2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th March 2013, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IES Vacancies in India

You are looking for IES job in India so as on 22nd February 2013 for following posts vacancies is available:

IES- Department through CIVIL ENGINEERING Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Services (Civil Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Engineering Service.
(iv) Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Civil Engineering Posts).
(v) Indian Ordance Factories Services.
(vi) Central Water Engineering Gr. 'A' Service (Civil Engineering Posts).
(vii) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A. (Civil Engg. Posts)
(viii) Assistant Executive Engineer (Civil Engineering Post) (in Border Roads Engineering Service Gr. 'A').

IES- Department through MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Group A Services/Posts
(i) Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Water Engineering Gr. 'A' Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(iv) Central Power Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service.
(vi) Indian Naval Armament Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(vii) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' (Mech. Engg. Posts) in the corps of EME, Ministry of Defence.
(viii) Assistant Naval Stores Officer, Grade-I (Mechanical Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
(ix) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(x) Assistant Executive Engineer (Electrical and Mechanical) [Mechanical Engineering post] in Border Roads Engineering Service Group 'A').
(xi) Indian Supply Service, Group 'A' (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(xii) Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Mechanical Engineering Posts).
(xiii) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group 'A' [Mechanical Engg. posts].

IES- Department through ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING Group A Services/Posts

(i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(iii) Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service (Electrical Engg. Posts).
(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service.
(vi) Central Power Engineering Service (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(vii) Indian Defence Service of Engineers (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(viii) Assistant Naval Stores Officer.
(ix) Indian Supply Service Group 'A' (Electrical Engineering Posts).
(x) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' [Electrical Engg. post] in the corps of EME, Ministry of Defence.

IES- Department through ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATION ENGINEERING Group A & B Services/Posts
(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service (Telecommunication/ Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iii) Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts).
(iv) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts) in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence.
(v) Central Power Engg. Service, Group 'A' [Electronics and Tele Communication Engg. Service].
(vi) Engineer (GCS-Gr-'A') in Wireless Planning and Co-ordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation. (M/o Communications & I.T., D/o Telecommunications).
(vii) Assistant Naval Stores Officer Grade-I (Electronics & Telecom Engineering Posts) in Indian Navy.
(viii) Indian Supply Service, Group 'A' (Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering Posts).
(ix) Indian Inspection Service Group 'A' [Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. Posts].
(x) Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. 'A'.
(xi) Junior Telecom officer [General Central Service Group 'B' Gazetted Non-Ministerial].

Let me know that for which post you want to apply so that I can provide you more detail about that post.
22nd February 2016, 10:40 AM
Unregistered

I would like to know the various discipline in which Indian Engineering Services examination aspirants are posted?
22nd February 2016, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

Notification for Engineering Services Exam (IES) 2015 has been published by UPSC. Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam is a leading competitive examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission), for selecting engineers for Government of India’s engineering organizations, such as Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES) etc. The exam is conducted for the different branches of Civil. Mechanical, Electrical & Electronics Engineering each year.

The IES examination paper pattern is as given below:

General Ability Test of 2 hrs. which is consists of:
Part A: General English (60 questions 100 marks)
Part B: General Studies (60 questions 100 marks)
Part A: General English-The question paper in General English will be designed to test the candidate's understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
Part B: General Studies-The paper in General Studies will include knowledge of current events and of such matters as of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study.

Objective-I (2hrs.), lunch break 1 hr. and then Objective-II (2hrs.).
Objective –I: Total 120 Questions and 200 marks for 120 questions. Time allowed 2 hrs.
Objective –II: Total 120 Questions and 200 marks for 120 questions. Time allowed 2 hrs.
To prepare for the objective paper you should focus on previous year’s papers. Type and level of questions remains same. Whenever you solve the previous year’s papers remember the formulae, type of question and process for solving the same. Never memorize question with answer.

3rd Day: Conventional-I (3hrs.), lunch break 1 hr. and then Conventional-II (3hrs.)
Conventional –I: Total 5 Questions have to be attempted of 40 marks for each question of total 200 marks. Time allowed 3 hrs.
Conventional –II: Total 5 Questions have to be attempted of 40 marks for each question of total 200 marks. Time allowed 3 hrs.
For Conventional Paper you must practice with previous 25 yrs IES and 25 years Civil Services (main) papers.

Interview
Based on written exam UPSC will short list students and will call for Interview. Number of aspirants called for interview is about 2.5 to 3 times the vacancy for particular year.

The following are the profiles where the sucessful aspirants are placed in various disciplines:

Central Govt. Departments in which you get a job through IES Exam:
Departments for Civil Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Services.
(iii) Central Engineering Service.
(iv) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(v) Indian Ordance Factories Services. AWM/JTS
(vi) Central Engineering Service (Roads) Group-A.
(vii) Astt. Executive Engineer (Civil) P & T Building Works Gr. ‘A’ Service.
(viii) Assistant Executive Engineer (QS & C) in Military Engineer Service (MES) Surveyor Cadre.

Departments for Mechanical Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers.
(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service.
(iii) Central Power Engineering Service Group ‘A’.
(iv) Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS.
(v) Indian Naval Armament Service.
(vi) Assistant Executive Engineer Group 'A' in the corps of EME, Ministry of Defence.
(vii) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service.
(viii) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.

Departments for Electrical Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Electrical Engineers.
(iii) Central Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Service.
(iv) Indian Naval Armament Service.
(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service. AWM/JTS.
(vi) Central Power Engineering Service.
(vii) Indian Defence Service of Engineers.
(viii) Assistant Executive Engineer Gr. ‘A’ in Corps of EME, Min of Defence.

Departments for Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
(i) Indian Railway Service of Signal Engineers.
(iii) Indian Naval Armament Service.
(iv) Assistant Executive Engineer Group ‘A’ in the Corps of E.M.E., Ministry of Defence
(v) Central Power Engg. Service, Group 'A' (Electronics and Telecommunication Engg. Service).
(vi) Indian Inspection Service (Asst. Dir. Grade-I)
(vii) Indian Telecommunication Service Gr. 'A'.
(viii) Junior Telecom Officer (General Central Service Group 'B' Gazetted Non- Ministerial).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in