2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th April 2013, 05:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IES Syllabus Pdf Mechanical

As you want syllabus of IES Mechanical Engineering Exam so I am giving you syllabus which is common for most of universities/institutes:

PAPER-I 1. Thermodynamics : Cycles and IC Engines, Basic concepts, Open and Closed systems. Heat and work. Zeroth, First and Second Law, Application to non-Flow and Flow processes. Entropy, Availability, Irreversibility and Tds relations. Claperyron and real gas equations, Properties of ideal gases and vapours. Standard vapour, Gas power and Refrigeration cycles. Two stage compressor. C-I and S.I. Engines. Pre-ignition, Detonation and Diesel-knock, Fuel injection and Carburation, Supercharging. Turbo-prop and Rocket engines, Engine Cooling, Emission & Control, Flue gas analysis, Measurement of Calorific values. Conventional and Nuclear fuels, Elements of Nuclear power production.

2. Heat Transfer and Refrigeration and Airconditioning: Modes of heat transfer. One dimensional steady and unsteady conduction. Composite slab and Equivalent Resistance. Heat dissipation from extended surfaces, Heat exchangers, Overall heat transfer coefficient, Empirical correlations for heat transfer in laminar and turbulent flows and for free and forced Convection, Thermal boundary layer over a flat plate. Fundamentals of diffusive and connective mass transfer, Black body and basic concepts in Radiation, Enclosure theory, Shape factor, Net work analysis. Heat pump and Refrigeration cycles and systems, Refrigerants. Condensers, Evaporates and Expansion devices, Psychrometry, Charts and application to air conditioning, Sensible heating and cooling, Effective temperature, comfort indices, Load calculations, Solar refrigeration, ontrols, Duct design.

For remaining syllabus you are free to download attached pdf file which is free for you.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES Mechanical Engineering Exam Syllabus.pdf (17.6 KB, 149 views)

Tags
syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in