2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th July 2014, 04:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ICFAI University MBA Previous year Question Paper

Yes sure, here I am sharing the ICFAI University MBA Previous year Question Paper:

1. The most important task of an operations manager is making efficient use of materials, capacity and knowledge
available to achieve an output of the desired quality and quantity. To understand the various roles of an
operations manager, they are classified into two models. Which of the following job responsibilities is/are
common with both model 1 and model 2 managers?
I. Receiving incoming calls and mails.
II. Ensuring the health and safety of the workers.
III. Packaging the product.
IV. Negotiating with suppliers.
(a) Only (IV) above
(b) Both (I) and (III) above
(c) Both (II) and (IV) above
(d) (I), (II) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II), (III) and (IV) above.

2. The effectiveness of an organization nowadays depends on its ability to develop itself into a social organization.
As a result, organizations have evolved overtime to perform a number of functions or tasks in society. Which of
the following tasks of organizations is related to creation and maintenance of wealth?
(a) Financial tasks
(b) Economic and production tasks
(c) Maintenance tasks
(d) Adaptive tasks
(e) Social tasks.

3. Carbon intensity levels are high in India when compared to other Asian countries. Which of the following is/are
the reason(s) for increase in carbon intensity level?
I. Increase in industrial activity.
II. Absence of energy and conservation measures.
III. Indian economic policies like low import tariffs on high-quality coal.
IV. Subsidies on low-quality coal.
(a) Only (II) above
(b) Only (III) above
(c) Both (I) and (IV) above
(d) (I), (II) and (IV) above

4. Hostile takeovers are those that elicit opposition from the boards or employees of the target company.
Management uses many techniques to protect themselves from the unruly predator. In this regard, which of the
following is true regarding sandbag technique?
(a) Management may promote its own interests at the time of biding
(b) The company gives lucrative benefits to its top executives
(c) A potential takeover agent purchases stock in a company
(d) The company under target, changes the articles of association so that a group of shareholders have
special rights, which are evoked by a takeover
(e) Management may stall the buyout attempt in the hope that another more favorable company will try to
take them over.

i. e x e
5. The board relies on independent outside directors to monitor management performance. In order to do so the
board sets up various committees such as audit committee. Which of the following in not a function of the audit
committee?
(a) Make recommendations regarding the audit fee, selection and replacement of auditors
(b) Select the new non-executive directors
(c) Review the interim and final accounts
(d) Inform the board about the effectiveness of internal control and the quality of financial reporting as
pointed out by the independent auditors
(e) Discuss with independent auditors about the problems they experience in completing the audit.

6. Talcott Parsons proposed a view called the integration view of ethics. In this context, which of the following
statements is/are false?
I. It expresses that business being an economic entity has the right to make profits, but at the same time, it
should discharge the social obligations.
II. It implies that if businesses want to exist, survive and flourish, morality and ethics cannot be separated
from the operation of the business in the long run.
III. It endorses that the only aim of business is to generate profits.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Only (III) above
(d) Both (I) and (III) above
(e) Both (II) and (III) above.

7. Accounting is defined as, “the process by which any business keeps track of its financial activities by recording
its debits and credits and balancing its accounts.” Which of the following is/are true regarding accounting?
I. It provides a system of rules and principles, which govern the format, and content of financial statements.
II. By adhering to the principles and practices in the system of an organization, it can provide fair and accurate
reporting of the financial position of a business.
III. The ethical issues surrounding accounting practices are under reporting income, falsifying documents,
illegally evading income taxes and engaging in fraud.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (III) above
(c) Both (I) and (III) above
(d) Both (II) and (III) above
(e) All (I), (II) and (III) above.

8. Different social laws of states and nations that govern occupational safety and environmental standards is an
example of
(a) Law of economies
(b) Company law
(c) Law of the jungle
(d) Law of conservation of energy
(e) Industrial law.

9. Which of the following implies, adopting the norms of the country, in which an organization operates its
business?
(a) Stakeholder theory, strategy and ethics
(b) Loyalty contract
(c) Psychological contract
(d) Cultural relativism
(e) Leveraged buy-outs.

10.The enhanced competition in the global economy has compelled corporations to perform better by going in for
cost-cutting, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions and downsizing. All these activities can be carried
out successfully only if there is proper
(a) Social responsibility
(b) Business ethics
(c) Corporate governance
(d) Corporate management
(e) Ethical audit.

11.Thomas Donaldson and Thomas Dunfee proposed the Integrative Social Contract Theory. Which of the
following are not true regarding ‘social contract theory’?
I. A social agreement is formal agreement concerning behavioral norms that are developed from shared goals,
beliefs and attitudes of groups of people or communities.
II. Business organizations gain legitimacy through a social contract with society.
III. Social contract can be used as a tool to measure the performance of society.
IV. If the organization fulfills the terms of the social contract, the society can be morally justified for
condemning it.
(a) Both (I) and (IV) above
(b) Both (II) and (III) above
(c) (I), (II) and (IV) above
(d) (I), (III) and (IV) above

12.Organizations, after they identify and are able to clearly state its values, will be in a position to train its
employees to deal with ethical dilemmas. The step-by-step process that will help employees resolve ethical
dilemma is known as
(a) Altruism
(b) Believe
(c) Credos
(d) Deontology
(e) Espoused values.

13.Ferrell and Gresham have identified various factors that determine the code of ethics framed by marketer. Which
of the following factors refer to the extent to which reference groups, top management and peers influence the
marketer?
(a) Individual factors
(b) Consumers factors
(c) Significant factors
(d) Organizational factors
(e) Opportunity factors.

14.Boards are categorized depending on the way they function, their commitment to effective decision-making and
concern for interpersonal relations. Rubber stamp board
I. Lays emphasis on maintaining cordial interpersonal relations.
II. Accords to high priority to effective decision-making.
III. Gives little importance to either good interpersonal relation.
IV. Ratifies whatever decisions the CEO takes.
(a) Only (III) above
(c) Both (III) and (IV) above
(d) (II), (III) and (IV) above

15.Mr. Ramachandran, the new CEO of Spa group of companies takes the initiative for developing the corporate
code. Which of the following is not a guideline that he should follow when developing the corporate code?
(a) He should identify the key behaviors that maximize the long-term owner value
(b) The human resource department must review the code
(c) A copy of the code should be sent each and every employee
(d) Codes should be updated atleast once a year
(e) Codes should ensure that they are in accordance with both company and government laws.

16.Fair economic competition is one of the basic requirements for increasing the wealth of nations. Therefore, the
responsibilities of the organization towards the competitors should not be which of the following?
(a) Foster closed markets for trade and investment
(b) Promote competitive behavior that is socially and environmentally beneficial
(c) Refrain from either seeking or participating in questionable payments
(d) Respect both tangible and intellectual property rights
(e) Refuse to acquire commercial information by dishonesty.

17.According to the Companies Act, an individual holding the position of a director of a firm should act as a trustee,
agent and managing partner. Fiduciary duties of a director include(s)
I. To act with best of skill and expertise.
II. Not to exceed their authority and powers.
III. Not to use unpublished and confidential information belonging to the company for their own purpose.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (III) above

18.Moral standards deal with right and wrong behavior and law compels individuals to act in the “right” or desired
manner. Considering the relationship between moral standards and legal requirements, which of the following
are the requirements laid down to develop a fair law?
I. Laws and moral standards overlap to a certain extent.
II. The law always represents collective moral judgment.
III. The requirement of law tends to be positive while moral standards tend to be negative.
IV. Law represents a minimum set of standards for generating human behavior in society.
(a) Both (I) and (IV) above
(c) Both (III) and (IV) above
(d) (II), (III) and (IV) above

19.Business organizations are considered to be social institutions, apart from being economic entities, due to which
of the following reasons?
I. Business organizations exist and operate within a social structure.
II. Businesses need to win social acceptance, for their survival.
III. Business organizations need to be socially responsible as they exercise a wide influence on the society’s
lifestyle.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above
(c) Only (III) above

20.In order to ensure the availability of raw material buyers often resort to forward buying. Therefore, Tandon
committee has laid down certain norms for the inventory requirements. Which of the following is not a reason
for organizations to deviate from these norms?
(a) Irregularities in the import of raw material
(b) Unavoidable interruptions in production due to strikes, power cuts etc.
(c) Transport delays
(d) Piling up of stock of finished goods due to some special circumstances
(e) It’s the role of the purchase department.

21.Multinational companies (MNCs) are companies that have significant investments in several countries, which
derive a substantial part of their income from foreign operations. Which of the following is not a reason for
companies going global?
(a) Lower wage rates
(b) The opportunity to be closer to the suppliers
(c) Saturation of global markets
(d) To exploit opportunities in new markets
(e) Recession or domestic completion.

22.The manner in which a business deals with its employees is a clear indication of its ethical character. Ethics in
personnel function deals with all the issues in the relationship between the employee and the business. Which
of the following is not an ethical issue in human resource management?
(a) Retrenchment
(b) Employment contract
(c) Equality of opportunity
(d) Remuneration
(e) Hiring.

23.As businesses expand the issues concerned with environment started gaining importance. Most western
European countries have faced problems due to environmental degradation. Which of the following did West
Germany prepare to show the extent of damage caused to the environment?
(a) Ecological balance sheet
(b) Anxiological balance sheet
(c) Eco-centric balance sheet
(d) Deontological balance sheet
(e) Psychological balance sheet.

24.The problem with normative theories’ fundamental principle is that there is no agreement among ethicists on
which moral principles are the right ones. For a moral principle to be accepted by most of the ethicists, it must
be all of the following, except
(a) Descriptive
(b) Universal
(c) Overriding
(d) Public
(e) Practical.

25.Six factors are involved in ethical decision-making. Among these six factors if more than one-factor affects an
ethical dilemma then the ethical intensity increases. Ethical intensity is described as the
(a) Degree of minimum conduct expected by persons and businesses in society
(b) Degree of importance given to an ethical issue
(c) Degree of social acceptance that exists in defining something as good or bad
(d) Degree of high innovation and progress
(e) Degree of high legal protection.

26.The stakeholders of an organization are all those who participate in some way in the activities of the
organization. According to Freeman and Reed, stakeholders may be
I. Any group of people who have a stake in the business.
II. Those who are vital to the survival and success of the organization.
III. Any group that is affected by the activities of the organization.
(a) Only (I) above
(b) Only (II) above

27.Corporations perform a wide array of activities, ranging from production of various types of goods and services
that are essential for leading a normal life. Which of the following is/are true regarding the purpose of a
corporation?
I. Business corporations help human beings satisfy their basic needs of security, success and fulfillment.
II. A well-designed corporation enables individuals to create more wealth.
III. Corporations provide rigidity to individuals enabling them to perform better.
IV. Corporations are living entities exercising different rights and powers compared to any normal citizen.
(a) Only (III) above
(b) Only (IV) above
(c) Both (I) and (II) above
(d) Both (II) and (IV) above

28.Which of the following is a characteristic of the Anglo-American model of corporate governance?
(a) The labor relations officer finds a place on the management board
(b) The board ratifies whatever decisions the president takes
(c) The president is appointed on the basis of a consensus between the shareholders and the banks
(d) The supervisory board appoints and monitors the management board
(e) The creditors have a lien on the assets of the corporation.

29.The ethical decision-making model recommends a step wise process. Which of the following is not a step in the
ethical decision making process?
(a) Judging the decision
(b) Establishing a moral intent
(c) Evaluating the decision
(d) Engaging in ethical behavior
(e) Problem recognition.

30.The first cyber law passed in India in order to curb growing unethical practices in the field of information
technology is
(a) Information Technology Act, 2000
(b) Cyber law
(c) E-commerce law
(d) The ITR Act
(e) Anti hacking law.

Rests of the questions are in the attachment download it freely from here:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ICFAI University MBA Previous year Question Paper.pdf (220.4 KB, 184 views)
13th October 2014, 12:37 PM

Will you please provide me the ICFAI University MBA Financial Management For Managers Previous year Question Paper& ans???
14th July 2015, 07:35 PM

I am appearing for Group E and F, can someone send me the question papers from 2010 to till date to my mail ID suresh_care@yahoo.com
8th August 2019, 12:41 PM
Unregistered

Will you please provide me the ICFAI University MBA 1 semester Previous july 19 Paper& ans???

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in