2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th September 2014, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IES Exam Eligibility Criteria

Indian Engineering Services is conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Here is UPSC IES details:

AGE LIMIT:
The minimum age attained by the candidate is 21 years and the candidate must not be more than 30 years.

The candidate must fall in the age bracket of 21 to 30 years on 1st August of the year of examination.

Age relaxable upto 35 years in the case of Government Servants of some categories

Qualification:
The applicant should have following criteria:

B.Tech/B.E or,passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India).

OR

Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time,

OR

Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India);

OR

Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India;

OR

Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959

Application Fee:
No Application Fee for SC / ST / PH / Female Candidates.
Rs. 200/- for Others.

Dates
Start Date for IES 2015 Registration: 22nd March 2015
Last Date for IES Registration 2015: 21st April 2015
Date of ESE IES 2015 Exam: 20th June 2015( 3 Days exam)
15th November 2014, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria

I am a final year student of BE in EEE . I am eligible for the IES entrance Exam or not ?
17th November 2014, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Sorry to say that being a final year student of BE in EEE you are not eligible for the IES Exam which conducted by UPSC, New Delhi, .

Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have hold a bachelor's degree in Engineering (B.E. / B. Tech) from a recognised university or equivalent. M.Sc degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communications, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as special subjects

Age limit of applicants must be between 21-30 years on 1st August

Selection Process
The process of selection is depends on the performance of applicants in written examination and in personal interview as well.

Important Dates:
Date of Notification:- 14.03.2015
Last date for receipt of applications:- 10.04.2015
Date of commencement of Examination:- 12.06.2015

Address
UPSC, Man Singh Road Area
New Delhi, Delhi ‎

[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=UPSC,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&hl=en&ll=28.607902,7 7.225325&spn=0.010229,0.020428&sll=23.324602,85.36 6516&sspn=0.684749,1.307373&oq=UPSC+&hnear=UPSC,+M an+Singh+Road+Area,+New+Delhi,+Delhi&t=m&z=16[/MAP]
9th December 2014, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

IES Exam Eligibility Criteria

I want to give IES Exam next year so please give details about this exam including Eligibility Criteria?
9th December 2014, 10:42 AM
Super Moderator

Here I am giving you details about IES exam including Eligibility Criteria. IES are the civil services that meet the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India. IES officers are selected by the union government on the recommendation of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

Eligibility for IES

Nationality:
A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Age Limits:
Minimum 21 years
Maximum 30 years

Age Relaxation:
Upper age limit of 30 years is relaxable up to 35 years for categories prescribed by Government.

Educational Qualifications:

Engineering Degree from a University of Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or

Passed Section A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or

Engineering Degree/diploma from foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognized by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or

Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or

Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or

Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959, or

M. Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
18th May 2015, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I want to appear in the IES Exam? So I am searching for the Eligibility Criteria required for the IES Exam? Can you please tell me about its IES Exam Eligibility Criteria?
18th May 2015, 02:34 PM
Super Moderator

The INDIAN ENGINEERING SERVICE (IES) exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).

You are asking for the Eligibility Criteria required for the IES Exam. This is as follows:

Eligibility Criteria:

NATIONALITY:

A Candidate must be either
i. a citizen of India, or
ii. a subject of Nepal, or
iii. a subject of Bhutan

AGE LIMIT:
The minimum age attained by the candidate is 21 years and the candidate must not be more than 30 years.

Educational Requirement or Qualification:
A candidate must have an Engineering degree from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central Government or State Legislature in India.

Selection process will be done in two stages

(i). Written Examination
(ii). Interview

One Engineering Discipline should be chosen from the following categories:
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering

The written examination will comprise two sections:
Section I - objective types questions
Section II – conventional (essay) type questions papers.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in