2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th July 2015, 08:32 AM
Unregistered

IFS Exam Course

Hello, I am looking for the details regarding the list of the optional subjects in the Indian Forest Service Examination and the syllabus of the exam. So can you please provide me the details regarding this including the Paper Pattern so that it may be helpful for me??
11th July 2015, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IFS Exam Course

You are looking for the details regarding the list of the optional subjects in the Indian Forest Service Examination and the syllabus of the exam. So I am providing it to you so that it may be helpful for you:

Optional Subjects:

Agriculture
Agricultural Engineering
Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Forestry
Geology
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Physics
Statistics
Zoology

Syllabus:

GENERAL ENGLISH and GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

The standard level of papers in General English and General Knowledge are designed for a Science or Engineering graduate of an Indian University. The English paper would consist of an essay and passages to write summary. Other questions are designed to test general understanding of English and everyday use of words. .

OPTIONAL SUBJECTS

The standard level and syllabus for optional subject papers is based on the Bachelors Degree (with Honours). There will be no practical examination in any of the subjects.

There will be eight (8) questions in each subject paper carrying equal marks. All questions will carry equal marks. Each paper will be divided into two parts, Part A and Part B, each containing four questions. Out of eight questions, five questions are to be attempted. One question in each part will be compulsory. Candidates will be required to answer three more questions out of the remaining six questions, taking at least one question from each Part. Thus, at least two questions will be attempted from each Part plus one more.

PERSONALY TEST

The candidates will be interviewed by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The record of candidate's career will be present before the interviewers.

The object of the interview is to assess the suitability of the candidate for the Service. The candidate will be expected to have an all round personality. He/She should have an intelligent interest not only in his academics but also should be aware of his cultural, political and social surroundings. He/She should be aware of current affairs, modern current of thoughts and new discoveries happening around him both within and outside his own State or country.

The technique of the interview will not be a strict cross examination like a question and answer session. It would be more like a natural, though directed and purposive conversation, intended to reveal personal qualities of the candidate. The Board will pay special attention to assessing the intellectual curiosity, critical powers of observation and assimilation, balance of judgment and alertness of mind, initiative, tact, capacity for leadership; the ability for social cohesion, mental and physical energy and powers of practical application; integrity of character; and other qualities such as topographical sense, love for out-door life and the desire to explore unknown and out of way places.

Paper Pattern:

Paper I - General English 300 Marks
Paper II - General Knowledge 300 Marks
Paper III, IV, V & VI - Any two subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out below. Each subject will have two papers. 200 Marks for each paper
Total marks for written examination 1400 Marks

Best of Luck Buddy..!!

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in