2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th December 2015, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IES exam for Chemical Engg

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Engineering Services Examination

It is a combined competitive examination for recruitment to the services or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

Chemical Engineering is not any subject in the IES exam; here I am giving you the list of subjects of it

General Ability Test
Category I: Civil Engineering
Category II: Mechanical Engineering
Category III: Electrical Engineering
Category IV: Electronics & Communication Engineering

Exam Pattern
Section/Paper Duration Maximum Marks

Section I (Objective)
General Ability Test 2 Hours 200
Engineering Paper I 2 Hours 200
Engineering Paper II 2 Hours 200

Section II (Conventional)
Engineering Paper I 3 Hours 200
Engineering Paper II 3 Hours 200

Syllabus for General Ability:
Part I: General English: The paper in General English section will have questions to test the candidate’s understanding of English and ability to use the English words at correct place and in a better way .

Part II : General Studies: The paper in General Studies section will include questions related with knowledge of current events and of such matters related to everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected from an educated person. The question paper in this section will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature which candidates should be able to answer without special study

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in