2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th January 2013, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IES information about IES

The eligibility required for the Indian Engineering Services (IES) Examination is as follows:

The candidate must be a citizen of India.

The minimum age of the candidate should be 21 years and he must not have attained the age of 30 years on the 1st August of the current year.

You can see the attached file for more details.
Attached Files
File Type: doc IES information about IES.doc (35.0 KB, 66 views)
23rd May 2015, 08:49 AM
Unregistered

I want to appear in Indian Engineering Services exam . Will you please provide the detailed information regarding the Indian Engineering Services exam ?
23rd May 2015, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

IES is a paper-pen based, four-part government service exam hold by the Union Public Service Commission

Categories of which recruitment is made through the Examination

i. Electrical Engineering

ii. Mechanical Engineering

iii. Civil Engineering

iv. Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering

Eligibility Criteria:

Candidates aged between 21 and 30 years of on the August 01, 2015 are eligible to apply

Candidates must have obtained a degree/diploma in engineering from a recognized university.

Paper Pattern

Paper I (Objective type)
200 marks
General Ability Test
(Part A: General English)
(Part B: General Studies)

Papers II & III (Objective type)
200 Marks for each paper
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering

Papers IV & V(Conventional Type)-- 200 Marks for each paper
Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering

Important dates :

Date of Notification:- 14.03.2015

Last date for receipt of applications:- 10.04.2015

Date of commencement of Examination:- 12.06.2015

Duration of the Exam:- 3 DAYS.

List of few books are given below :

Chapterwise Solved Papers (2012 - 2000) IES Indian Engineering Services: Electrical Engineering (Paper - 1 & 2) by Deepak Purohit

IES - 2013 Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper 1 & 2) by ME Team

Crack GATE / IES / PSUs and Other Competitive Exams with Mechanical Engineering by Experts Compilation

IES Indian Engineering Services Electronic & Telecommuincation Engineering: Chapterwise Solved Papers, Paper - 1 and 2 (2012 - 2000) by Manish Purbey

IES - 2013 Electrical Engineering: Conventional Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) ME Team

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook on Mechanical Engineering ME Team

IES - 2013 E and T Engineering: Topicwise Objective Solved Papers (Paper - 1 & 2) by ME Team

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook on Electronics and Communication Engineering by ME Team

IES, GATE, PSUs: A Handbook for Electrical Engineering 1st Edition by ME Team

IES Indian Engineering Services: Civil Engineering Chapterwise Solved Objective Paper, 2012 - 2000 (Paper 1 and 2) by Ajay Kumar, Ashish

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in