.

CAT Exam Format
CAT is a computer based test, conducted in multiple cities during a window of 3-4 weeks. A candidate can select his / her test date and slot as per choice and availability.

CAT Syllabus
Section I

Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation
Quantitative Ability comprising mainly of arithmetic, mensuration, geometry, algebra, trignometry, probablity and calculus etc

Arithmetic - number systems, ratio propotions, simplification, averages, ages, time, work, distances etc.
Geomtery - triangles and circles
Mensuration - areas and volumes
Algebra - theory of equations, quadratiic equations, pemutations and combinations, sequence and series etc
Trignometry - height and distances
Calculus - maxima and minima, functions etc
Data Interpretation
Data Interpretation - line graphs, bar charts, tables, pie diagrams, scatter diagrams

Section II

Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning
Verbal Ability comprising English Grammar, Vocabulary, Proficiency, Usage and Comprehension

English Grammar - not many core questions
English Vocabulary - no straight synonyms or antonyms but sometimes analogies or pairs in fill in blanks
English Proficiency - correction, rearrangement and completion of sentences and paragraphs
English Usage - inappropriate usage of words, commonly confused pair of words
English Comprehension - around five to six paragraphs with around 1000 words and five to six questions each mainly checking your ability to comprehend with speed.

Logical Reasoning comprising passages on Logical Ability
15th May 2015, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

Will you tell me how I can check my admission status for Post-Graduate Programme in Management ( 2015-2017 batch ) at Indian Institute of Management , Ahmedabad ?
15th May 2015, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here telling you process to check the admission status for Post-Graduate Programme in Management ( 2015-2017 batch ) at Indian Institute of Management , Ahmedabad.

Visit official website of the Indian Institute of Management , Ahmedabad.
Looks like :

here you get programs link click on that link.

Next page looks like :

Here at left side you get admission detail link click on that link.
Next page looks like:

here you get Admission Status: PGP (IIMA) 2015-17 batch link click on that link.
Next page looks like :

here enter Test Registration No. and Email ID and click on go to check status.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in