2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th August 2015, 01:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IES exam General Studies

As you want to get the syllabus of General Studies of exam of Indian Engineering Service so here is the information of the same for you:

Syllabus of General Studies of exam of Indian Engineering Service:
This section will have questions including knowledge of current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on Indian Polity including the political system and the Constitution of India, History of India and Geography of a nature which the candidate should be able to answer without special study.

Tentative Schedule:

(i) Notification of Examination: January/February
(ii) Conduct of Examination: June/July

Categories of which recruitment is made through the Examination
i. Civil Engineering
ii. Mechanical Engineering
iii. Electrical Engineering
iv. Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering

Age-limits:
Candidates must be in between 21-30 years on 1st August of the year of Examination.

Educational Qualifications:
Candidates must have passed degree in Engineering from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects also acceptable for certain Services/posts only.

Scheme of Examination:
Paper I (Objective type) General Ability Test 200 Marks
(Part A: General English)
(Part B: General Studies)
Papers II & III (Objective type) Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-Communication Engineering 200 Marks for each paper
Papers IV & V(Conventional Type) Civil Engineering/Mechanical Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering 200 Marks for each paper
Total marks for written Examination 1000 Marks
Personality Test 200 Marks

For more detailed information I am uploading a PDF file which is free to download:

(IES 2015 Exam Notification)

Contact Details:
Union Public Service Commission
Dholpur House,
Shahajan Road
New Delhi,
Delhi 110069
India

Map Location:

[MAP]Union Public Service Commission New Delhi[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in